[SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
TOGFather

Post by TOGFather » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:44 am

FYI, I managed to get things working, haven't checked it all 100% yet but it does seem to be OK.

I got rid of those search tables in the script, still 1.2.5 even and it seemed to work OK.

Thanks Dicky!

Raston

Post by Raston » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:00 pm

Yep, it was the word search lists that caused my errors as well. Removing that and it worked fine and I seem to be fully converted.

Thanks!

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:20 am

The PHP-Nuke convertor has been updataed to Beta 1.2.9

* Removed almost all the DBAL queries to fix the database connection problem
* Moved the transferring of word search tables to the end of the script

I had a chance to test online and I had database connection problems. The connection problems have been corrected. The convertor now works fine online as well as locally.

I moved the transferring of the wordlist and wordsearch to the end of the script. I didn't get a chance to try this online, but it does work fine locally. By having the transfer at the end of the script, if the transfer should crash, at least the rest of the tables will be converted and the search tables can be transferred manually.
Have you hugged someone today?

WebTurd

Post by WebTurd » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:55 pm

HOLY CRAP!

It worked!!! I thought that I would just try it one last time and did not get my hopes up at all...I entered the db info and BOOM there it was! I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming!

I did get that wordsearch error, but everything seems to be running nice and smooth so far.

Thanks D¡cky! D¡cky for president! :D
http://www.webturd.com - More than just a pile of crap!

redTop

Thanks!

Post by redTop » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:48 pm

Thank you so very much!!

It worked like a charm. Finally got rid of that annoying and bulky phpNuke. :)

Coldfyre

Post by Coldfyre » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:39 pm

--
Last edited by Coldfyre on Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:57 pm

The convertor could be hanging while doing the search tables which is the very last operation.

Have you gone to the phpBB forums and check if the posts and members are all there?

In the convertor is a line that you can uncomment to show the queries as they are being processed. Uncommenting that line may give you an idea where the convertor is stopping.

TOGFather

Post by TOGFather » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:57 pm

Hey Dicky,

Got some new issues here, don't think they have anything to do wit your script but maybe you can point me in the right direction at least.

This time I'm converting one of my other sites, this site however is using the modded phpNuke called Nuke Platinum.
So it has like extra fields etc.

As soon as I run your script 1.29 I get the following:

Connecting to PHP-Nuke database server...Success
Connecting to PHP-Nuke database...Success
Connecting to phpBB database server...Success
Connecting to phpBB database...Success
Exporting data from PHP-Nuke table: disallow...Failed

Query
DELETE FROM BB-Convert1.phpbb_disallow

Reason
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-Convert1.phpbb_disallow' at line 1

Not sure what exactly is going wrong here.

BB-Convert1 is the actualy fresh phpBB database, not the nuke one.

TOGFather

Post by TOGFather » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:24 am

Hmm, this must be related to the script after all maybe.

I actually went back and restored my standard nuke with the latest script and get the same issue, but if I use 1.2.5 it works fine.

Regretfully 1.2.5 times out on my larger DB, 350K+ posts and 5400 members.

Even with those search tables removed.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:18 am

The problem appears to be with the hyphen in your table name. Rename the table using an underscore instead, BB_Convert1.

TOGFather

Post by TOGFather » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:58 am

Hey Dicky,

Changing that hyphen for an underscore certainly made things continue.

A few more glitches, some of them I could fix easily by simply removing the conflicting fields in certain tables that were added by the platinum mod.

ex:
ALTER TABLE `nuke_bbforums` DROP `auth_globalannounce`, DROP `auth_attachments`, DROP `events_forum`, DROP `auth_suggest_event`, DROP `is_default`, DROP `auth_download`, DROP `auth_news`;

There is a few more, I'll post em all up once finished if others migrate from nuke platinum it might be usefull for them.

However this one is of a different nature and I don't think it's related to me using platinum but rather to the single quotes that exist in certain fields.

For example, the user location, occupation, interests fields. When there are any single quotes in there the script drops out.

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's up :P'

THis comes from the following content in the interest field:
'Blowing thing's up :P', 'Watching thing''s getting blow up',

I decided to simply remove those fields thinking ppl can fill that in again, I can live with loosing those but now I even hit this snag in description fields for other functions like Moderator description.

Query
INSERT INTO BBconvert1.phpbb_groups VALUES ('37','1','Moderator_AA','Moderators for America's Army Private Forum','2','0')

Reason
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Army Private Forum','2','0')' at line 1

Is there any way to solve this quote issue because it keeps biting me?

Thanks!

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:50 pm

Convertor updated to version 1.2.11. Link is in first post.

Some fields needed to have the sql_addslashes added to them. I added the function to the user occupation, group name and group description fields and a couple of ohter fields I thought might give trouble. The user interest field already had it. I don't know why it was giving you trouble. I tried the text you posted and it went through fine for me. Let me know if you still have problems.

The script could be rewritten for Nuke Platinum so those fields do not have to be deleted. Let me know if there are tables besides forums you have to delete fields for.

TOGFather

Post by TOGFather » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:09 am

Still getting the quote issue I'm afraid

This is probably someone signature that it's strugling with:
Query
INSERT INTO BBconvert1.phpbb_users (user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd ) values ( '1332', '1', 'Rodrazor', '0dae4a923e4ae71d0a8960c6f89c3c18', '1123199858', '24', '1123151412', '1095120000', '0', '49', '10.00', '1', 'english', 'D M d, Y g:i a', '0', '0', '1121416491', '', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '1', '0', 'http://www.pigsnpoof.com/pigsrflyn/imag ... FRANGE.gif', '2', 'email', '', '', 'Sydney', '[img:bebb191e4c]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/h ... drazor.jpg[/img:bebb191e4c]', 'bebb191e4c', '', '', '', 'Legal', 'On line play, Soccer', '', '' )

Reason
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's%20Animated%20GIF%20Collection%20-%20Guns_files/FRANGE.gif', '2'' at line 78

So I ended up doing the following:

All these need to be removed due to the conflict with Platinum

ALTER TABLE `nuke_bbprivmsgs` DROP `privmsgs_attachment`;
ALTER TABLE `nuke_bbforums` DROP `auth_globalannounce`, DROP `auth_attachments`, DROP `events_forum`, DROP `auth_suggest_event`, DROP `is_default`, DROP `auth_download`, DROP `auth_news`;
ALTER TABLE `nuke_bbvote_voters` DROP `vote_cast`;

These ones were removed because of the quote issue
ALTER TABLE `nuke_users` DROP `user_avatar`, DROP `user_occ`, DROP `user_from`, DROP `user_interests`, DROP `user_sig`, DROP `user_avatar_type`;

And this time it went through, those fields just come up empty then.
But the final result was a success, everything seems to be there OK.

So if we can fix the quote issue for all those fields the script should be all OK!

And the other dropped fields are only required when running platinum.

Thanks again!

[/quote]
Last edited by TOGFather on Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:27 am

That is the url to the user's avatar that gave you trouble!

I suggest that you remove your member's email address from your post so that he doesn't get spammed.

I updated the script with the addslashes for the avatar url. The link is in the first post.

Do you have a copy of the original unaltered database? Can you run a test to see if the script works now, or send me a copy of the database so I can run a test?

TOGFather

Post by TOGFather » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:08 am

Ta, I'll run it through my DB again, it's a 533MB database so it takes almost 2 hrs to go through it on my 700Mhz linux box but I'll let you know!

Cheers

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”