[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:49 am

Sry guys, my host is having some problems, should be back up and running pretty soon
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

Shwat

Post by Shwat » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Hmm.. Just wondering, but is there supposed to be a password on the UCS zip file? If so, can someone send me it?

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:01 pm

Shwat wrote: Hmm.. Just wondering, but is there supposed to be a password on the UCS zip file? If so, can someone send me it?

There is not a password on the UCS zip file. Your download is corrupted. Try selecting a different mirror.
Have you hugged someone today?

Shwat

Post by Shwat » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:16 pm

Ok... Got it uploaded and working etc.

Except when I try to convert, I get a message saying "Could not find path to your former forum. Please check your settings and try again"

As far as I know, the paths are correct. Can anyone help/do it for me please? :(

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:36 pm

Shwat wrote: Ok... Got it uploaded and working etc.

Except when I try to convert, I get a message saying "Could not find path to your former forum. Please check your settings and try again"

As far as I know, the paths are correct. Can anyone help/do it for me please? :(

What are the addresses to your forums?

If the address to the smf forum is www.domain.tld
and the address to the phpBB forum is www.domain.tld/phpBB2

Enter www.domain.tld in forum address
and ../ in relative path. Relative path is the path to the smf forum from the phpBB forum.

Shwat

Post by Shwat » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:37 pm

Ok...

http://clonewars.starwars-tidesofwar.co.uk is on my old server and I want to move it to http://forumsoft.net/clonewars on my new server. Is that possible?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:02 pm

Yes, but it takes a few more steps. First, you will need to install your smf forum (with a full export of your smf database tables) on the same server you wish to the phpbb version. Then run the converter as you otherwise would using the new path.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

Shwat

Post by Shwat » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:57 am

Sorry for bugging you/being noobish, however...

Ive installed phpBB on my old server (phpBB is easier to transfer than SMF) and I am going to convert it on the old server, and then move the phpBB forum. I dont understand what the relative path part means, can you tell me what I put in there?

Shwat

Post by Shwat » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:01 pm

Ok... After some toying around with it, I have encountered a new error.

Code: Select all

No tables found. Please check your table prefix and try again.

The default table prefix for SMF 1.0.x is smf_
Ive checked on my SMF forum, and the table is called smf_, so this has confussled me a bit more. Any ideas?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:02 am

are both forums installed on the same database? They will need to be. The relative path is basically the directory path from the root folder. In other words, its the entire path of the folder you see when you use ftp. For instance, the relative path for the phpbb forums on this website would be "/phpBB/", and the absolute path would be "http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/"

Space_Cadet

Post by Space_Cadet » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks. My forum currently uses 1.07 so I hope it will work. My only qualm is the password issue. So are the passwords automatically reset for all?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Space_Cadet wrote: Thanks. My forum currently uses 1.07 so I hope it will work. My only qualm is the password issue. So are the passwords automatically reset for all?

Yes, the passwords are changed for everyone.

I have modified the convertor so that the same passwords can be used. It does require that you modify login.php also. You can get my convertor here, smf 1.0.x convertor

Space_Cadet

Post by Space_Cadet » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:02 pm

Thanks Dicky. Is there anything i should watch out for in terms of possible errors?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:41 pm

Nothing that I can think of.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:03 pm

The main reason my version resets all passwords is because there is no possible way to convert smf passwords to phpbb passwords. Therefore, in order to make things as simple as possible, all passwords (except for the main user who's password is set by the person installing the converter) are reset, allowing the new users to assign their own passwords without the person installing the converter having to edit phpbb code.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”