[SUPPORT] SMF 1.1.1 to phpBB2

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: [SUPPORT] SMF 1.1.1 to phpBB2

Post by ric323 »

You are probably running into a timeout restriction applied by your host.
If you can run it locally, why not just do a backup of the phpBB databse on your local PC, and restore that backup to your real board?
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
Corovus

Post by Corovus »

That sounds wise. Maybe that could work but atm i dont know how to import just a set of Tables into my existing "online" Database, because there is no Import-Button (on my local PhPmyadmin page i got that button)?!

Edit: i found the import Button (little bit hidden).

I think the easiest way is to do a full Backup of my "online" Database; import to my Local ; do the conversation; export local ; import online - right?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

phpMyAdmin usually has a very small upload limit. When you go to the import screen, it will give the size limit. I have seen it range from 2MB to 50MB. If your filesize is larger than the limit, use BigDump to do the import.
Have you hugged someone today?
Indrit

Post by Indrit »

Can someone pleasee help me find the LINK to download the SMF to phpbb2 converter?

Rgds,
Indrit
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

The link to download this convertor is in the first post of this topic. Might I suggest that you convert to phpBB3 using SMF 1.1 to phpBB3 Convertor. Support for phpBB2 will be ending on 1 January 2008, plus phpBB3 is a much better board software.
redneck-up

Post by redneck-up »

can someone help me. I keep getting this when I try to convert

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_config() (previously declared in /home/content/r/e/d/redneckup/html/forum/attach_mod/attachment_mod.php:83) in /home/content/r/e/d/redneckup/html/forum/convert/functions_convert.php on line 1226
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

You could try removing the call to get_config() in attachment_mod.php, but since the convertor does not convert attachments and is meant to work with a vanilla installation of phpBB2, it is best to remove the attachment MOD and do the conversion with an unmodded phpBB2 installation.
Meados

Problem with accents

Post by Meados »

I converted my board from sfm to phpbb 2, but now words with accents display "?"

For example Tópicos show as T?picos.

I think its because encode.

Can someone help me? Thanks.
Bl0ckH3ad

Post by Bl0ckH3ad »

D¡cky wrote:This is an outgrowth of the 1.0.x smf convertor.

The most important thing is to RTFM. The readme file included with the convertor contains all necessary instructions to run the convertor.

Download: Version 1
I am running smf 1.1.7 on two sites. I needed one convert to phpbb 2.0.22 lol omg. I then need to combine that db with a prior phpbb 2.0.22 installation, of which there were 30 members with matching users as well as matching topics... ugh. All this so I can now convert that to Nuke-evolution to make things easier :lol: :lol:

Long and short of it is, I somehow got your mod to work first shot. Though I could not log in as any of 4 dummy users nor the admin. I backed up what I had and tried again several times but for some reason or other I could not again get it to connect the db's. I then tried a drop and install of a prior backup that had not yet been tampered with and was still not able to get it to find the db root path (same path).Having read that smf encodes a one way md5 encrypted serial I decided to replace it with my phpbb serial in the Sql file (replace all) and re-import it which worked. :D I don't know why it worked the first time but not again.. sorry :|

Long and short is YOU my are awesome .. thank you for this mod!!

-Bl0ckH3ad

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”