[SUPPORT] SMF 1.1.1 to phpBB2

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Vicfred

Re: [SUPPORT] SMF 1.1.1 to phpBB2

Post by Vicfred »

hi there, I'm having problems exporting/importing my tables from the old smf installation to the new phpbb2 database, when I try to import the data on the phpbb2 db I get the following error

Code: Select all

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.10.0.2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: xxx.xxx.xxx
-- Generation Time: Oct 24, 2007 at 11:59 AM
-- Server version: 4.0.26
-- PHP Version: 4.4.4
SET SQL_MODE = "NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

MySQL said: Documentation
#1193 - Unknown system variable 'SQL_MODE' 
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

It would seem that the SMF database is MySQL 4.1.x/5.x and your phpBB database is MySQL 4.0.x. The older MySQL versions do not understand a lot of the newer MySQL commands.

You could upgrade your phpBB databse to MySQL 5.0.

An alternative to upgrading is to do the export again and this time select MySQL 4.0 compatibility. Then it should import fine into the older database.

The last alternative is to edit the backup file and remove SET SQL_MODE = "NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";
Keep in mind that you may run into other errors as you import.
Have you hugged someone today?
Sinnoh

Post by Sinnoh »

I have converted my SMF forum to phpBB2 and then to phpBB3, but the problem is now that some users can't login anymore.

I have looken in phpMyAdmin and saw this:

user_pass_convert = 0
and

user_pass_convert = 1
For the people with the 0 can login succesfully, but the people with the 1 can't login. After I reset this to 0, they can login.

Is there a way to change all the 1's to 0's with a script?
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Run this sql query in something such as phpmyadmin changing the table prefix to match the table prefix for your board

UPDATE `phpbb_users` SET `user_pass_convert` = '0'
Sinnoh

Post by Sinnoh »

It worked, and now it's just a matter of time if my members can login without getting a screen that they have to fill in a verification code.

For my two users I have reset it myself, but they still couldn't login, so I have reset their password. Is there a way (if it doesn't work now) to reset all passwords?
fakeDecoy

Post by fakeDecoy »

I ran the converter and the users and groups do show up. I also ran the password converter beforehand.

Members aren't a member of any groups. I have 3 groups based on post count - Lurker (0), Newbie (1) and Member (5). The post counts did convert properly. I logged in as a user and checked his permissions and he isn't a member of any groups, though he can successfully post.

Also, on the Group Permissions Control page in the admin panel, all the columns are empty. I clicked the Advanced Mode link to show the View, Read, Post, Reply, etc., settings for each forum, and it looks like there are supposed to be buttons or something in each box? But they're all empty, so I don't have a way of modifying those settings. All I can do is change it to "is moderator" or "not moderator". Same thing if I edit an individual user.

I haven't looked over the rest of it closely yet, but I'm able to modify other settings fine and make posts.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

fakeDecoy ,

With phpBB2, you cannot have groups based on post counts unless you add a MOD.

On the Group Permissions Control page in the admin panel, all the columns will be empty unless you make the forums private. You should probably take a look at the [urhttp://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/2.0/]phpBB Userguide[/url] and see how groups work.
silverbreeze

Post by silverbreeze »

I have searched this thread and others, but cannot find a solution to my problem.

My former forum is gone, poof, no longer exists. However, I do have an sql database backup/dump.

Using Xampp, I have installed phpMyadmin, Mysql, phpBB2 on my XP home computer. All is well at http://localhost.

Using phpMyadmin, I have imported the data from my former forum into the phpBB_ database. All tables can be viewed.

I have installed the Converter properly, the page opens, but I cannot get it to connect to localhost/phpbb and perform the conversion. "Could not find path to your former forum."

The "Destroy" function works perfectly, deleting the old forum tables and leaving the empty phpBB_ tables. And yes, I can easily import the deleted tables again from the backup file.

EDIT---Sorted the above, converter starts, then stumbles:
---------------------
SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1' at line 3

SELECT tblThread.Thread_ID, tblThread.Message FROM tblThread LIMIT 4070, -1
---------------------
MySQL client version: 5.0.45

Any advice gratefully received!

--Bob, in Dublin
bikerjeg

Post by bikerjeg »

I tried converting my smf 1.1.3 forum to phpbb2 using the converter, but I get an error. It keeps telling me the database prefix to smf does not exist. How do I solve this issue and did anyone else have a similar problem?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

silverbreeze,
I don't know what line 3 is being referred to. I do know that this convertor does work on MySQL 5.0.x

Are you using the common UCS files that are included with my convertor? smf 1.1.1 convertor

bikerjeg wrote:I tried converting my smf 1.1.3 forum to phpbb2 using the converter, but I get an error. It keeps telling me the database prefix to smf does not exist. How do I solve this issue and did anyone else have a similar problem?
The SMF tables need to be in the same database as the phpBB2 tables.
bikerjeg

Post by bikerjeg »

@ Dicky

I followed your suggestion but I still get the same error:
"No tables found. Please check your table prefix and try again."

I'm using the table prefix smf_ and I have added the smf tables to the phpbb database

what am I doing wrong?
fakeDecoy

Post by fakeDecoy »

D¡cky wrote:fakeDecoy ,

With phpBB2, you cannot have groups based on post counts unless you add a MOD.

On the Group Permissions Control page in the admin panel, all the columns will be empty unless you make the forums private. You should probably take a look at the [urhttp://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/2.0/]phpBB Userguide[/url] and see how groups work.
Got it, it was indeed a misunderstanding on ranks and groups. The SMF groups were actually being made into both ranks and groups in phpBB2 on conversion, so I deleted the groups and it's the way it should be now.
bikerjeg

Post by bikerjeg »

can anyone help? I still can't get the converter to work for smf 1.1.3. any help would be very much appreciated.
fakeDecoy

Post by fakeDecoy »

bikerjeg wrote:can anyone help? I still can't get the converter to work for smf 1.1.3. any help would be very much appreciated.
Did your export your SMF tables and import them into the phpbb database? That's one thing you need to do that I don't think it mentions.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

bikerjeg wrote:@ Dicky

I followed your suggestion but I still get the same error:
"No tables found. Please check your table prefix and try again."

I'm using the table prefix smf_ and I have added the smf tables to the phpbb database

what am I doing wrong?
Thee are only two possible reasons for this happening. Either your table prefix is not smf_ or you do not have the smf tables in the phpBB database.

Does your phpBB board work? Be sure that the smf tables are in the database that the phpBB board is connecting to.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”