[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
s7ilg4r

Post by s7ilg4r »

Dang it, my fellow admin switched the version from 1.0.x to 1.1 so I can't really switch now.

Great job on this, Slapshot! How I wish it works for SMF 1.1b3 too... :cry:
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

ozzyozzyozzy wrote: I dont know if you're aware of this or not but there's a problem with the usergroups. For some reason when I click the usergroups button I get a SQL error. Could be just a problem with my own forum though. Anyone else try the conversion and get this problem?

can you post the error?
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
xziyangx

Post by xziyangx »

i wonder if theres any step by step help in how to convert the whole things.
coz im new in this and i do not noe how to even load a script.
Do u have a MSN or do u go on MIRC ?
so it will be easier to talk =D
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Use the readme file found with the UCS Common files
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
xziyangx

Post by xziyangx »

im sorry. but where is the UCS common files?
sorry.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

look at the first post, theres a link
xziyangx

Post by xziyangx »

but i get lost when im in my cpanel.
always i went to site cpanel and click on file management.
wanted to upload file but i have to slowly upload 1 file by 1 file at a time.
i've read the phpBB userguide but i still cant get any help.
im noob at this >.<~
Mynx

Link down ?

Post by Mynx »

Could it be that the download link to the converter is down ?
SlapShot434

Re: Link down ?

Post by SlapShot434 »

Mynx wrote: Could it be that the download link to the converter is down ?

Shouldnt be, I've been doing some heavy editing on a different directory, but noothing I'm doing should affect it. Refresh the page and try again.
ozzyozzyozzy

Post by ozzyozzyozzy »

SlapShot434 wrote:
ozzyozzyozzy wrote:I dont know if you're aware of this or not but there's a problem with the usergroups. For some reason when I click the usergroups button I get a SQL error. Could be just a problem with my own forum though. Anyone else try the conversion and get this problem?

can you post the error?

The error is as follows

"Error getting user list for group

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER BY u.username' at line 7

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_viewemail, u.user_posts, u.user_regdate, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_msnm, ug.user_pending FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.group_id = 74 AND u.user_id = ug.user_id AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND ug.user_id <> ORDER BY u.username

Line : 786
File : groupcp.php"
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Looks like the code is not correctly setting a goup moderator to me.

You should be able to set one via the groups management section of the ACP for now
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

I think i know what the problem is. The group moderator is being set to the user_id 2 for each group, however the actual user_id 2 is not a member of that group. Give me a a little while to fix this.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Link on first post updated, please download the new file and reconvert
rayisl33t

Post by rayisl33t »

Well I tried it out but when I'm at the converter screen, where it asks for the table prefix, I put "smf_" which IS the table prefix. It says it's not and it's pissing me off.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

exactly what is the error you get?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”