Create Admin account or Password retrieval after conversion

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
evan_k

Create Admin account or Password retrieval after conversion

Post by evan_k »

So I have recently converted a UBB.threads board to PHPBB2 which I was admin on. Here's the problem, the old admin and admin account on the UBB forum is gone/inactive, yet their account is the only current admin account on the PHPBB2 board now since the conversion, my account got removed and now I do not have admin access.

How can I retrieve the ADMIN password from the new PHPBB database. I have their username available. Alternatively, how can I set my own account back to admin status by editing the database? This is my only solution atm. I am in the mySql admin and am able to directly edit/browse the db.

Thanks for any help
Evan
blazes

Post by blazes »

You could change the password. Change $pass to what you want your password to be, run the script, get the string it shows and put it in the database as the Admin's password.

Code: Select all

<?php
$pass = 'your_passowrd';
echo md5($pass);
?>
I'm lazy and don't check my MOD support threads very often. If you need help and I'm not replying in the thread, PM me and yell.
evan_k

Post by evan_k »

I'm still confused about that. I am basically a designer with some php skill, I can edit modify tweak the hell out of anything php, but I am not a developer :oops:

is there a way for me to edit the admin account password directly in the phpbb db without having to go through the shell? I just want to use phpMyAdmin to do it. Simple front-end solution for me :)
evan_k

Post by evan_k »

where would you run that script? im desperate enough to try it hehe. gotta get this working somehowm either by changing the admin password or changing my own permissions to admin status.
evan_k

Post by evan_k »

n/m thanks for the help, figured it out. :D
nater77

Re: Create Admin account or Password retrieval after conversion

Post by nater77 »

Awesome! Thanks for the code...I've been searching for over an hour after converting from FB to phpBB2 to phpBB3...I appreciate it. :)

Take it easy,
Nate

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”