[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Klient

Post by Klient »

Cool... I'm planning on doing my final conversion this weekend, but guess I can hold off until them.

BTW - what about the usernames? It still seems to convert everyone's username to my screen-name... yet the posts in the forums will have their individual usernames?!
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Thanks to Dicky, the linebreak problem should now be fixed.

Klient, please be sure you understand that I have said over and over again that this converter should NOT be used in a live environment, so if you decide to make your conversion final, you'll have to do so at your own risk. I just dont want you to end up possibly catching a bad error that could destroy your forum, which is why this converter is still in it's Beta phase rather than RC phase.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
Klient

Post by Klient »

Yeah that's fine... it's easy enough for me to copy the database out into another database and convert from that. I did it once, can do it again. :P
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Klient, be sure to download the new converter and run it to fix the \n problem.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
V-Max

Post by V-Max »

Finally, this works great!!! Thanks for the good work. Now I can finally get rid of SMF!

Greetings Patrick
Klient

Post by Klient »

dowload link is dead.

Anyone got it hosted somewhere I can just pinch from?!?! (the smf converter part)
John Regan

Post by John Regan »

V-Max wrote: Finally, this works great!!! Thanks for the good work. Now I can finally get rid of SMF!

Blasphemy!
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

link works just fine for me, server might have gone out temporarily
Klient

Post by Klient »

I downloaded the original fine (before latest update) but since then - - it just sits there trying to connect...
Klient

Post by Klient »

I can't even access it from three different proxy websites....
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Klient wrote: I can't even access it from three different proxy websites....

I managed to grab it for you.

Convert smf

My server has bandwidth limits and when this limit is exceeded, you will get a "page not found" error, so keep trying.
Have you hugged someone today?
Klient

Post by Klient »

Thanks Dicky

Looks like there is an issue with my ISP - some other people can't access certain pages - yet they can access it from other locations (still in the same ISP)
Twistey

Post by Twistey »

will there come a converter for 1.1?
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Only when an official version is released. NO converter will be released for Beta versions however.
crank0r

Post by crank0r »

thanks for the hard work, but im having similar problems that others earlier in this thread had, but no fix was ever offered, here is my problem...

smf 1.0.2 - clean install with a db backup
phpbb2.0.17 - clean install
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
PHP version 4.3.10

basicly everything seemed to transfer in but the users, even the posts are in the db, although they arent displaying in the forum, here is the forum so you can see it...

http://www.crank0r.com/phpbbsmf/
and smf is at
http://www.crank0r.com/pnsmf/

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”