[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:15 am

I just came across a quote problem with a convertor I am working on. If you have a closing quote tag and the opening tag is not formatted correctly, you will get the problem as described by Pablasso
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 87#1732687

You need to look in the phpBB database to see where the problem is. Looking at the page source tells you nothing.
Have you hugged someone today?

ravijo

Post by ravijo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:07 pm

error:

"No tables found. Please check your table prefix and try again.

The default table prefix for SMF 1.0.x is smf_"

this happens after the .sql table is named properly "smf_X-X.sql"

I wonder if I have put all the info in properly, maybe someone could give me a mock up of a typical convert form filled in properly?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:39 pm

I know i seem like a broken tape recorder repeating this so many times, but have you installed the phpbb on the exact same database as the smf forum?
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:13 pm

ravijo wrote: this happens after the .sql table is named properly "smf_X-X.sql"

sql table? What does that mean?

smf_X-X.sql is a very odd name for a table. If X-X is your database name, I have seen hyphens in database names cause problems.
Have you hugged someone today?

ravijo

Post by ravijo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:27 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: I know i seem like a broken tape recorder repeating this so many times, but have you installed the phpbb on the exact same database as the smf forum?

I'm not sure to be honest. If you are repeating something that I didn't read, you can link to some thread.

I'll tell you what I've done:

1) created a new installation of phpbb in a directory apart from smf on the same server.
2) uploaded the universal converter thing with the smf>phpbb converter in the right subfolder of that.
3) typed in smf_ for the prefix, http://_________.ca/forum/ for the OLD SMF forum url, and ../forums/ for the new PHPBB forum.
4) clicked that box with the SMF 1.0.X, and then convert.

that's when I got the perplexing error.

Thanks for the continuing help!

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:04 pm

ravijo wrote:
SlapShot434 wrote:I know i seem like a broken tape recorder repeating this so many times, but have you installed the phpbb on the exact same database as the smf forum?

I'm not sure to be honest. If you are repeating something that I didn't read, you can link to some thread.

I'll tell you what I've done:

1) created a new installation of phpbb in a directory apart from smf on the same server.
2) uploaded the universal converter thing with the smf>phpbb converter in the right subfolder of that.
3) typed in smf_ for the prefix, http://_________.ca/forum/ for the OLD SMF forum url, and ../forums/ for the new PHPBB forum.
4) clicked that box with the SMF 1.0.X, and then convert.

that's when I got the perplexing error.

Thanks for the continuing help!

Ok, already i see a couple of errors with your steps.

First off, when you install the blank phpbb forum, be sure to use the same database as the smf forum. Second, on step 3, the path needs to go the smf forum, not the phpbb forum. Since the converter is IN the phpbb folder, theres no need to supply the path to it. What it needs instead is the path to the smf folder.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

idburns

Post by idburns » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:00 pm

idburns wrote:
SlapShot434 wrote:yes, the path needs to go to your smf forum, NOT the phpbb forum

Ok.

I have installed phpBB right alongside the smf forum (http://www.mong.tv/smf and http://www.mong.tv/phpBB) so my path should be "../smf/" correct? I'm still getting the timeout error.

Do'h... Even though I've been getting the page not found error it looks like some of the database has been converted. My phpBB install is showing the forum names and thread/post counts and the member groups are there. The forums security even looks like it got transfered correctly since guests only see the news forum.

But it has not moved the members over and it looks like the actual threads and posts have not moved either.

Ideas?

Can I get someone to comment on this?
]

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:58 pm

I need as much information as you can give me about your situation (versions, mods, history, etc...)

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:23 pm

I have released version 1.0 BETA 5. This version should fix template breaking due to unclosed quote tags. I havent tested this change myself, so please do not be alarmed if it does not work correctly. Please see the first post for the new file.

idburns

Post by idburns » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:08 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: I need as much information as you can give me about your situation (versions, mods, history, etc...)

As I said in a post a few up from my last one:
smf = 1.0.5
phpBB = 2.0.17
MySQL = 4.0.25
PHP = 4.3.10

I have duplicated my smf database to a new one for the conversion, and installed the phpBB database to it. The only forum I have using this new database is the phpBB, my SMF forums is pointing to it's original database.

No mods are installed on either forum, but the smf has a few different themes installed. Otherwise they are both vanilla installs.

I corrected the path to my smf forums as you mentioned so it's partially working but is not completing the conversion.
]

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:16 pm

The type of information i need is debugging info, such as where EXACTLY errors are occuring, exactly which features are bugged, what steps it gets to, etc

idburns

Post by idburns » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:35 am

I complete the 3 fields and click "convert".
On the next screen I click the link to continue.
The page sits there for about 10 seconds and then I get a "page not found" error. This is in Internet Explorer.
In Firefox it just sits there and does nothing.

The result is I get security groups, and forums successfully moved to the phpBB forums. The thread and post counts get moved succcessfully but the users, threads and posts do not get moved.

The only user the fresh phpBB forum had was myself (hostile) which was created when the forums was installed. This user also exists as an admin in the smf forums.

What other info can I give you?
]

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:57 am

Hmm, try the following, it may help, but IM not positive:

OPEN:
convert/index.php

FIND:

Code: Select all

$phpbb_root_path = './../';
REPLACE WITH:

Code: Select all

$phpbb_root_path = '../';

idburns

Post by idburns » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:54 am

No, still getting the page not found error after 5 seconds.
]

Darkheald

Post by Darkheald » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:57 am

cuando pongo el convert_smf en la carpeta /smf me sale en blanco.

www.ly.../smf/convert_smf

Here

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”