[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Proud

Post by Proud » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:38 pm

no I haven't tried to convert it to nuke....I'm going to convert from SMF to PHPBB then to nuke. The conversion worked fine except for the user groups...it's awesome.

I just wanted to know, since it was in the new release of Nuke if you had eliminated one step, I didn't figure you had but one of the others on the admin team said that since it was in there you had.

edit* you may want to have them take that out of the package though

second edit* sorry about the double post, I tried to just edit my original post.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:17 pm

what package? I have no affiliation with phpnuke what-so-ever. I do not know if the file on their system is mine or not, though i highly recommend not using it, especially if it does say its from me because i do not support it.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

Proud

Post by Proud » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:27 pm

Alrighty than thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate it very much.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:41 pm

If the file is indeed MY own converter, and has been released as an "official" release, that would be highly unprofessional on the part of phpnuke.org, as I have not released this converter as a stable version and if there were to be any problems with their conversion, it would damage my reputation for providing fast support whenever I can. If you are able to verify that it is mine, I ask that you contact whoever is in charge of it's distribution and ask that they remove the file until I am able to release a version of this converter that I feel is indeed stable enough for live environments. Obviously this is up to them due to the gpl license, however I would greatly appreciate their cooperatoin in this matter.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

Creative Insanity

Post by Creative Insanity » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:12 pm

Ok there is away around this and it is not hard at all.
Like someone posted in another thread.
Convert your smf forums to ipb and then use the ibp2.x convertor (the 1.x messes the post count on the front page and cannot be corrected).
You will have to on both conversions reactivate your user account and once your members do that on the phpBB conversion.. from smf to phpbb

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:17 pm

Buddy, I've already made a converter that directly converts smf to phpbb... thats the entire point of this topic... Why would someone rather go through two steps when Ive made a way to only go through one?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:34 pm

I believe I have discovered the exact problem that a few users have a been experiencing. Appearently, when there are no user moderators set (not group moderators, I mean user's with forum-specific moderating permissions), the three arrays that handle user conversion are negatively affected, and the WHILE commands are improperly read. I will try to either solve this, or find a way around my current technique to acheive the same result. Please hang tight, I will get the converter link updated as soon as I possibly can.

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:38 pm

i also found that i have new membergroups named after the old smf ranks, might want to check that out
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:47 am

Hmm, i thought I stopped it from converting non-special ranks into groups. Let me look into that

killerbob

Post by killerbob » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:01 pm

Just out of curiosity, are there going to be any options for the conversion?

I'm looking at porting an SMF-based forum to phpbb, but in the process, I really don't care about forcing the users to reregister. All I want are the threads, and they can be inserted as guest posts.

Any advice?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:31 pm

I will only release the converter for conversion from pure SMF 1.0.x to pure phpBB 2.0.x. You, of course, can always look through the converter file and remove the tables you dont want to be converted, however this will be entirely up to you. If you would like my help with it, I would be glad to help you, however it will be seperate from the support I will give for this converter, as I cant support things that most people do not use.

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:54 am

ok heres an update to what i said earlier,
it is true that the converter makes a new set of ranks based on the old smf usergroups.

- removed, didnt notice that permissions aren't converted -

Also i found that some topics, for some weird reason appeared to have embedded in the post of one user, mostly with [/quote] in the post, so there might be a problem here.

- removed, result of slightly corrupted install -

thats the list of current bugs i've come across since the latest fix
Last edited by CAPZkilla on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:56 am

Just to let you know, permissions are not converted, as stated inside the converter:
* This converter will NOT import:
* - Users' passwords. Passwords will be changed.
* - Word censors
* - Host bans
* - Attachments
* - Logs
* - Calenders
* - Rank images
* - Any permissions other than guests

CAPZkilla

Post by CAPZkilla » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:00 am

hmmmm and 1 admin..
ok fair enough, but i've still got these weird usergroups, some of which cannot even be removed, and the post embedding thing
- [ Someone.Inc ] -

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:12 am

not sure whats going on, did you use the script i sent you?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”