[SUPPORT] vBulletin 2.x -> phpBB 2.0.x converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:03 am

Matthijs a few posts ago wrote: Hi everyone.

For my study I will be doing a traineeship in Australia. Because of that, I will not be around here for quite some time, probably until Feb 2004.
I like to think that all possible problems with my converter have surfaced some time in the past and that each and every one of you having problems should be able to fix any problems with the solutions and info in this topic.

For your convenience, I made a little script which might help with any path define errors you might encounter.

So if you have a problem, FIRST read the FAQ (first post of this topic) and if that doesn't give you a satisfactory answer, read through the other posts in this topic. Most likely someone has had a problem similar to yours and it has been fixed.

You may try email support for urgent matters, but do not expect to get fast answers, or even answers at all.

Please don't reply to this topic unless you have a new and pressing error, that has not been discussed before, so everyone will be able to read this statement.

I'll be back.
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info

MikF

Post by MikF » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:59 pm

Matthijs wrote:
MikF wrote:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Unable to find phpBB includes.
Check the path defines.

What you could try is putting the FULL path name in the phpBB path define (on your harddisk). So instead of '../phpbb/' something like 'c:\wwwroot\phpbb\' (be sure to use single quotes, or you have to use double backslash \\), paths could be (not sure, never used PHP on WinXP) casesensitive, so be careful. If you can't get it to work, use my converter (at) matthijs.net emailaddress for support, so this topic doesn't get filled with questions.

Many thanks; this works just fine.

btw its double \'s so like this in convert.php:

Code: Select all

define('PHPBB_PATH', 'c:\\php\\phpbb2\\');
thanks,

Mik

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:24 pm

Matthijs a few posts ago wrote: Hi everyone.

For my study I will be doing a traineeship in Australia. Because of that, I will not be around here for quite some time, probably until Feb 2004.
I like to think that all possible problems with my converter have surfaced some time in the past and that each and every one of you having problems should be able to fix any problems with the solutions and info in this topic.

For your convenience, I made a little script which might help with any path define errors you might encounter.

So if you have a problem, FIRST read the FAQ (first post of this topic) and if that doesn't give you a satisfactory answer, read through the other posts in this topic. Most likely someone has had a problem similar to yours and it has been fixed.

You may try email support for urgent matters, but do not expect to get fast answers, or even answers at all.

Please don't reply to this topic unless you have a new and pressing error, that has not been discussed before, so everyone will be able to read this statement.

I'll be back.

I, Brian

Post by I, Brian » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:26 am

As vBulletin 3 is only a beta, people looking to convert to phpbb shouldn't at all be updating from vBulletin 2.3.x to 3.0.0 beta x. People should use some common sense in that regard.

PS:
Matthijs wrote:
Matthijs a few posts ago wrote:Hi everyone.

I'll be back.

SlickVision

Post by SlickVision » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:22 am

OMG, you are AWESOME, thank you sooo MUCH!!!!!!! ... awesome..oh...btw

AWESOME!

VIRGEL66

Post by VIRGEL66 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:55 pm

Hmm I have the same problem as a user had on the second post in this thread but it did'nt seem to be resolved heres hoping it has been now.

ERROR: Unable to insert user 10000036

After you have located and fixed the error, reload this page to continue the conversion process.

Debug information:
Line: 1667
SQL: INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests)
VALUES ('10000036', '1',, '',
MySQL Error: 1062 :: Duplicate entry '8388607' for key 1

if I remove a user i just get the next one and so one any ideas?

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:11 am

VIRGEL66 wrote: ERROR: Unable to insert user 10000036

WTF? How many users do you have? [edit] First thought it may be an issue regarding INT overflow, but after inspecting the manuals of both PHP and MySQL, it seems those do not kick in until well after 2,000,000,000 users.

I have NO idea why MySQL is converting the obviously right 10000036 into an existing user_id. It must have something to do with overflow... Maybe you can remove the quotes around the ID in the query, but I doubt that would help. Anyone else have any ideas?

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:27 am

BTW, just came across this solution for those of you wanting to use a more up to date version of the attachment MOD with your converted board. As soon as I have the time, I will update the attachment converter to support the latest version of this MOD, with all it's features.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 481#885481
[Populate attachment quota users script]

I'm still not able to give proper support, see my previous statement. Please keep requests to a minimum and try to solve it yourself first, with the data in this topic.

Sk187

Post by Sk187 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:13 pm

Matthijs wrote:
mrlee wrote:Is it possible to only convert the sql file without having the vBulletin installed?

Well... there might just be a way around it:
- Import the SQL backup into your database
- Create a vB config file (admin/config.php)
- Get the vB mysql class file (admin/db_mysql.php)
- Put phpBB in /phpBB/
- Set path defines to "./", "./phpBB/" and "http://www.yourhost.com/phpBB/"

That should work. Check your PM's.

Ok I need to do the same thing but keep getting this error when I attempt to run the converter.

"Unable to fetch vBulletin options"

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:36 pm

Sk187 wrote: Ok I need to do the same thing but keep getting this error when I attempt to run the converter.

"Unable to fetch vBulletin options"

This error indicates that the vBulletin database is (partly) missing. Are you sure that the configuration options set in the vb/config.php file are pointing to the correct (vB) database and all vB tables are in place.
I will need more information to help you any further. If it isn't working, please contact me through email (converter (at) matthijs (dot) net).

P.S. I'm back from my trip to Australia and support should be normal again. But be sure to check the FAQ and solutions in this topic before asking your questions.

Sk187

Post by Sk187 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:45 am

mathijs

having a big problem, i did a test conversion of vbb to phpbb a few days ago and everything went perfect. However, today when i did the real conversion i Ran into some interesting problems.

check out http://www.btnhonline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=61766

to see what i mean - tables are not aligned half way down the page and its calling for random pictures and things of that sort.

Please help asap my board has 7-10000 members and there getting anxious.

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:07 am

Your phpBB board seems down now: config table not found.

From your description it could be a problem with custom (non-standard) user-titles or smilies. Can't be sure without actually seeing the problem though.

Email me at converter (at) matthijs (dot) net for futher help.

lilripsta

Post by lilripsta » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:26 pm

^^^^^to this post^^^^^^

the actual link is now

http://www.btnhonline.com/btnhboard2/vi ... hp?t=57114

the other link ist pointing to a diffrent (empty) db

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:47 pm

Problem is an illegal smilie. Go into the admin panel, check the current smilies and remove the one that seems wrong (like a single space, or empty, of a dot or something like that).

That will most likely solve the problem.

lilripsta

Post by lilripsta » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:12 pm

thank you very much. we will try to fix it and reconvert.

thank you for quick support.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”