[SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky »

This convertor is not well written for a large database. I suggest removing the posts_text table from the conversion.

OPEN conv_nuke_214a.php

FIND

Code: Select all

$array = array("disallow","categories","posts_text", "privmsgs_text","topics_watch","words");
REPLACE WITH

$array = array("disallow","categories", "privmsgs_text","topics_watch","words");
If the convertor gets to the search tables, the conversion will have been a success. To convert the posts_text table, use phpMyAdmin to rename, or copy, the table to your phpbb_prefix_posts_text. If you used the default prefix when installing phpBB, the table name would be phpbb_posts_text.
If the conversion of the search tables does not complete, you can rebuild the tables with Rebuild Search Index.
Have you hugged someone today?
isaaclg

Post by isaaclg »

Hi.

I made the change, and now stop here:
Connecting to PHP-Nuke database server...Success
Connecting to PHP-Nuke database...Success
Connecting to phpBB database server...Success
Connecting to phpBB database...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: disallow...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: categories...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: privmsgs_text...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: topics_watch...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: words...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke configuration tables...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: auth_access...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke tables: forums...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke tables: topics...
why?

thanks for help
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

isaaclg wrote:Hi.

I made the change, and now stop <-- snip -->
why?

thanks for help
Evidently the convertor cannot handle a database as large as yours. The script grabs all the rows all at once and there are too many rows for it to handle. The script should be converting a few rows at a time.

The only suggestion I can offer at this time, is to do the conversion manually using the method described in this article, Convert PHPNuke (6.5) to PHPBB (2.0.5). For fixing the user register dates, use this, [fix]nuke/phpbb port to standalone phpbb for user_regdate instead of the method described in the article.
luvcl

Post by luvcl »

D¡cky wrote:
isaaclg wrote:Hi.

I made the change, and now stop <-- snip -->
why?

thanks for help
Evidently the convertor cannot handle a database as large as yours. The script grabs all the rows all at once and there are too many rows for it to handle. The script should be converting a few rows at a time.

The only suggestion I can offer at this time, is to do the conversion manually using the method described in this article, Convert PHPNuke (6.5) to PHPBB (2.0.5). For fixing the user register dates, use this, [fix]nuke/phpbb port to standalone phpbb for user_regdate instead of the method described in the article.
Thanks!
I finally can convert manually some first steps of this one Convert PHPNuke (6.5) to PHPBB (2.0.5) using phpBB2 newest version.! But I still got problem from the user-regdate steps ...Even I look at [fix]nuke/phpbb port to standalone phpbb for user_regdate but still don't know how. Please, show me a little bit detailed steps. I' m not good at all in this , sorry!
Thanks!
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Detailed instructions:

1) Copy the code that is in the code section. Use the code in the 4th post.
2) Paste the code into your text editor. Notepad or Wordpad are preferable.
3) Save the file with an easy-to-remember name and with the php extension, eg, fix_reg_date.php
4) Upload the file to your phpBB root directory. This is the directory that has config.php and extension.inc in it.
5) Run the file by browsing to it with your browser.

Remember to follow the instruction in the code to uncomment the lines when you are satisfied that the file is working correctly.
antyrael

Post by antyrael »

I ran into a couple problems while trying to convert/export php-nuke 7.8 to phpBB 2.0.22, I will post here exactly what I did to make the clean forums work:

1) I followed the steps taken from Neothermic (I made a couple of changes though):
1. Upload a fresh copy of PHPBB2 to the new directory, I used version 2.0.5.

2. Use PHPMyAdmin to drop the following tables in the fresh copy: {prefix}_auth-access, {prefix}_categories, {prefix}_forums, {prefix}_posts, {prefix}_posts_text, {prefix}_topics.

3. Then use PHPMyAdmin to export the above tables from the PHPNuke copy (nuke_bb*) then change the nuke_bb values to phpbb_ or whatever your prefix is and import them into the fresh copy. Be sure to choose data AND structure when exporting the original tables.

4. Now drop the table {prefix}_users from the fresh install. Then export data AND structure of the nuke_users table. Again change all the nuke_ values to phpbb_ and import it. Now you'll have to convert the regdate to unixtime, and luckily someone made a small script for it to speed things up, courtesy of msimonds:

Select all
    <?
    /*******************************************************************/
    /* Place this file in the same folder as config.php                */
    define('IN_PHPBB', true);
    $phpbb_root_path = './';
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
    $sql = "SELECT user_id, user_regdate FROM phpbb_users";
    $result = $db->sql_query($sql);
    while($record = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) {
       extract($record);
       $user_regdate = str_replace(',',' ',$user_regdate);
       $date = explode(' ',$user_regdate,3);
       switch($date[0]) {
          case('Jan'): $m=1;  break;
          case('Feb'): $m=2;  break;
          case('Mar'): $m=3;  break;
          case('Apr'): $m=4;  break;
          case('May'): $m=5;  break;
          case('Jun'): $m=6;  break;
          case('Jul'): $m=7;  break;
          case('Aug'): $m=8;  break;
          case('Sep'): $m=9;  break;
          case('Oct'): $m=10; break;
          case('Nov'): $m=11; break;
          case('Dec'): $m=12; break;
       }
       $newDate = mktime(0, 0, 0, $m, $date[1], $date[2]);
       echo $user_id.' -- '.$user_regdate.' = '.$newDate.' = '.date('m d Y',$newDate).'<br />';
    /* When you are satisfied that the code is working correctly,      */
    /* uncomment the following 2 lines and resubmit the script.        */
       //$sql = "UPDATE phpbb_users set user_regdate = $newDate where user_id = $user_id";
       //$result1 = $db->sql_query($sql);
    }
    ?>
Put this in a file (ie. convert.php)and place it in the root of your fresh phpBB install, then run it from your browser.

5. When that is done, alter the user table by deleting all fields that NOT start with user_ (except username). There are two columns missing, so issue the following commands on the fresh install to create them, otherwise you won't be able to logon to the new forum:

- ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_login_tries smallint(5) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
- ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_last_login_try int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
6. Then export DATA only of the following nuke fields: nuke_bbgroups and nuke_bbuser_groups. Again change the nuke_bb values to phpbb_ and then import them.
* This didn't work for me because there were duplicate keys, so I emptied the two tables before exporting the data again.

7. Now set the user_level of your admin in your phpbb_users table to 1.

8. Set some of your configuration options, and your done. PHPNuke can be deleted safely, but first make sure the forum works fine!
After this succesful conversion, I upgraded to the latest phpBB 3.0 installation.
Here are the steps I took:

1. Install a clean phpBB 3 in a seperate folder (in my case, phpBB 2.0.22 was installed in a folder called phpBB2, so I installed the latest phpBB version in the folder named phpBB).

2. Instead of deleting the Install folder, I chose to go to the Convert tab that shows when the installation has completed succesfully.

3. The converter asks for some info (I changed the database prefix to phpbb3_, because the other phpBB already used phpbb_ and I had to install the new phpBB 3 in the same database)

4. The convertion will complete at some point, all that is left to do is to create the search index from the admin control panel. Everything should work fine now.

Additional information can be found here
luvcl

Post by luvcl »

Finally, I can get rid of the nuke! :lol:
Thanks Dicky! Thanks to all of you here in this topic !
When converting everything was a success except it stopped at the last table search wordmatch with ... maybe because of a very large database? I guess I have to use the Rebuild search table index now? But which version is for phpBB2.0.22?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

luvcl wrote:Finally, I can get rid of the nuke! :lol:
When converting everything was a success except it stopped at the last table search wordmatch with ... maybe because of a very large database?
That is exactly the reason.
luvcl wrote:I guess I have to use the Rebuild search table index now? But which version is for phpBB2.0.22?
Use this to Rebuild Search Index.
endy2

Post by endy2 »

I get "No posts exist for this topic" for every topic after the convert... Hmm, not everyone, just the latest. Really old posts still work. Is there a solution?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

You will have to poke around in the database to try to find the reason. Using phpMyAdmin, look at the phpBB2 posts table and the phpBB2 posts_text table. Do the number of rows match the number of rows in the PHP-Nuke posts table and PHP-Nuke posts_text table?

When looking at the phpBB2 index page, does the number of posts match what you should have?
Does the number of members match what you should have?
endy2

Post by endy2 »

You're right, the posts tables where not complete. phpmyadmin from the host am moving have some wierd thing that limit the size of a table (without making a notice about it, and all the other smaller tables exists). So I had to split the posts tables in 4 files.
CeesT

Post by CeesT »

I have used the PHP-Nuke to phpBB script to convert a PHPNuke 7.8 to the latest phpBB2 version.
The script worked fine, It seems that all the posts are there, and I tried my own useraccounts/passwords, they work fine. I can read all sections and even user-groups seem to work.

The only thing is that the admin-account does not work anymore and I cannot enter the admin-panel....

I have tried the following:
1 - installed a fresh phpbb 2.0.22
2 - logged in as admin via the admin panel with new-installed adminuser/password, works fine
3 - used the convert script
4 - tried to login as admin again, but user/password is wrong

Tried this with the new user/password as entered in step 2. Also tried the admin/god account of phpnuke, but same result.

When I login with my normal (phpnuke) admin-account in the normal login-section, I can login normally, but cannot do admin tasks or reach the admin panel.
When I login with my normal (phpnuke) user-account on the admin-login page, I get "You are not authorised to administer this board".

Does this error sounds familiar to someone ?

Can I edit the database to change my normal account to admin-level, or can I manually add a new (empty) admin account. Which table ?

Or should I try this with phpBB 3.0 ?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

CeesT wrote:Can I edit the database to change my normal account to admin-level, or can I manually add a new (empty) admin account. Which table ?

You can go into the phpbb_users table and set the user_level to 1 for the person you want to be admin.
CeesT

Post by CeesT »

D¡cky wrote:
CeesT wrote:Can I edit the database to change my normal account to admin-level, or can I manually add a new (empty) admin account. Which table ?

You can go into the phpbb_users table and set the user_level to 1 for the person you want to be admin.
Thanks Dicky, that works ! :)
luvcl

Post by luvcl »

D¡cky wrote:
luvcl wrote:Finally, I can get rid of the nuke! :lol:
When converting everything was a success except it stopped at the last table search wordmatch with ... maybe because of a very large database?
That is exactly the reason.
luvcl wrote:I guess I have to use the Rebuild search table index now? But which version is for phpBB2.0.22?
Use this to Rebuild Search Index.
Done! Thanks, Dicky.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”