s12 invisionfree converter needed

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
PeterLancs

s12 invisionfree converter needed

Post by PeterLancs »

has anyone got one please?

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

This will work, Invision 1x convertor.

Now all you need to do is write a support ticket to Invisionfree requesting a backup of your database, for which there will be a charge.
Have you hugged someone today?

sanax

Post by sanax »

So, this mean you'll be able to import all member info and threads to phpbb forum?

Doesn't it import only a copy of the invision forum?... or will all info be lost when you import the invision board?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

sanax wrote: So, this mean you'll be able to import all member info and threads to phpbb forum?

Doesn't it import only a copy of the invision forum?... or will all info be lost when you import the invision board?

The convertor will import all member info, categories, forums and topics. It will not import themes.

nullbesign

don'y

Post by nullbesign »

hello, when i used this to convert my ipb 1.3 forum tp phpbb the username won't work on phpbb.
the conveter works but the i couldn't get in

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Re: don'y

Post by D¡cky »

nullbesign wrote: hello, when i used this to convert my ipb 1.3 forum tp phpbb the username won't work on phpbb.
the conveter works but the i couldn't get in

Passwords do not convert because of the different encryption methods used by IPB and phpBB. You and your members will have to use the "I forgot my password" link to reset your passwords.

DummyNewb

Post by DummyNewb »

Real Stupid question. I have Invision PowerBoard 1.3. Is this the converter to transfer the data from the Invision PowerBoard 1.3 to the phpBB forum? The reason I'm confused is that there is a mention of performing a backup and that it is difficult to get Invision to back up the files for you. Well all of my data is in my "mysql" data base. Why would I have someone else back it up for me when I can do it myself? What am I missing?

DummyNewb

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

I think you are geting confused with the difference between Invisionfree and your own IPB 1.3 board. Invisionfree forums do not have access to their database and that is why they need to have Invisionfree do a backup for them.

If you have your own IPB 1.3 board on your own host, there is no need to have someone else back it up for you.

You can use the Invision 1.x convertor mentioned in this thread. It works for both Invisionfree and your own IPB board.

DummyNewb

Post by DummyNewb »

Cool. Thanks
Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. Wish me luck lol

Angel-girl

Re: s12 invisionfree converter needed

Post by Angel-girl »

Moving this to a more appropriate location :)
Follow me to Alphabet City

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”