[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rayisl33t

Post by rayisl33t » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:41 pm

This is what I input:

http://ray-online.org/imaging/smferror.PNG

This is what it tells me:

http://ray-online.org/imaging/smferror2.PNG

I double checked to make sure the table prefixes were "smf_" and they are. It's just refusing it.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:42 pm

did you make sure to install the phpbb on the SAME database as the smf?
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

Pablasso

Post by Pablasso » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:21 pm

hi!

i tried to use your convertor, but have a serious issue

the conversion apparently went good, the number of post was the same, but then i realized that the users and post arent there...

you can check it here

http://ciberpc.com/forum/

the database dump was little more than 70megs and the forum has like 180,000

thanks for your help and keep the good work!

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:28 pm

The first question ill ask for anyone with this issue is: Did you make sure your smf version was 1.0.x ONLY? Ive said numerous times that this does NOT support smf 1.1.x.

The second question is, Did you dump your smf db? That would be bad, and I specifically said not to do it since this is only a beta version of the converter. If so, I hope you were able to make a backup recently. Please restore your smf db (if you did in fact dump it), and verify you were on a supported version of smf.

Hope we can figure this out, let me know,
Slapshot
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

Pablasso

Post by Pablasso » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:28 am

the version is the 1.0.5

i have dump of the DB so theres no problem about that

i was one month ago with phpBB, but got attacked many times and decided to migrate to smf, i used a converter for that, but now i want to return to phpBB... do you think that changes to the db affected my conversion?

thanks for your support

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:44 am

hmm, very well could have

I actually used the script to convert phpbb to smf to get a test db, so i think i know exactly what you need to do.

Ill send you what you need

good luck,
slapshot
Last edited by SlapShot434 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablasso

Post by Pablasso » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:07 pm

where i have to reduce that? in convert_smf.php?

i didnt got it very well, i dont find where it makes reference about giving numbers to the users... but yes, the table of users of the new forum is empty

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:26 pm

know what, ill just modify my script and pm you with it so it'll work for you. I'm pretty busy on an extremely large phpbb MOD that im working on, but i shold be able to get it to you some time today.

Pablasso

Post by Pablasso » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:25 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: know what, ill just modify my script and pm you with it so it'll work for you. I'm pretty busy on an extremely large phpbb MOD that im working on, but i shold be able to get it to you some time today.

i really appreciate your interest, looking forward to get it solved :D

thanks!

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:17 pm

Hello,
I am also having the same problem, the only difference is that my database has never been converted before.

Are you saying i have to change the ID_MEMBER numbers in smf before the conversion?
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:35 pm

no, can you give me all the information about your forum and db though? also could you post any errors youve received?

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:44 pm

edit: - the links in this post are no longer valid -

first of all, i think i need to make clear that neither one of the boards are giving me any error messages.
Now, to give as much info as possible, i replicated the entire thing, and wrote a little log of what exactly happened:

old board: smf 1.0.5
installed board: phpBB2.0.17
unix server, mysql
First i installed a clean copy of phpBB2 on the smf database which i want to convert,
then i upload the needed files.. blahblah.
ok so now,
http://www.gamer-powered.com/phpBB2/convert/ is where i direct my (firefox) browser
after that, i end up at the converter panel, my "old" smf forum was located in /forums so i enter
http://gamer-powered.com/forums/ for the address of my former forum, and ../forums/ in the forum path.
i'm leaving the admin password on default, since it's not very hard to change it in the profile settings, now is it?
note: i did change it afterwards, so trying to login will not work ^^
next, the converter tells me it cant write the converted files directly, so i use FTP access to let it upload the modded files automaticly.

Then i see the forum, it looks promising, when not logged in i see all the stats of the "old" smf board(well, the ones that are normally visible to guests), but there is only 1 registered user: the head admin. when i log in, i see the catagories, and topics, but no usernames, and when i open one of them up, they are empty. So let's see what happens when i make a new account.
now the posts of the 2nd person who originally registered on the smf board ( which happens to be me ) are starting to pop up, and the topics which that user created are also visible, the profile still is'nt working, it's empty, as are the post counts( even from the succesfully converted admin, but i'm not aware if it's is supposed to "forget" the post counts).
this keeps on happening 'till i registered all 45 members ( i havent fully tested this, but thats what im guessing will happen ). To try and test this idea, i registered 5 more accounts, and yes, thats how this seems to work. all 6 account's posts are starting to pop up now, yet still no profiles have been converted. Now let's see whats in mysql.
for this, im using phpmyadmin by the way. in the original smf db(smf_members), i can see all my members, with their info, while when i look at the corresponding phpBB section(still in the smf db, for your info), this is called phpbb_users, and it only has the following info:

Code: Select all

Full Texts 	user_id 	user_active 	username
		           -1		     0		       Anonymous
		            2		     1		       admin's name ( i'm not posting his name because of privacy issues )
		            3		     1		       test
which continues till user "test5"
that's it. However it does seem to be the case that the posts are being converted just fine, while the accounts mess up ( i was thinking this may be happening because there aren't enough accounts on the phpBB to transfer the smf accounts to )

so now that i made 6 accounts, the first 6 would have to be convertable, since we now have 6 users instead of one, at least thats what i would expect if the bove would really be working, but after trying that, i found out that that wasn't really working, i ended up with only 1 account, the head admin's.
So i added the test account again ,so other people can see what i am talking about.

if you would like to take a look at the current state of the phpBB board, feel free to look around on the test account, the username is test, the password is the same as the username, the forum can be visited at http://gamer-powered.com/phpBB2

i hope that's enough information for you, if not, let me know :wink:
Last edited by CAPZkilla on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

Proud

Post by Proud » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:05 am

When I click on the link to download the zip file for the smf converter it only gives me one file, called download.php, I thought it was a bit odd but I thought ok this is what it is, so I uploaded that file to my server, and went to convert, and it says there are no converters have been found and gives me an option to download more converters from the download page. So is it just a matter of renaming the file that is downloading from that link or is it something else?

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:29 am

first of all, no thats not it, the link should provide you with a zipped file called convert_smf.zip, with a php file inside with convert_smf.php as filename, i'm guessing something messed up when you downloaded it, try to download it again, if that doesnt work, then i'll put up a direct link to it on my own server ( if needed )
( with direct link i mean a normal a link like website.com/file.zip )
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

Pballer

Post by Pballer » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:41 am

why on earth would anyone want to convert from SMF to phpBB?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”