[SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

There is no need to go to another area just yet. It is all part of the conversion process.

This article should help, Could not open theme/get template config
Have you hugged someone today?

saqqaramama

Post by saqqaramama »

oh great!

that looks like what i want, i'll have some coffee 8O and try auto fix A.

i think the problem is that we had a custom theme in nuke, so it's probably looking for that?

saqqaramama

Post by saqqaramama »

woo hoo thanks once again! that fixed it.

i could use a little advice though. now this forum is mostly working (the only error i've found and can't fix is that it freaks out on logout giving this message -

phpBB : Critical Error

Error obtaining user details

DEBUG MODE

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 457
File : sessions.php

) now i'm wondering what i should do first. We have nuke still installed, and when you login and when you try to access the forum admin it is redirecting to the nuke version, so i'll need to fix that obviously. and i'll need to uninstall nuke and install joomla next.

should i just uninstall nuke now, and then figure out the above error? and where would you go to fix the redirect error with the forum admin (ie when you go to the new forum admin cp it is taking me to the old forum admin and freaking out)

does that make sense?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

saqqaramama wrote: woo hoo thanks once again! that fixed it.

i could use a little advice though. now this forum is mostly working (the only error i've found and can't fix is that it freaks out on logout giving this message -

phpBB : Critical Error

Error obtaining user details

DEBUG MODE

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 457
File : sessions.php

Your anonymous user is missing. Using phpMyAdmin, go to your database and click the sql tab. Enter this into the sql window. Ifyour table prefix is not phpbb_, change the query to your table prefix

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_level, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_style, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_posts, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_pm, user_notify_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_rank, user_avatar, user_lang, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_notify, user_active) VALUES ( -1, 'Anonymous', 0, 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, NULL, '', '', '', 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, NULL, '', '', 0, '', '', '', 0, 0);
saqqaramama wrote: ) now i'm wondering what i should do first. We have nuke still installed, and when you login and when you try to access the forum admin it is redirecting to the nuke version, so i'll need to fix that obviously. and i'll need to uninstall nuke and install joomla next.

You need to set the server_name and script_path in the phpbb_config table. If the path to your forum is http://www.domain.tld/phpbb2, set the server_name to www.domain.tld and the script_path to /phpbb2/
If the path to your forum is just http://www.domain.tld, set the server_name to www.domain.tld and the script_path to /

saqqaramama

Post by saqqaramama »

thanks again for all your help. all fixed :)

Scordisian

Argh

Post by Scordisian »

I have an install of the latest Nuke Evo and cant use this. I get this error:

Connecting to PHP-Nuke database server...Success
Connecting to PHP-Nuke database...Success
Connecting to phpBB database server...Success
Connecting to phpBB database...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: disallow...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: categories...Failed

Query
INSERT INTO phpbb_categories (cat_id,cat_title,cat_order,cat_main,cat_desc) values ('2','General Area','10','0','')
Reason
1054: Unknown column 'cat_main' in 'field list'
I also tried this but the error remains. http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... rt+phpnuke

Any help is apreciated.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Re: Argh

Post by D¡cky »

Scordisian wrote: I have an install of the latest Nuke Evo and cant use this. I get this error:

<...snip...>
[/quote] 
The problem is because you have different MODs installed. This convertor, [url=http://personalpages.tellink.net/~rfoote/files/conv_nuke_214a.zip]convert Nuke 214a[/url] will convert your board to a plain phpBB board.
Last edited by D¡cky on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scordisian

Post by Scordisian »

Yea, I removed the additional inserts that Evo made and the script ran. But I cant see now the forums. I can see that I have the posts, but not the forums.....

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Scordisian wrote: Yea, I removed the additional inserts that Evo made and the script ran. But I cant see now the forums. I can see that I have the posts, but not the forums.....

Check the phpbb_categories table that the categories are there.
Check the phpbb_forums table that the forums link to the proper categories.
Check the forum permissions in the Administration Panel that the forums are set to viewable by all.

helloadam

Post by helloadam »

Hey,

I get this error.

====
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: categories...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: forums...Failed

Query
      INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id,cat_id,forum_name,forum_desc,forum_status,forum_order,forum_posts,forum_topics,forum_last_post_id,forum_notify,prune_next,prune_enable,auth_view,auth_read,auth_post,auth_reply,auth_edit,auth_delete,auth_sticky,auth_announce,auth_globalannounce,auth_vote,auth_pollcreate,auth_attachments,auth_download) values ('1','5','Announcements!','Find out the latest news','0','10','22','4','8238','1','','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','3','3','3','1','3','5','1')

Reason
      1054: Unknown column 'forum_notify' in 'field list'
=====
Any ideas?

Edit: If I delete fields will that cause problems or no?

Thanks,
Adam

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

helloadam wrote: Hey,

I get this error.

====
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: categories...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: forums...Failed

Query
      INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id,cat_id,forum_name,forum_desc,forum_status,forum_order,forum_posts,forum_topics,forum_last_post_id,forum_notify,prune_next,prune_enable,auth_view,auth_read,auth_post,auth_reply,auth_edit,auth_delete,auth_sticky,auth_announce,auth_globalannounce,auth_vote,auth_pollcreate,auth_attachments,auth_download) values ('1','5','Announcements!','Find out the latest news','0','10','22','4','8238','1','','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','3','3','3','1','3','5','1')

Reason
      1054: Unknown column 'forum_notify' in 'field list'
=====
Any ideas?

Edit: If I delete fields will that cause problems or no?

Thanks,
Adam

Deleting the fields will not cause a problem.

Yu can also try this convertor, conv_nuke214a.zip which ignores any fields that are not in the plain phpBB 2.0.21

tornadoheart

Post by tornadoheart »

dear,

Thank you for your great convertor

I convert my forum from phpnuke7.7 to phpBB2.0.21

Everything went great and smooth... HOWEVER when I use private messages I went in errors!!!!!! :cry:

When I sent messages I got this error

-------------------------------------------
Could not insert/update private message sent text.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional

changed tables couldn't be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id,

privmsgs_bbcode_uid, privmsgs_text) VALUES (4,

'22d6fa6e74', '[b:22d6fa6e74]

tessssssssssst[/b:22d6fa6e74]')

Line : 1312
File : privmsg.php

-----------------------------------------------
and when I check my old private messages I found errors also... this is it

-------------------------------------------------
Could not insert private message sent text

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '10' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_bbcode_uid, privmsgs_text) VALUES (10, '44e99b2c70', '[color=blue:44e99b2c70] :) ttttttttttttttttttttttt[/color:44e99b2c70][/size:44e99b2c70]')

Line : 345
File : privmsg.php

-------------------------------------------------

and when I return back from my browser and try to open the message again>> IT OPENS NORMAL >> HOWEVER it is not mine!!!!

I mean that messages got mixed... It is for another username.. It opens another user private messages instead of my private messages!!!

COULD you please help me on this error??!!

Thanks

and sorry for my bad english :oops:

espicom

Post by espicom »

The first thing to do would be to modify your config.php script, changing the database type from "mysql4" to "mysql". This will eliminate the 1196 error, by disabling the use of transaction by PHPBB... The MyISAM table type does not support them, so when PHPBB tries to roll back the transaction that caused the REAL error, it gets another... which wipes out the original error code information.

Now, the real error is what you're getting when you try to insert a message... you have bad auto_increment values for at least the privmsgs table, and it's causing an overlap when the system tries to post the text... you already have TEXT for privmsgs #10 in the privmsgs_text table, but you didn't have a privmsgs entry #10.

In Fixing "no posts exist" pagination error, there is a link to a utility DB Maintenance over on phpbbhacks.com. It might help fix this.

Since this is a conversion, I would use a tool like phpmyadmin to make sure your tables have the correct attributes for the various columns; For example, the following tables have auto_increment columns:

phpbb_groups => group_id
phpbb_banlist => ban_id
phpbb_categories => cat_id
phpbb_disallow => disallow_id
phpbb_forum_prune => prune_id
phpbb_posts => post_id
phpbb_privmsgs => privmsgs_id
phpbb_ranks => rank_id
phpbb_search_wordlist => word_id
phpbb_smilies => smilies_id
phpbb_themes => themes_id
phpbb_topics => topic_id
phpbb_vote_desc => vote_id
phpbb_words => word_id

These auto_increments values (found on the Operations tab of phpmyadmin) should be 1 greater than the highest number in their respective column. If they aren't, you'll get 1062 errors.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

tornadoheart

Post by tornadoheart »

espicom wrote: The first thing to do would be to modify your config.php script, changing the database type from "mysql4" to "mysql".

In Fixing "no posts exist" pagination error, there is a link to a utility DB Maintenance over on phpbbhacks.com. It might help fix this.

Thank you for your kind explination :o

I will try to do what you said.. and I will see if this will fix my problem.. I will tell you :roll:

Thanks again

sorry for may bad english :oops:

tornadoheart

Post by tornadoheart »

thanks espicom;

I used DB maintenance to solve my problem... and hey it works great :o

Thanks again....

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”