Help with the graphics (Dr. Tom?:)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Boby Dimitrov
Name: Borislav Dimitrov

Help with the graphics (Dr. Tom?:)

Post by Boby Dimitrov »

EDITED OUT { Anyway, I found my own way of exporting. }

Also, a tip for everyone remaking the images (pretty dumb, but I noticed it when I was finished, so I had to redo all of them). If you need wider buttons, don't scale, free transform, or else them, you'll loose the round corners. What I suggest is select one end of the path (select it with the hollow arrow) that shapes the button and move it to the lenght you need. Use grid or guides, so you can be sure all your buttons are with the same length, otherwise they don't look too good on the page layout.

Another thing: what do we do with the localized buttons? Do we send them in with the lang files?

Thanks!
Last edited by Boby Dimitrov on Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Yes, package them up with all the files and send them together.
Boby Dimitrov

Post by Boby Dimitrov »

I've encountered this problem. The "Post reply", "New topic", etc buttons are with preset W and H in the template, which leads to distorsion if they're bigger/smaller. In bulgarian most of the words are longer (ie the lang_main resulted 2k bigger than the original), so I have made all buttons wider. Those below the post are ok, but the bigger ones are not.

Is this intentionally left in the template or it can be removed?

Thanks.
hsim

Post by hsim »

if you're writing clean HTML, your images should have width and height attributes...
email me: hsim at gmx.li
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

hsim, please don't take things Off Topic like this (yes, I consider changing tack to mention width/height restrictions off-topic) :) It's bad enough we've got one Pit, we don't need two :D
hsim

Post by hsim »

Sorry ... wasn't quite off topic imvho :arrow:
Boby Dimitrov wrote: I've encountered this problem. The "Post reply", "New topic", etc buttons are with preset W[idth] and H[eight] in the template [...] Is this intentionally left in the template or it can be removed?
email me: hsim at gmx.li
Boby Dimitrov

Post by Boby Dimitrov »

hsim, I know that strict html requires width and height tags, just trying to find a solution. I have no problem modding the tpl files, but what happens with the next CVSupdate?

Anyway, I suppose the devs opinion counts in that case.
Boby Dimitrov

Post by Boby Dimitrov »

*bump*, just in case someone missed that one.
I'd like to know if the W and H of the buttons will be fixed in the CVS?
Otherwise, every language, that has shorter/longer butttons will have to have it's own version of template.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”