Converter Release: Snitz Forums to PHPBB and PHPNuke

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
embrax

Re: Converter Release: Snitz Forums to PHPBB and PHPNuke

Post by embrax »

Thanks a lot i'm waiting for restarting apache with the new php having mhash compiled.

I can not use I Forgot my Password because there are more then 5000 users using that forum...they would kill me :D

Sorry for double posting I saw this discussion just after posting the first question.

I'll posts as soon as I try the hack
embrax

Post by embrax »

That worked but... How can I apply the same hack to the login of the phpbb3 version if I would like to upgrade? Is it possibile? I found that the new syntax is quite different and more difficult then the previous...

Can anyone help me on finding how to adapt the login hack to phpbb3?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

embrax wrote:That worked but... How can I apply the same hack to the login of the phpbb3 version if I would like to upgrade? Is it possibile? I found that the new syntax is quite different and more difficult then the previous...

Can anyone help me on finding how to adapt the login hack to phpbb3?
Give this a try.

Download the attached file, auth_snitz.zip
Unzip and upload to your phpbb root directory maintaining the directory structure.
Run the auth_snitz_db_update.php file.
Delete the auth_snitz_db_update.php file.
You may now login.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Have you hugged someone today?
mahvin

Post by mahvin »

Apparently neither of my webhosts allow outside access to the mysql databases (unless of course I upgrade to premium accounts), so is there an alternative way to add both databases to my local machine and run the conversion there?

If its possible, would I need to use an absolute path to the database or would using localhost be sufficient? I am fairly new to using my local machine to run test forums, but I am learning.

I am using Wamp and PHP 5.
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

mahvin wrote:Apparently neither of my webhosts allow outside access to the mysql databases (unless of course I upgrade to premium accounts), so is there an alternative way to add both databases to my local machine and run the conversion there?

If its possible, would I need to use an absolute path to the database or would using localhost be sufficient? I am fairly new to using my local machine to run test forums, but I am learning.

I am using Wamp and PHP 5.
These two articles shoudl help. They do explain phpbB2 and EasyPHP, but the procedures will be the same for Snitz and WAMP.

How to move a phpBB 2.0.x board to a new server
Offline Conversions
Have you hugged someone today?
mahvin

Post by mahvin »

I tried running the converter and got this:

Code: Select all

MySQL query error!

Query was: ".$query."

\n"; echo "mysql_errno = ".mysql_errno()."
\n"; echo "mysql_error = ".mysql_error()."
\n"; echo "extra info = ".$extra."
Is this a version mismatch error?
Bluebeetle13

Post by Bluebeetle13 »

Hey there, first off thanks for this great tool. I did have one problem. The script added all my posts to my database except for any posts after October 1, 2008. I think this is when I upgraded to v3.4.06 of Snitz. Has anyone else had this problem? The posts and post text appear in the phpbb database, just the topics after this date aren't getting moved. I'm also not getting any errors from the script. It seems like the script isn't adding all the topics even though it is adding the posts for the topics it doesn't add. So the users show they have made x posts, but you can view the posts because the topics don't exist.

I am upgrading to phpBB 2
yomamma

Post by yomamma »

just finished using this converter, and a few thoughts...

first, yes you have to modify the date routine to get the converter to run as outlined previously in this thread.

second, from my sntiz install, the intersts field was larger from snitz than phpbb, so increased the phpbb interests field to varchar(LONGTEXT) instead of varchar(255), then was fine. guess had some windy users!

no need to pass snitz password directly code change, because the snitz passwords are absolutely not md5 hash. all snitz passwords are sha256 encrypted, which is a one way hash, there is no known way to decode sha256. so your users will have to request their password when logging in the first time, and get the confirmation email with a new temp pass.

did a good job, thanks for a great utility!

Brian
bsmither

Post by bsmither »

Of the version I downloaded (2.0.21), users may need to replace all occurrances of "<?" (4, I think) to "<?php" if your PHP.INI file is set to require this more stringent script start tag.

This would be in any filename that ends in .php (2 files used, three total - I think).

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”