[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jeremybailey

Post by jeremybailey » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:09 am

Hi, hope yous dont mind, however i need a wee bit of help, i have followed most things throw correctly i think, however i still get the error message
"Could not find path to your former forum. Please check your settings and try again"

does the convertor work accross different domain names, for example,
my smf sits at portal.vauxhallworld.co.uk the new phpbb install is sitting at vauxhallworld.co.uk/forum/

both are one the same hosting directory, plus the same mysql database.

i am lost? please help. Thanks in advance! Cheers bye! - P.s Happy new year! 8)

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:46 am

I would assume portal. is actually root_path/portal, as a subdomain AND sumdirectory, so you should probably try using /portal in the path.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

idburns

Post by idburns » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:48 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: idburns, if you can get me that dump early tomorrow, I may have a chance to look at this monday, otherwise I wont be able to do anything with it until after the 23rd.

Slash..I'm real sorry I haven't gotten anything to you yet. Now that the holidays are over I should have more time to devote to working on this.
]

ssid

Post by ssid » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:26 pm

Just a quick question. I was just about to hand write a conversion script for a client to do this conversion, when I found this thread.

Lucky for me, and thanks be to google :)

In anycase, I have downloaded the "Common UCS" however, I have not found "convert_smf.php". I did not see it on the downloads page.

Where can I download this script?

Thanks in advance.

ssid.

ssid

Post by ssid » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:34 pm

silly me.

I found it.

heh, it was on the first page of this topic...

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

idburns

Post by idburns » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:30 pm

Keep in mind there are still bugs with it and it's still in beta.
]

D-Toxx

Post by D-Toxx » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:05 am

I used the convertor last night and at first everything appeared to be perfect. As I was attempting to set group permissions I received the following error message

ould not obtain moderator status

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND aa.group_id = ug.group_id AND aa.auth_mod = 1

SELECT ug.user_id, COUNT(auth_mod) AS is_auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access aa, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id IN () AND aa.group_id = ug.group_id AND aa.auth_mod = 1 GROUP BY ug.user_id

Line : 532
File : admin_ug_auth.php

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and a huge thanks to SlapShot for creating this convertor.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:32 am

Every user needs to have a group id. Check the phpbb_user_group table to see if that user has a group id. If missing, run this script
Have you hugged someone today?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:01 am

I belive thats actually not the problem; the problem seems to be that no group moderator has been set, even though it should have set the main administrator as such. Check in your groups table to see if this is indeed the case.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

idburns

Post by idburns » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm

Well slash I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that I can't replicate my problem.

The good news is, from what I can tell, my forums converted successfully.

I'm still testing and will update you shortly.
]

idburns

Post by idburns » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:38 am

Ok, well I found a problem.

All my users, posts, threads, etc have been properly converted. My problem is that new users can't register. Whenever I try to register a new user I get an error that the username is not allowed. I have checked my "not allowed" name list and none of the names I'm trying to use are in the list.

Any ideas?
]

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 am

whats the "Enable account activation" value set to in your config page?

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:01 am

Do you have an anonymous user with an id of -1. If not, run this query

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_level, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_style, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_posts, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_pm, user_notify_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_rank, user_avatar, user_lang, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_notify, user_active) VALUES ( -1, 'Anonymous', 0, 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, NULL, '', '', '', 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, NULL, '', '', 0, '', '', '', 0, 0);
Oops! Excuse me. Second thought. A disallowed name usually means that you have a blank entry in the phpbb_words table. Check the table using phpMyAdmin to see what entries you have.
Have you hugged someone today?

idburns

Post by idburns » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:27 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: whats the "Enable account activation" value set to in your config page?

It's set to "user". I've tried moving the value around in hopes of unlocking it but no dice.
]

idburns

Post by idburns » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:52 pm

D¡cky wrote: Do you have an anonymous user with an id of -1. If not, run this query

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_level, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_style, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_posts, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_pm, user_notify_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_rank, user_avatar, user_lang, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_notify, user_active) VALUES ( -1, 'Anonymous', 0, 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, NULL, '', '', '', 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, NULL, '', '', 0, '', '', '', 0, 0);

I do have a user "anonymous" with a user_id value of -1.
D¡cky wrote: Oops! Excuse me. Second thought. A disallowed name usually means that you have a blank entry in the phpbb_words table. Check the table using phpMyAdmin to see what entries you have.

I can't browse the phpbb_words table in phpMyAdmin...I'm guessing because it's empty.
]

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”