[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
sbole04

Post by sbole04 »

A little help pls, everytime I hit the convert button after all the info in filled in, it comes up and says that there where no tables found starting with smf_ but when i goto the setup page for my smf forums that is what it says and the table perfix, and smf did not install a db on my server, or none that i could find, i believe it is using a remote db

the you the truth i don't care much for the posts just need that memberslist transfered
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

When doing the smf to phpbb conversion, phpbb tables and smf tables have to be in the same database.
So....install phpBB on the same server as smf and use the smf database name, smf database user and smf database password.
Have you hugged someone today?
sbole04

Post by sbole04 »

Ok, when I installed the SMF it didn't create a db on my server, which is the same server that the PHPBB is on, and PHPBB has it db.

So that means that I have to move the PHPBB to the SMF folder on my server and then run the convertor? Since SMF did not installl a db or create one.

** Problem fix after talking to the support team over at SMF, there db was hosted on their end, they were not forsure the reasoning, but it was.
aussiewal

Post by aussiewal »

Hi

Hope someone can help me.

Trying to convert my data from smf to phpbb and getting the following error, have no idea what it means, any advice would be appreciated:

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1' at line 3

SELECT messages.ID_MSG, messages.subject, messages.body FROM smf_messages messages LIMIT 3300, -1

Line : 711
File : index.php

It has converted the structure, and has correct post numbers but the structure has no data.

I am not a php programmer and would appreciate any help I can get as I need to get this converted in the next few days.

Will
aussiewal

Post by aussiewal »

aussiewal wrote: Hi

Trying to convert my data from smf to phpbb and getting the following error, have no idea what it means, any advice would be appreciated:

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1' at line 3

SELECT messages.ID_MSG, messages.subject, messages.body FROM smf_messages messages LIMIT 3300, -1

It has converted the structure, and has correct post numbers but the structure has no data.

I am not a php programmer and would appreciate any help I can get as I need to get this converted in the next few days.

Will

OK, finally converted my smf board over to phpbb but have a few problems.

1. The quotes didn't convert over
2. the avatars are all screwed up
3. I get pages like this:

http://www.ynai.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

I have fumbled my way through this far, as I'm not a php programmer but any help would be appreciated.

Will
aussiewal

Post by aussiewal »

aussiewal wrote:
aussiewal wrote:Hi

Will

OK, finally converted my smf board over to phpbb but have a few problems.

1. The quotes didn't convert over
2. the avatars are all screwed up
3. I get pages like this:

http://www.ynai.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

I have fumbled my way through this far, as I'm not a php programmer but any help would be appreciated.

Will

OK, All sorted now except for the Usergroups and Avatars.

Will

OK, All sorted now except for User Groups errors, anyone managed to get this problem sorted with user groups?

Will
wobo

Post by wobo »

Long time has gone since I planned to convert my SMF1.1RC2 into phpBB2 (see SMF 1.1RC2 converter). Now is the time but I'm a little bit confused:

1. In this thread here you say that the converter works only with SMF 1.0.x. Then which converter did you mean in the thread I mentioned above? This same one or some other converter?

2. Will this converter work with phpBB3? If not, have you planned on upgrading the converter to work with phpBB3? If so, is there any estimation for release?

3. As I see on the download page the converter (convert_smf.zip) is still in Beta stage, unchanged since 10/3/2005 according to the changelog. Is that correct?

wobo
ivirtua
I've Been Banned!

Post by ivirtua »

Does this work withSMF 1.1 RC3
If not how can I get it to work.
wobo

Post by wobo »

An inquiry on the SMF forum shows that downgrading an SMF1.1RC1/2/3 to SMF 1.0.x is not possible (because of different database structures), so to be able to change to phpBB really depends on the ability of this converter to convert SMF 1.1RC1/2/3.

wobo
jiapei100

Post by jiapei100 »

Still waiting for the version that the SMF password will work with phpBB2 as well.

Can you solve that problem?

Cheers
JIA Pei
Welcome to Vision Open

http://www.visionopen.com
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

jiapei100 wrote: Still waiting for the version that the SMF password will work with phpBB2 as well.

Cheers
JIA Pei

What version of SMF? Since this is a SMF 1.0.x thread, there is a login MOD included with smf 1.0.x convertor
wobo

Post by wobo »

May I bring this posting of Dec 13 to your attention again:
Long time has gone since I planned to convert my SMF1.1RC2 into phpBB2 (see SMF 1.1RC2 converter). Now is the time but I'm a little bit confused:

1. In this thread here you say that the converter works only with SMF 1.0.x. Then which converter did you mean in the thread I mentioned above? This same one or some other converter?

2. Will this converter work with phpBB3? If not, have you planned on upgrading the converter to work with phpBB3? If so, is there any estimation for release?

3. As I see on the download page the converter (convert_smf.zip) is still in Beta stage, unchanged since 10/3/2005 according to the changelog. Is that correct?

Thx

wobo
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

The convertor for SMF 1.1 RC2 is smf 1.1 RC2 convertor
There are no plans at this time for a convertor for SMF to phpBB3. There will be a convertor for phpBB2 to phpBB3, so you can do SMF to phpBB2 to phBB3, if necessary.
wobo

Post by wobo »

Thanks for this information, I must have overlooked the announcement for the smf 1.1RC2 converter.

wobo
jiapei100

Post by jiapei100 »

D¡cky wrote:
jiapei100 wrote:Still waiting for the version that the SMF password will work with phpBB2 as well.

Cheers
JIA Pei

What version of SMF? Since this is a SMF 1.0.x thread, there is a login MOD included with smf 1.0.x convertor

I'm using SMF 1.1, not SMF 1.0x, and not the RC2, not RC3...

Cheers
Welcome to Vision Open

http://www.visionopen.com

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”