[SUPPORT] vBulletin 3.0.x to phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:23 am

Does your user table have a prefix? I have seen some vBulletin databases where some tables have a prefix and some tables don't.

With the $vb3_prefix in conf.php set to "", what are the error message you are getting now?
Have you hugged someone today?

vonedaddy

Post by vonedaddy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:31 pm

OK, soon at I click on SQL test it tells me:

Tables not found. Check the table prefix in conf.php
Please check that you copied the vb3_2phpBB directory in your phpBB root directory

both are correct. now what?

I did change the default prefix of vb3_ to just vb.
:VONEDADDY:
WWW.HEREYAH.COM

Darezettl

Post by Darezettl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:44 pm

Does this convertor also works for vBulletin 3.6.x or only for 3.0.x?
And what about the attachments? Is there any way to keep them if the phpBB attachment mod is installed?
[...]

Dave9122

Redirection Error:

Post by Dave9122 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi guys, im getting a redirection error after installing this... very annoying, keeps redirecting me to http://www.w3.org/Protocols/ or google sends me to their search engine with 'http://' in the search box...

I take it i have to edit login.php...
What part??

Please help,
All help appreciated,
Thanks,
Dave

weyland2

Post by weyland2 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:19 am

I just went and downloaded the converter, and read the readme.
From what I gather, it says that I need to make a local installation
on my machine at home to be able to perform the conversion...

Is that correct?
Is there no way to do this on the server the new phpBB2 board lives on?

I have a backup of the old vBulletin database uploaded to the new board's domain, if that helps.

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Weyland

hot4mix

Post by hot4mix » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:47 am

just tested it with 3,6,1

it worked just fine 8)
thnx a lot dicky !

Darezettl

Post by Darezettl » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:11 pm

ok did convert my vb 3.6.0 to phpbb with this converter.
worked good, but after converting, the jumpbox is emtpy, although there are a lot of forums in my forum

and 2nd problem is, if you go to the (ez)portal there comes an error message called "there are no posts to this topic"

what to do?
[...]

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Darezettl wrote: ok did convert my vb 3.6.0 to phpbb with this converter.
worked good, but after converting, the jumpbox is emtpy, although there are a lot of forums in my forum

and 2nd problem is, if you go to the (ez)portal there comes an error message called "there are no posts to this topic"

what to do?

The convertor does nothing to affect the jumpbox. My guess is that you have made an error in installing ezportal or some other MOD.

SaudShah

Post by SaudShah » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:33 pm

hiya morning,

i got sum errors in sum steps help me to fix 'em, =)

Couldn't select from start date Table
1146: Table 'chillin_forums.user' doesn't exist

SELECT MIN(joindate) AS board_startdate FROM user

Unable to insert anonymous user into user table
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, '0', NULL, '', '', 0, 0, 0, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, NULL, ' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (-1, 0, 'Anonymous', '', 0, 0, 0,, 0, 0, '0', NULL, '', '', 0, 0, 0, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, NULL, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', NULL, '', '', '', '', '', '', '')
vB3 Guest account fixed and phpBB Anonymous account inserted.

Couldn't Select from Ranks Table
1146: Table 'chillin_forums.usertitle' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM usertitle
Conversion of Ranks converted successfuly.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chillin/public_html/boards/vb3_2phpbb/menu.php:47) in /home/chillin/public_html/boards/includes/sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chillin/public_html/boards/vb3_2phpbb/menu.php:47) in /home/chillin/public_html/boards/includes/sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chillin/public_html/boards/vb3_2phpbb/menu.php:47) in /home/chillin/public_html/boards/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chillin/public_html/boards/vb3_2phpbb/menu.php:47) in /home/chillin/public_html/boards/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chillin/public_html/boards/vb3_2phpbb/menu.php:47) in /home/chillin/public_html/boards/includes/page_header.php on line 486

General Error

Unable to retrieve user count

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'chillin_forums.user' doesn't exist

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:04 am

SaudShah wrote: hiya morning,

You need to answer why the table doesn't exist.

1) Are the phpBB tables and the vBulletin tables in the chillin_forums database?
2) Did you edit the vBulletin table prefix correctly in the convertor conf.php file?

Spi1lz

Post by Spi1lz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:19 am

I am incompitent and can't figure this stuff out... Meh...

I need to transfer like 150 members, all the threads, posts, smilies, etc... Nothing huge...

I am performing the transfer on my server because easyphp is out of my league... heh

It says the tables are incorrect in the conf file. Yet when I convert it does it all. When you view the phpbb forum it has everying, but you can't login, or see the posts. Yet they are technically there before you enter the topics...

Could someone do this for me? It only takes a few seconds if you know what you are doing, but I have tried it a few times and am getting knowhere...

Message me on aim: SlappyLimited

Or PM... please

SaudShah

Post by SaudShah » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:44 am

D¡cky wrote:
SaudShah wrote:hiya morning,

You need to answer why the table doesn't exist.

1) Are the phpBB tables and the vBulletin tables in the chillin_forums database?
2) Did you edit the vBulletin table prefix correctly in the convertor conf.php file?

1) yesh, they both are in chillin_forums
2)i didnt edit the table prefix in convertor config fyle co0z my old table prefix was vb3_ thats why i leave it as it was.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:58 pm

You need to edit conf.php and set vb3_ as the table prefix.

dcolanduno

Post by dcolanduno » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:58 pm

My problem is that we are moving to a new vBulletin system which is on my new server host. My new home on the web is so much better, but I have a forum that is very actuve and tons of posts, and I can't lose them. So I have been trying almost everything to move all my phpBB info to the vBulletin, but for some reason it doesn't seem to actually backup all the info. Even when I just go into mySQL and dump out all the stuff to my system and then try to merge it into a new mySQL install... it still laughs at me. It spins and cranks on the big backup for an hour, then ends up being an empty database. :|

Does anyone have much experience with moving your data in this manner? I'd like to just backup all the database and then put it into a fresh phpBB install I have, but I can't seem to get a nice clean full backup that I can pump into my new phpBB board. :|
Derek Colanduno
Host - Skepticality
http://www.skepticality.com/

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:19 am

You are moving away from phpBB and going to vBulletin? The vbulletin people should be able to help you.

Hint: Use BigDump

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”