IPB => Phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
zola2007

IPB => Phpbb

Post by zola2007 »

Hello,

Excuse me for my english...

I use Invision Power Board, i want use PhpBB, i search a convertors... Where I can find ?

Thanks !

:)

imac600

Post by imac600 »

Which version of IPB are you using? If it is version 1.x, you can download a converter from this link in the phpBB SourceForge entry.

zola2007

Post by zola2007 »

No it's the last version (2.2.1) :(

imac600

Post by imac600 »

Hmm. This complicates matters. I'd like to see what the other users here say, as i've never converted an IPB-2 forum before.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

The Invision 2.1.x convertor works for IPB 2.2.x
Have you hugged someone today?

zola2007

Post by zola2007 »

Thks :)

ItsMyLife

Post by ItsMyLife »

D¡cky wrote: The Invision 2.1.x convertor works for IPB 2.2.x

I'm looking to convert over to phpBB from Invision Power Board myself.

I did the conversion on my localhost last night to test things out... everything seemed to go fairly well converting forums/topics but I can't seem to login to my admin account or any accounts for that matter.

Do the account passwords get converted with this *converter* or is there something else I need to know/do.

Any help would be much appreciated!

ItsMyLife

Post by ItsMyLife »

Ok, I was able to get my SMTP server working with my local install so that I could verify that the user can at least request a new password.

If this is the only way to handle passwords during conversion, I can go this route although I'd rather not.

Now, I just need to figure out how to modify the look and feel on this bad boy and move from Invision to phpBB once and for all.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

There is included with the convertor a file, login_mod.txt, that explains how to modify login.php so that IPB passwords will work. Do not use the included pre-modified login.php as it is outdated.

ItsMyLife

Post by ItsMyLife »

Ok that would be cool.... but perhaps I have an old version of the converter because I just looked and mine just has a login.mod file that refers to vBulletin.

EDIT: Read down further in the code and see that it's for invision power board too.

Thanks!

madtraxz

Re: IPB => Phpbb

Post by madtraxz »

I have a different problem...

The convertion seems te work, but if i click on a forum i cant see the topics and posts.

I ran the convertor a couple of times and i keep on getting the following errors:

Couldn't insert post
1366: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'forum_id' at row 1

Couldn't insert Topics
1406: Data too long for column 'topic_title' at row 1

Is it possible to fix this?

madtraxz

Post by madtraxz »

Well i solved the 2 errors:

1. By increasing the limit for the topic title field.
2. Mysql was on strict mode

But i still can't see my topics and posts....

Anyone have an idea?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

First, you want to check the database to make sure the posts are there. Check the phpbb_topics, phpbb_posts and phpbb_posts_text. Also, check that there are users in the phpbb_users table.

The main reason for topics and posts not displaying is that the authors are not in the memberlist. If you know the id of a topic, you can display the topic by entering in the address bar, http://{YourDomainName}/{PathToYourBoard}/viewtopic.php?t=id, where id is the topic_id. To view a post, enter in the address bar, http://{YourDomainName}/{PathToYourBoard}/viewtopic.php?p=id#id where id is the post_id
See who the author is and what their user_id is by hovering your cursor over the Profile button. Then check to see if they are in the memberlist.

madtraxz

Post by madtraxz »

Hi Dicky,

I have already tried this....

All users and all posts have been imported so that shouldn't be the problem, the werd thing is that when you manualy go to one of the posts, and you go up a level (to viewforum.php?f=....) then you see the post that you just opened but the others are still invisible.

Something i just noticed, is that some names have not fully been imported (they're missing a few letters), could that be the problem. And can phpbb handle usernames with blank spaces (like "Roger Rabbit")????

By the way when looking in myphpadmin i saw this....

user_posts mediumint(8) UNSIGNED
user_new_privmsg smallint(5) UNSIGNED
user_unread_privmsg smallint(5) UNSIGNED
user_login_tries smallint(5) UNSIGNED

Could this be it?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”