[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
sxwk12

Post by sxwk12 »

Can someone tell me why you would have a converter that can't take the users with it? Is there anything that can take the users? I have smf 1.1 RC 1. When will there be a converter for this?

I REALLY need a converter for this. My smf board is not working up to par. Some of my users can't even post because it says something about their session timing out.

Someone please come out with a new converter.

thanks,
sxwk12
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

#1: The user problem is an error, not a decided idea, so next time, read about the converter BEFORE making an unnecessary, irresponsible comment.

#2: There will be, and I repeat this for the 100th time, NO CONVERTER FOR BETA VERSIONS. Please stop asking me for this, the answer is no, it is unstandard and illogical.

Now i do apologize for sounding so frustrated, but yall have GOT to quit making demanding comments, condesending questions, and previously answered requests.

I am doing my best with the time i have available, and I hope you can all respect me and my efforts with this.

Thanks,
Slapshot434
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
idburns

Post by idburns »

crank0r wrote: thanks for the hard work, but im having similar problems that others earlier in this thread had, but no fix was ever offered, here is my problem...

smf 1.0.2 - clean install with a db backup
phpbb2.0.17 - clean install
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
PHP version 4.3.10

basicly everything seemed to transfer in but the users, even the posts are in the db, although they arent displaying in the forum, here is the forum so you can see it...

http://www.crank0r.com/phpbbsmf/
and smf is at
http://www.crank0r.com/pnsmf/

That's the same thing that happened to me...

http://www.mong.tv/phpBB/
]
Mike_PL

Post by Mike_PL »

Why users' passwords not convert? ;(
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

That was explained on the very first page...
SlapShot434 wrote: Sorry guys, but that's simply not going to happen. The smf passwords are salted (the username is randomly added to the password itself), and then hashed using md5, a one-way encryption. There is simply no way to just unhash the password.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
crank0r

Post by crank0r »

idburns wrote:
crank0r wrote:thanks for the hard work, but im having similar problems that others earlier in this thread had, but no fix was ever offered, here is my problem...

smf 1.0.2 - clean install with a db backup
phpbb2.0.17 - clean install
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
PHP version 4.3.10

basicly everything seemed to transfer in but the users, even the posts are in the db, although they arent displaying in the forum, here is the forum so you can see it...

http://www.crank0r.com/phpbbsmf/
and smf is at
http://www.crank0r.com/pnsmf/

That's the same thing that happened to me...

http://www.mong.tv/phpBB/

Slapshot, i do greatly appreciate your hard work, but all through this thread people have complained about this issue, myself including, no fix was ever given, no possibly solution ever proposed. Can you PLEASE RESPOND to MY post... I'm not demanding im simply asking for you to respond, and the bold text is just so the post doesnt get overlooked again, tia...
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

I have found a problem with the convertor which should take care of the user issue. I am trying to get in contact with Slapshot to correct the problems. Hopefully, the user issue will be recitfied shortly.
Have you hugged someone today?
crank0r

Post by crank0r »

thanks dicky, im looking forward to any progress you or slapshot can make on this issue....tia
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

I also appreciate Dicky's effort. As users of this Beta code, each and every one of you are responsible for attempting to find the bugs in the code. If I already knew where they were, I would have fixed them. Just telling me it doesnt work does neither you nor me any good. It is your job to help find the exact problems and let me know about it.
idburns

Post by idburns »

SlapShot434 wrote: Just telling me it doesnt work does neither you nor me any good. It is your job to help find the exact problems and let me know about it.

I hope that isn't in reference to my post above...
]
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

o no, its referring to some of the many pages of this topic that have been filled with useless posts saying simple things such as "why doesnt it work...", or "my users dont convert", and thats it. You on the other hand provided me with other information regarding your senerio, which i appreciate.
crank0r

Post by crank0r »

well i looked at the code, and i know it says right in it that its for smf 1.0.x and phpbb 2.0.17 but using these 2 db's the usertables arent properly arranged labeled in the script. Its missing numerous catagories from the phpbb table, and a few are out of order. Now I dunno how this works exactly like if you dont specify it does it just go in blank ? I tried adding the missing catagories to the script but it still didnt move in the users. The db's I was using were from phpbb 2.0.17 and smf 1.0.2. there are the 1's i found missing
array('user_style', 1, ''),
array('user_session_time', 0, ''),
array('user_session_page', 0, ''),
array('user_emailtime', '', ''),
array('user_occ', '', ''),
array('user_interests', '', ''),
array('user_actkey', '', ''),
array('user_newpasswd', '', ''),

those prolly wont display properly but I think thats it that was missing, I added these to both places that all the user_ tables were in the script...is there something i did wrong or am missing ?
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

The converter does not require all of the fields, as SQL will automatically assign a NULL value if there is no data. Those fields have no conversion value, so they are left out. In addition, the order makes no difference as it is simply an array.
crank0r

Post by crank0r »

o well it was worth a shot, ill look into it again later i guess :( or just wait for dicky ...
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

I'm still working on testing the code in a variety of manners to see if i can reproduce the error. As with before when I first started working on this converter, if anyone who had already experienced the user conversion error could please send me a full dump of their forum database, I'd appreciate it.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”