[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
HuanManwe
Location: Málaga (Spain) [European Union] - Earth - Solar System - Milky Way - Local Group - Universe

Post by HuanManwe »

First of all thank you very much for your explanation. I'm very close to the solution, I think. But I have a few doubts yet.
D¡cky wrote: Import the smf database backup into the phpBB database

How? I have a backup of my smf forum. Do I upload it to the main folder of the phpBB forum? Or do I import it through phpMyAdmin---> SQL--->Import file?
D¡cky wrote: Get the UCS convertor which is on the Downloads page, http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php#converters

Do you mean the Common UCS file to be downloaded here? Because I can't see a specific UCS for SMF forums.

Greetings from Southern Spain.
Moderator in the Spanish Official Support Forum and Translator of the Spanish language pack with the help of www.phpbb-es.com | Ayuda en español.
Berlin wird immer in meinem Herzen sein :) Auf wiedersehen, Berlin!
Der Mensch schuf Gott nach seinem eigenen Bild
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

HuanManwe wrote:
D¡cky wrote:Import the smf database backup into the phpBB database

How? I have a backup of my smf forum. Do I upload it to the main folder of the phpBB forum? Or do I import it through phpMyAdmin---> SQL--->Import file?

You do not need a backup of the smf forum. You need a backup of the smf database which you would get with phpMyAdmin --> Export. Then you would do phpMyAdmin---> SQL--->Import file into the phpBB database.
HuanManwe wrote:
D¡cky wrote:Get the UCS convertor which is on the Downloads page, http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php#converters

Do you mean the Common UCS file to be downloaded here? Because I can't see a specific UCS for SMF forums.

Yes, that is the one I mean.

The UCS (Universal Convertor System) is a two part system. You have the Universal part which is common to all convertors and then you have the convertor (in this case, the smf convertor) which is written specifically for a certain bulletin board system. The two are put together to do a conversion.
Have you hugged someone today?
tandiono

convert

Post by tandiono »

I've just doing a testing convert smf to phpbb and success.. everything is ok just except the login, when i try to login it keep fail even though i've try using several username.. and my current(SMF) forum now cannot login..

the test board : www.hits.fm/test
smf board : www.hits.fm

should i delete the test board? as so to let the current board login work.

btw, Great converter tool :D
Last edited by tandiono on Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripvideo.net
PhilippinesForum.net
MyspacePrivateProfile.com
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Passwords do not convert from smf to phpBB, so logins will not work. You will have to use the "I forgot my password" feature to reset your password. Then you should be fine.
tandiono

login

Post by tandiono »

D¡cky wrote: Passwords do not convert from smf to phpBB, so logins will not work. You will have to use the "I forgot my password" feature to reset your password. Then you should be fine.

My current boards login is working..

is there anyway that i can convert smf "login pass" to phpbb? :D

there's some glitch :

http://www.hits.fm/test/viewtopic.php?t=819
http://www.hits.fm/test/viewtopic.php?t=883
http://www.hits.fm/test/viewtopic.php?t=858

and there's one part of the board(current smf) that i lock only for members.. but it's not showing up on the test board(phpbb)..
Ripvideo.net
PhilippinesForum.net
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Re: login

Post by D¡cky »

tandiono wrote:
D¡cky wrote:Passwords do not convert from smf to phpBB, so logins will not work. You will have to use the "I forgot my password" feature to reset your password. Then you should be fine.

My current boards login is working..

is there anyway that i can convert smf "login pass" to phpbb? :D

Not at the present time.
Slapshot will have to fix those \n for you.
The Flash won't be able to be fixed in the convertor. There is a Flash MOD in the modifications database. If you install it, it may take care of the Flash. Click the MODs button at the top of the page, then Search MODifications using flash as the search criteria. You will find it.
tandiono wrote: and there's one part of the board(current smf) that i lock only for members.. but it's not showing up on the test board(phpbb)..

Is it the The Listening Lounge that is for members only? I tried to access that forum and I was asked to login, so that forum does appear to exist. Go into the ACP > Forum Admin > Permissions. See if that forum shows in the list. Then use the Simple Mode to set the forum to Registered or Registered(Hidden). You also want to use the Advanced Mode to set your other permissions.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

The main admin's account password is changed to whatever value you set inside the convert_smf.php file. By default, it is set to "password", but this can be changed at the top of the file. ALL OTHER PASSWORDS will be randomly generated, as it is impossible to convert the salted smf password hashes into unsalted hashes.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
HuanManwe
Location: Málaga (Spain) [European Union] - Earth - Solar System - Milky Way - Local Group - Universe

Post by HuanManwe »

One question and one offer:

Question: If I go with Firefox to mysite/phpBB2/convert/convert_smf.php I get a blank page. If I go to mysite/phpBB2/convert/index.php I see this message: Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/convert_body.tpl does not exist
So I wonder where I must insert the common_ucs files. Into /convert so that I get the inner folders /languages and /templates or into the 'normal' phpBB2 folders? I mean /mysite/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/admin/convert_body.tpl

Offer: I've seen there's no translation into Spanish so I've translated the English file to create the Spanish version of the common ucs 'template'. Can I share it with you to add it to the common_ucs files?

One more doubt: does it make any difference that I had configured my new phpBB forum to show a different template, other than subSilver and a language other than English, to make the converter work?
Moderator in the Spanish Official Support Forum and Translator of the Spanish language pack with the help of www.phpbb-es.com | Ayuda en español.
Berlin wird immer in meinem Herzen sein :) Auf wiedersehen, Berlin!
Der Mensch schuf Gott nach seinem eigenen Bild
tandiono

Re: login

Post by tandiono »

Passwords do not convert from smf to phpBB, so logins will not work. You will have to use the "I forgot my password" feature to reset your password. Then you should be fine.

I've try the "I forgot my password" and able to login. but i can't change the passwords. Is there anyway that i could change the password?

Slapshot will have to fix those \n for you.
The Flash won't be able to be fixed in the convertor. There is a Flash MOD in the modifications database. If you install it, it may take care of the Flash. Click the MODs button at the top of the page, then Search MODifications using flash as the search criteria. You will find it.[/quote]

Is there any MODs beside "flash" that can fix my other html code such as [/ B] etc..

Is it the The Listening Lounge that is for members only? I tried to access that forum and I was asked to login, so that forum does appear to exist. Go into the ACP > Forum Admin > Permissions. See if that forum shows in the list. Then use the Simple Mode to set the forum to Registered or Registered(Hidden). You also want to use the Advanced Mode to set your other permissions.

Yup.. "The Listening Lounge" is showing up.. everything under control just except only few issue.
Ripvideo.net
PhilippinesForum.net
tandiono

Post by tandiono »

SlapShot434 wrote: The main admin's account password is changed to whatever value you set inside the convert_smf.php file. By default, it is set to "password", but this can be changed at the top of the file. ALL OTHER PASSWORDS will be randomly generated, as it is impossible to convert the salted smf password hashes into unsalted hashes.

Login is ok by requesting a new pass.. But when i try to change the pass to new passwords it fail. is there any way to renew pass?
Ripvideo.net
PhilippinesForum.net
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

tandiono wrote: Login is ok by requesting a new pass.. But when i try to change the pass to new passwords it fail. is there any way to renew pass?

If you are able to reset your password with the "I forgot my password" feature but are unable to change your password later, it is a problem with your phpBB installation and not with the convertor.
This is more of a support issue than a convertor issue, but what happens when you try to change your password?
Darkheald

Post by Darkheald »

HuanManwe wrote: One question and one offer:

Question: If I go with Firefox to mysite/phpBB2/convert/convert_smf.php I get a blank page. If I go to mysite/phpBB2/convert/index.php I see this message: Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/convert_body.tpl does not exist
So I wonder where I must insert the common_ucs files. Into /convert so that I get the inner folders /languages and /templates or into the 'normal' phpBB2 folders? I mean /mysite/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/admin/convert_body.tpl

Offer: I've seen there's no translation into Spanish so I've translated the English file to create the Spanish version of the common ucs 'template'. Can I share it with you to add it to the common_ucs files?

One more doubt: does it make any difference that I had configured my new phpBB forum to show a different template, other than subSilver and a language other than English, to make the converter work?
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Guys, you really must stop asking the same questions over and over again when I don't answer. I'm sorry, but this converter is anything but a priority, so you must be patient with me here; I've got a very full schedule and am doing my best.

Huan,
The template files need to go in your template directory. Use the normal phpbb folders. Everything youve done with the blank forum will be overridden, so you'll end up having to change it anyways, but in order for the converter files to work correctly, please set your board back to english and subSilver. You can change these after conversion.

tandiono,
please open the convert_smf.php file and change the password variable (near the top of the page) to whatever you would like the main admin account to be. Then, run the converter again, and try the password.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Please let us know if those changes worked or not so I can rule out problems with the converter.

Thanks,
Matt
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

NOTICE:

I will likely be unable to provide any support, as I will be evacuating soon due to Hurricane Rita. Please be patient as I dont have any idea how long I will be away from home.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”