[SUPPORT] SMF 1.1.1 to phpBB2

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
bikerjeg

Re: [SUPPORT] SMF 1.1.1 to phpBB2

Post by bikerjeg »

EDIT: never mind it magically worked after a third try of the installation from scratch. :lol:
Thanks for the help ;)

there must have been a third reason why this was happening. I did have both tables within one datbase and the prefix is definately "smf_"

I tried doing this from scratch again on a clean installation of the latest phpbb2 version. But it seems like phpbb2 does not work properly. After I install it and try to login as admin, phpbb just keeps redirecting me to the login without even giving me an error.

I was able to convert from smf 1.1.3 to phpbb2 but phpbb2 does not function since it does not let me log in. I am trying to login with the new phpbb2 admin login that was created when I installed the forum so I don't see why there could be an error. Could this be due to an .htaccess file that might be missing?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

The admin you created when you installed phpBB gets deleted when you convert. You need to login with your SMF admin account. Be sure you have followed the instrucitons in login.mod and made the modifications to login.php so your password will work.
Have you hugged someone today?
rehan

dead link

Post by rehan »

the link in first post is not working,...
i need smf 2 phpBB convertor
My current SMF is 1.1.4 and i want to convert it to phpBB2
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Re: dead link

Post by D¡cky »

rehan wrote:the link in first post is not working,...
i need smf 2 phpBB convertor
My current SMF is 1.1.4 and i want to convert it to phpBB2
The link works fine for me.
The SMF 1.1.1 convertor will work for SMF 1.1.4
rehan

Post by rehan »

ok thnaks.. it wes not working earlier..
it is working now..
i downloaded nad it will install now..
I hope it will convert easily...
rehan

Post by rehan »

damn it..
it gave so many errors as i run the converter...

Code: Select all

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./../extension.inc in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 32

Warning: include(./../extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./../common. in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 33

Warning: include(./../common.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 33

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 33

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./../convert/functions_convert. in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 34

Warning: include(./../convert/functions_convert.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 34

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../convert/functions_convert.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 34

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_pagestart() in /home/cricleba/public_html/community/converter/convert/index.php on line 36
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

phpBB2 has to be installed and running. The convertor files go into the phpBB2 directory.
rehan

Post by rehan »

Alright..
I suceesfully converted my forum.. edited the login.php to use existing smf pswds..

tHnks Alot for thus convertor...
yesurmine

Post by yesurmine »

HELLO mr. dicky
i have got a smf forum with about 15000 members ,i have decided to switch over to phpbb
i have been all through these 14 pages still i cant get a clear picture how to convert
i am alright till putting converter into the root directory......after that problem comes in table prefix
i need to know
how to install phbbb in smf database ..........i cant do this if i provide the smf db user name ,db name and password,smf prefix in the installation page of phpbb

please help..........although previous post mention ..its not clear to me
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

yesurmine wrote:HELLO mr. dicky
<snip>
i need to know
how to install phbbb in smf database ..........i cant do this if i provide the smf db user name ,db name and password,smf prefix in the installation page of phpbb

please help..........although previous post mention ..its not clear to me
Don't use the smf prefix. You have to use a different prefix. The default table prefix for phpBB is phpbb_
yesurmine

Post by yesurmine »

thanks mr.dicky will try it and let u know...............
yesurmine

Post by yesurmine »

hurray hands off to you dicky for his wonderful program which converted the whole smf users and post and everything within a second
hardly i even cant believe.......................thanky you again
Shaythong

Post by Shaythong »

Doesn't work!

Everytime I run:
http://mysite.com/phpbb/convert/index.php

it shows a blank page or an error page.
Internet explorer says programming error or something.

And My SMF dictionary is in http://mysite.com/smf

It says I get a HTTP 500 Internal server error

How come I can't get to the phpbb/convert page? All files are uploaded correctly. :cry:
mklcst

Post by mklcst »

hi to everyone,
i'm trying to convert smf to phpbb2.
When i insert:

Table prefix smf_
Forum address http://127.0.0.1/home/unieconomia/phpBB2/
(this is the http address of your former forum)
Forum path ../phpBB2/
(this is the relative -to phpBB main directory- server path to your former forum)

After i click to convert and this is what appears to me

Code: Select all

Errore Generale 
Could not find path to your former forum. Please check your settings and try again 
obviously i'm working in local, the address i'm sure are right.. what's the problem?
Thank you very much
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Shaythong,

Does phpBB itself work?

"Internet explorer says programming error or something." doesn't help in diagnosing the problem.

SMF doesn't have to work, but the smf tables do have to be in the phpBB database.

mklcst,

The convertor is looking for the relative path from phpBB to SMF. Obviously, ../phpBB2/ is not correct for the relative path since that is where phpBB is.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”