[SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
luvcl
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by luvcl » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 pm

After succesful conversion I added some mods then updated to the latest version: working fine!
But just got a new problem: user didn't receive email to activate his account! I tried to register as a new member to see what's going on and found out the visual confirmation is only the X instead of the numbers and letters for user in order to complete registration. Also the drop out box to choose default language in ACP is blank ! What did I do wrong ? Please, help me step by step to fix these problems as I am a newbie in this area. Thanks a lot!

User avatar
ric323
Former Team Member
Posts: 22908
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:33 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Name: Ric
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by ric323 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:57 pm

luvcl wrote:After succesful conversion I added some mods then updated to the latest version: working fine!
But just got a new problem: user didn't receive email to activate his account! I tried to register as a new member to see what's going on and found out the visual confirmation is only the X instead of the numbers and letters for user in order to complete registration. Also the drop out box to choose default language in ACP is blank ! What did I do wrong ? Please, help me step by step to fix these problems as I am a newbie in this area. Thanks a lot!
The missing visual confirmation is nothing to do with the conversion.
If you are on a free web host, their ads can interfere with the image generation.
Otherwise, if you are on your own server, you may not hve the required graphics package installed.
Anyway, the standard Visual Confirmation is pointless, the Bots can read it now. Read the "Preventing SPAM" topic in the Support Forum for better ways to stop them.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the language selection problem. Is the english language folder present on your server? ( ./language/lang_english )
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:27 pm

luvcl wrote:After succesful conversion I added some mods then updated to the latest version: working fine!
But just got a new problem: user didn't receive email to activate his account! I tried to register as a new member to see what's going on and found out the visual confirmation is only the X instead of the numbers and letters for user in order to complete registration. Also the drop out box to choose default language in ACP is blank ! What did I do wrong ? Please, help me step by step to fix these problems as I am a newbie in this area. Thanks a lot!
What MODs did you install? If they modified lang_main.php, usercp_register.php or profile_add_body.tpl, you may have made a mistake in editing one of those files. If you have backups of those files, you could try uploading them just to see if things work. Make sure you have backups of your edited files so you don't lose them when uploading.
Have you hugged someone today?

luvcl
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by luvcl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:01 am

Yes, ric323 , I have more than 1 language .
You're right Dicky , I made the mistake in editing!
See what i got when looking up an user in ACP :
" Fatal error: Call to undefined function bday_month_select() ... admin/admin_users.php on line 1113 ""

Please, show, me how to bring ACP back to normal. Thanks.

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:16 am

luvcl wrote:See what i got when looking up an user in ACP :
" Fatal error: Call to undefined function bday_month_select() ... admin/admin_users.php on line 1113 ""

Please, show, me how to bring ACP back to normal. Thanks.
"Call to undefined function bday_month_select()" means that the function is missing. Depending on the birthday MOD you installed, you either didn't edit the functions file or you didn't copy the functions file that comes with the MOD.
Have you hugged someone today?

isaaclg
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:01 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by isaaclg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 am

Hi.

I convert my nuke for phpbb2.
But, in my admin panel, of nuke, the database zise is 900 MB. In phpbb2, database size is 400 MB
Why?

Thanks

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:31 pm

The most likely reason is that phpBB2 does not use as many tables as PHP-Nuke does.

Did the search index get created on phpBB2?

The best way for you to find the reason, is to look at both databases and compare them to see what the difference is.
Have you hugged someone today?

isaaclg
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:01 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by isaaclg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:48 pm

I have compared the 2 db and everything seems right.
Did the search index get created on phpBB2?
What is this?


Thanks!

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:26 pm

The search index is what contains all the words of your posts and enables you to search your board's posts. It is held in the phpBB2 search_wordmatch and search_wordlist tables. These two tables usually make up half of the database size.

Sometimes when converting a board as large as yours, the transfer of the search tables fails. If this does fail, you need to rebuild the search index using this tool, Rebuild Search Index.
Have you hugged someone today?

luvcl
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by luvcl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:10 pm

D¡cky wrote:
luvcl wrote:See what i got when looking up an user in ACP :
" Fatal error: Call to undefined function bday_month_select() ... admin/admin_users.php on line 1113 ""

Please, show, me how to bring ACP back to normal. Thanks.
"Call to undefined function bday_month_select()" means that the function is missing. Depending on the birthday MOD you installed, you either didn't edit the functions file or you didn't copy the functions file that comes with the MOD.
Thanks, Dicky! I don't know why that one is missing - fixed: seems OK. But now all new registered users have the joined date : 31 Dec 1969 ! :shock: also they are all yellow ( admin) ! :roll: Please, help! Thanks!

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:24 pm

luvcl wrote:Thanks, Dicky! I don't know why that one is missing - fixed: seems OK. But now all new registered users have the joined date : 31 Dec 1969 ! :shock: also they are all yellow ( admin) ! :roll: Please, help! Thanks!
For the Admin problem, go to your database using phpMyAdmin
Click the sql tab
Insert this into the window. If you table prefix is not phpbb_, change it to your table prefix. Substitute your user_id for the xx in user_id != xx

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_level = 0 WHERE user_id != xx;
For the register date, did you convert from PHP-Nuke or a fork of PHP-Nuke? Your nuke board may have a different date format than what the script expects. Would you look at the nuke users table and tell me what the user_join date looks like?
Have you hugged someone today?

luvcl
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by luvcl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:28 am

D¡cky wrote:
luvcl wrote:Thanks, Dicky! I don't know why that one is missing - fixed: seems OK. But now all new registered users have the joined date : 31 Dec 1969 ! :shock: also they are all yellow ( admin) ! :roll: Please, help! Thanks!
For the Admin problem, go to your database using phpMyAdmin
Click the sql tab
Insert this into the window. If you table prefix is not phpbb_, change it to your table prefix. Substitute your user_id for the xx in user_id != xx

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_level = 0 WHERE user_id != xx;
For the register date, did you convert from PHP-Nuke or a fork of PHP-Nuke? Your nuke board may have a different date format than what the script expects. Would you look at the nuke users table and tell me what the user_join date looks like?
Can you clarify xx that means ? -
I deleted all phpnuke after conversion looking good for 1 month- Updated to phpBB2.0.23 . It just happened recently with a lot of problems for missing function....... of the Mod.... REG date and ADM....
Please, show me step by step to fix these problems. Thanks a lot!

luvcl
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by luvcl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:34 am

Dicky,
The reg date 31 DEc 1969 is for only new members just registered . Old members converted from phpnuke is still good!

User avatar
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Posts: 11812
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Name: Richard Foote
Contact:

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by D¡cky » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:09 am

luvcl,

Your problems have nothing to do with the conversion, so you should not be posting in the convertor topic. You should be posting in the 2.0.x support forum.

I can't tell you here how to fix your problem as it is off-topic, but I can give you an idea where to look. Your problem is in usercp_register.php. I have seen this happen many times where this file has been modified. The values get edited wrong and funny things happen when people register, like getting admin status. You need to fix your usercp_register.php file so when people register, the correct values are inserted into the database.
Have you hugged someone today?

luvcl
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: [SUPPORT] PHP-Nuke to phpBB

Post by luvcl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:03 pm

D¡cky wrote:
luvcl wrote:Thanks, Dicky! I don't know why that one is missing - fixed: seems OK. But now all new registered users have the joined date : 31 Dec 1969 ! :shock: also they are all yellow ( admin) ! :roll: Please, help! Thanks!
For the Admin problem, go to your database using phpMyAdmin
Click the sql tab
Insert this into the window. If you table prefix is not phpbb_, change it to your table prefix. Substitute your user_id for the xx in user_id != xx

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_level = 0 WHERE user_id != xx;
I insert

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_level = 0 WHERE user_id != 2;
and now I can sign in as a regular member not as an admin. I cannot see " go to ACP" in the bottom anymore :cry: . Please,please help me to get back my admin status.

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron