[SUPPORT] vBulletin 3.0.x to phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
dvarok

Re: [SUPPORT] vBulletin 3.0.x to phpBB

Post by dvarok » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:48 am

hi! after convertation i got this
and this
how can i make it normal?

Legato

Post by Legato » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi Dicky,

First of all, thanks for an excellent conversion utility. I am yet another person having issues with passwords in phpbb. I have read through all 23 pages of this thread so far and have definitely edited the original login.php file with the changes listed in login.mod file.

Details are as follows:

phpbb version 2.0.1.5
vB version 3.6.4
conversion util 4a

The error message I get is "Incorrect username or password. Please try again". Now one complication I have is that I'm actually running MamboPlus which integrates phpbb 2.0.15 into it, and they therefore share a common user account. However, I would have expected the passwords to behave the same regardless, unless of course mambo has a different encryption technique?

Anyway, if you can think of anything I can try rather than getting all of the users to click "forgotten password" I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Leggy

shadowman

Post by shadowman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:18 am

Hello there. Thanks for this Mod, Dicky. But, I have a question... I have used your mod and my forum runs perfectly, but I want to upgrade to phpBB 3. Is it possible? I mean in password subject. I'm not sure, but I think in phpBB3 isn't a file named login.php. How can I upgrade now to phpbb3 with no losing the passwords?

Thanks in advance :D

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:23 am

shadowman wrote:Hello there. Thanks for this Mod, Dicky. But, I have a question... I have used your mod and my forum runs perfectly, but I want to upgrade to phpBB 3. Is it possible? I mean in password subject. I'm not sure, but I think in phpBB3 isn't a file named login.php. How can I upgrade now to phpbb3 with no losing the passwords?

If you are now running phpBB 2.0.22 succesfully, there's no reason why you can't convert that to phpBB3 now.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

shadowman

Post by shadowman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Do you really? Thank you very much I thought I will probably have problems with passwords because in phpbb2 I had to modify the file login.php in order to the convertion runs perfectly.

I'm going to give it a try ;)

Thanks

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:35 pm

shadowman wrote:Hello there. Thanks for this Mod, Dicky. But, I have a question... I have used your mod and my forum runs perfectly, but I want to upgrade to phpBB 3. Is it possible? I mean in password subject. I'm not sure, but I think in phpBB3 isn't a file named login.php. How can I upgrade now to phpbb3 with no losing the passwords?

How long has the phpbB board been running. The people who have logged in to the phpBB board will not be a problem, but the people who have not will be a problem since their password has not been converted to the phpBB encryption. These people could request a new password. If you think a lot of people may have this password problem, auth_db could be modified to check for a vBulletin password.
Have you hugged someone today?

kryosoldier

Post by kryosoldier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:49 am

Hi, new to the forums here, I set up phpBB3 and and everything, now I am trying to convert from vBulletin to phpBB3

and I received the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',"ok",0)' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

insert into phpbb_poll_options (poll_option_id,topic_id,poll_option_text,poll_option_total) values(,,"ok",0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_vb30.php
LINE: 51
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_convert.php(1653) : eval()'d code
LINE: 2
CALL: vb_import_polloption()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1653
CALL: eval()

LINE: 800
CALL: install_convert->jump()

LINE: 203
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 402
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 274
CALL: module->load()

any suggestions on how to fix this? (sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't read threw all those posts)

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:39 pm

kryosoldier wrote:Hi, new to the forums here, I set up phpBB3 and and everything, now I am trying to convert from vBulletin to phpBB3

and I received the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',"ok",0)' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

insert into phpbb_poll_options (poll_option_id,topic_id,poll_option_text,poll_option_total) values(,,"ok",0)any suggestions on how to fix this? (sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't read threw all those posts)
You are converting to phpBB3, yet you posted in a converting to phpBB2 topic. Your answer is here in the converting to phpBB3 topic, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4208985

kryosoldier

Post by kryosoldier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:15 pm

You are converting to phpBB3, yet you posted in a converting to phpBB2 topic. Your answer is here in the converting to phpBB3 topic, viewtopic.php?p=4208985#p4208985
sorry, I ran a search and came accross this and assumed it was for phpBB3

db09

Post by db09 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:18 am

i cannot even seem to get past step one of the conversion.

when i click step one i get the following errors:
Tables not found. Check the table prefix in conf.php
and
Please check that you copied the vb3_2phpBB directory in your phpBB root directory
i have the files uploaded to mysite.com/v4/vb3_2phpBB/

i have tried every possible combination i can think of for the table prefix.. additionally on that note, my vb tables don't (as far as i can see) have a prefix. for example, a phpbb table looks like:

phpbb_blahblah

my vbulletin tables look like:

vbblahblah

this is vb 3.6.4 to phpbb2

thanks in advance, i'm totally stumped here and i'm sure i'm overlooking something stupid.

dave

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:29 am

Some people have reported a bug that the convertor can't find the tables when they are actually there. The thing to do is start converting the users. If it works, you can continue with the rest of the conversion. If it doesn't, then you really do have a problem. Read the instructions again to be sure you have installed everything correctly.

db09

Post by db09 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:03 am

worked great, dicky. thanks!

ninhanh

Post by ninhanh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:47 am

i convert vbb to phpBB2; password member ok :); but next
i convert phpBB2 to phpBB3 GOLD, member can not use password; only admin uses ... :(

please, help me . Thanks

SU-GCM

Post by SU-GCM » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:32 am

can the conversion be done on the server ??
or i have to download the db and work it offline

thanks in advance

Deafbeat

Post by Deafbeat » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:07 pm

hi i've got vb 3.6.9 with over 6000 users around 100000 posts n dono how many topics ermm question is can i use this to convert it 2 phpbb2 ?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”