[SUPPORT] vBulletin 2.x -> phpBB 2.0.x converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:12 pm

No need to reconvert, just removing the smilie in the converted phpBB board will most likely fix everything.
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info

exahertz

vbb to phpbb 2 converted but very slow

Post by exahertz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:36 am

i recently had a web client convert from vbb to phpbb. Problem is phpBB is totally bogging down the server. The database itself was about 100MB at the time of the conversion and vbb would hold 100-200 active users without problems w/ about 6,000 registered. Currenly the board is at 30-40 active users and the load on my server is much higher than it has been in the past, just from his site. The machine is a 1.7ghz P4 w/ 1GB of memory, so I think the problem is deeper than that.

Any suggestions? Is it possible the conversion went bad and now the PHPBB database is corupted and hanging up. The forum appears to work fine with the exception of it being slow.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Re: vbb to phpbb 2 converted but very slow

Post by Matthijs » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:47 pm

I don't think that you problem is conversion related. For some setups phpBB 2.0.x seems to be slower than vB. Make sure you use template caching and read through http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=135383 if things still are not better.

ngamer2k4

Post by ngamer2k4 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:46 am

I get:
ERROR: Unable to find phpBB includes.
Check the path defines.
anyone got any ideas? my code is:

Code: Select all

define('VBULLETIN_PATH', './');
define('PHPBB_PATH', './forums');
define('PHPBB_URI', 'http://www.n-advanced.com/forums/');
Mike Froseth
CEO/Founder
Nintendo Advanced
http://www.n-advanced.com

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:26 am

Did you read the FAQ? Guess not, otherwise you would have been able to solve this yourself. The phpBB path has to be RELATIVE to the vBulletin path, so probably '../forums/', but I can't guess it from your variables.
Also, you may use http://www.matthijs.net/phpbb/converter_support.php to figure out the correct path defines.

avis2004

Post by avis2004 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:52 pm

Hi!

rest all worked fine but stopped at indexing at 150 :(

why ?

Thanks!

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 pm

avis2004 wrote: why ?

Because your server probably doesn't allow setting the time-limit of script execution to infinity.
FAQ wrote: I get timeout errors or the script stops in the middle of the process
Enable the FORCE_SAFE_MODE define (set it to '1'). Even though you are not running on safe_mode, this should stop the script timing out.
If you still get timeouts, you should also lower the SAFE_MODE_BATCHES define (integer values only!).
As a last resort, you can manually edit

$batchsize = 150;
to something lower, like 100. This piece of code is located at line 2843 of convert.php.

Please also read the rest of the FAQ, so you also know about how to resume the script without having to re-run all steps. The reason I wrote this FAQ is so I don't have to answer the same question 100 times... :roll:

blobbybot

vbulletin 2.3.2 converter?

Post by blobbybot » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:38 am

i tried using the converter version 1.33 and got as far as converting POSTS when it seemed to have just quit on me.

i don't get any message so i don't know if it's a timeout or an error, is this the right converter to begin with? it says it's for 2.2.x and not necessarily for 2.3.2.

i have 150k posts i want to convert to phpbb but this is getting a little fustrating.

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Re: vbulletin 2.3.2 converter?

Post by Matthijs » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:57 pm

blobbybot wrote: i don't get any message so i don't know if it's a timeout

Probably, since otherwise you would have gotten an error message. Your PHP configuration prohibits the unlimited execution time and does not warn you when it is reached.
Following the instructions for SAFE MODE with regard to timeout problems will most likely work.
blobbybot wrote: is this the right converter to begin with? it says it's for 2.2.x and not necessarily for 2.3.2.

Yes, it works for all 2.x.x versions of vBulletin, as noted in the FAQ, located in the first post. Any references to 2.2.x date back to pre-2.3.x (as this version has not changed since 2.3.x)

If you have any other problems, please feel free to use my support email address with specific information.

blobbybot

Post by blobbybot » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:53 am

thanks that seems to be working.

hotch

Post by hotch » Sun May 23, 2004 1:59 am

Okay... I have the wierdest problem... ever...

Here are my forums:
http://climbdown.net/

When I run: http://www.climbdown.net/convert.php
it redirects me to http://www.climbdown.net/install/install.php

What?
sam hotchkiss
joeyville forums
http://climbdown.net/

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Sun May 23, 2004 12:08 pm

hotch wrote: Okay... I have the wierdest problem... ever...

Okay, from some trying out, I've learned that you copied the phpBB2 files into http://www.climbdown.net/phpBB2/
The problem you have is caused by the fact that you haven't installed the phpBB forum yet. It must be installed and working, before you try the conversion.

So: click on the link to go to your phpBB installation and follow the on-screen installation instructions. After completing them succesfully (also see documentation that came with phpBB and the articles on this site and forum) and verifying your phpBB forum works, run convert.php again.

chette

Converting to phpBB 2.0.10

Post by chette » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:49 am

I used the Matthijs' vBulletin 2.0/2.2 Conversion Tool to convert VBulletin 2.0.2 to phpBB 2.0.10. Although it initially gave an error (that I should install the latest version of phpBB, which I actually did), I went ahead and ran the script nevertheless.

There seem to be no problem running the script. I'm still curious though if anyone has ever tried the script with phpBB 2.0.10, and if there are any issues I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Xtreme Duelist

Post by Xtreme Duelist » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:03 am

That's because it looks for phpBB 2.0.4, not 2.0.10

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:11 pm

Xtreme Duelist wrote: That's because it looks for phpBB 2.0.4, not 2.0.10

Not entirely true, it actually tries to look for a version equal to or later than 2.0.4:

if ( $board_config['version'] < '.0.4' )
However, for 2.0.10 this lazy check does not work anymore, because for PHP the string '.0.10' is actually seems to be smaller than '.0.4'. Until I update this, please ignore this message. Thanks for the info.

The converter works perfectly for ALL latest versions of phpBB, including 2.0.10.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”