How to login to phpBB after convert SMF ---> PhpBB latest

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ST2006

How to login to phpBB after convert SMF ---> PhpBB latest

Post by ST2006 »

I would appreciate if someone help me with this! :wink:

I converted SMF 1.1 rc3 to phpBB and all going someway correct, but when should be sure all working i didn't get into the forum and now i have exceeded my 5 try....where to manipulate this login so i can check out the conversion of smf to phpBB?

Thank you!
Lord_Striker

Post by Lord_Striker »

Hi,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but doe to the encrytion used in SMF 1.1, password conversion can not be made to work.

Every user on your forums must use the 'lost password' feature to get a new password emailed to them.

--Striker.
ST2006

Post by ST2006 »

Yes, i have experienced it now..... that this converter not work!

I lost my database totally, also both forums.

My advice, do not never try to use converters, if you not know
100% that it will work 100% :(
HNX

Post by HNX »

euh sry guys but id really appreciate if u guys could tell me wht smf is???
ST2006

Post by ST2006 »

This is not advertisement. I skipped SMF but this user asked for info :oops:

Simple Machine Forum hxxp://www.simplemachines.org/

Simple Machines Forum - SMF in short - is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes. Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the lay-out of your message board and with our unique SSI - or Server Side Includes - function you can let your forum and your website interact with each other. SMF is written in the popular language PHP and uses a MySQL database. It is designed to provide you with all the features you need from a bulletin board while having an absolute minimal impact on the resources of the server. SMF is the next generation of forum software, and best of all it is and will always remain completely free!
HNX

wow

Post by HNX »

wow yo lol u sure know alot of stuff Lol thx alot;)
ST2006

Post by ST2006 »

I dont know alot, it is only one forum software of many out there. I only ansvered your question...because i have run it and i know it. I choosed to use phpBB instead of SMF because phpBB is easy to use for unexperienced users you have in forum. SMF is little too hard for many unexperienced forum users. 8)
OssiR

Post by OssiR »

ST2006 wrote: My advice, do not never try to use converters, if you not know
100% that it will work 100% :(

Or perphaps take at least backups before trying em.
itsonlybarney

Post by itsonlybarney »

You should always have a backup of the forum you are converting from, prior to making the actual conversion.

Conversion from SMF 1.1 to phpBB 2.0.21 does not copy the user passwords over. I tried it once before and I couldn't get it to work. I ended up resetting everyone's passwords and sending an email to all users to update their password, I gave them a week to change the password otherwise I deleted the user from the database to not compromise site security.
Enjoy talking about trains?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”