[SUPPORT] vBulletin 2.x -> phpBB 2.0.x converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
newbie123_ky

Post by newbie123_ky » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:18 pm

hi everyone! i've converted the vb database to phpbb and uploaded it to the server, etc. but the subforums somehow dont show up in the phpbb forum.. when i check the database in myphpadmin.. the subforums are there.. anyone kno how i can solve this? thxxx

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:28 pm

Maybe you should read the FAQ (see the first post in this topic)?
Matthijs in FAQ wrote: After the conversion, there are no forums on the frontpage
Your vB installation did not have categories or there where forums without a category. After adding a new category in the phpBB admin area, the forums will appear and everything will work.
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info

thepixeldog

Post by thepixeldog » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:27 am

i am converting my board to phpbb using the converter and got this error -

Converting Search Wordlist
* Fulltext Indexing ( 486601 to 486700 ) ::
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site111/fst/var/www/html/forum-migrate-t0-phpbb/convert.php:360) in /home/virtual/site111/fst/var/www/html/forum/v2/includes/sessions.php on line 188

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site111/fst/var/www/html/forum-migrate-t0-phpbb/convert.php:360) in /home/virtual/site111/fst/var/www/html/forum/v2/includes/sessions.php on line 189

DEBUG INFO:

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_search_wordmatch.MYD'. (errno: 145)

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 486601, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ...

Line : 251
File : /home/virtual/site111/fst/var/www/html/forum/v2/includes/functions_search.php

can someone assist me in getting this error fixed? thanks.

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:04 am

thepixeldog wrote: SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_search_wordmatch.MYD'. (errno: 145)

Looks like your disk is full and/or MySQL database quota is exceeded. Search tables are pretty big when you have lots of posts.

nergrum

Post by nergrum » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:27 am

Hey, im using the latest PHPBB 2.0.15 and need to convert a vb2x version to it. This script says my phpbb is out of date, which it isnt since its latest. Is this converter still being worked on to support the latest phpbb?

I rant his converter anyways to see what would happen. It would almost perfectly except when i go to group permissions in Phpbb, i cannt select what forums the group can access. No drop down box present, even under the advanced tab.

P.S. if this convertor is no longer being developed, does anyone know of another active project that will convert from vbulletin 2x to latest phpbb 2.0.15

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:55 am

Sounds like it has worked then. The group permissions are only visible if that forum has been set to PRIVATE for one or more of the permissions within the forum permissions
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:44 pm

From the very first ost of this topic,
Matthijs wrote: ----- FAQ -----
I have phpBB 2.0.10 or higher, but I get 'Your phpBB version is incompatible with this version of the converter.'
This error message is incorrect. The conversion will work fine, just ignore the message. I will release a fixed version of my converter in due time.
The databases for 2.0.15 and 2.0.10 are basically the same. The convertor will work just fine for the newer versions of phpBB.
Have you hugged someone today?

nergrum

Post by nergrum » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:37 pm

Well I feel like an idiot for not realizing that. Thank you for your reply

googledance

Post by googledance » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:02 am

we converted fromVB2.3.3 to PHPBB 2 but now the forum cat are not visible, i had many cat earlier but now we donot have any.

all other works fine, i tried to log in admin panel still cannot using my admin id and password.

Help me please.

Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:07 am

The forums/cats problem is probably easily fixed from the admin-panel (see also the FAQ in the first post).

You should be able to login to the phpBB forum using the Admin account from the vBulletin forum. The phpBB admin account you created during the installation of phpBB is deleted with the conversion. Email me with details if you're still unable to get in the admin panel: converter (at) matthijs (dot) net

Cevastyan

Post by Cevastyan » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:47 pm

Hi... i have only one question. I was reading this topic searching for something but i couldnt find it or any info about it. Just a post of 2003 saying that the vb 3 convertor was available in BETA version.
I Just wanted to know if the final version of Vb 3.0.x convertor to PhpBB2 2.0.17 is available already??

Thanks for your time and help!

Best,

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:59 pm

There is no vb3 convertor available yet. I am working on one, should be available soon.

Cevastyan

Post by Cevastyan » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:20 pm

Thats Great!

Thanks a lot! :)

fatmike

Post by fatmike » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:30 pm

Hi!

I have a problem when i'm starting the convertation from vbulletin 2.3 to phpbb 2.0.18.
First everything works fine but then the following error is displayed all the time:

Code: Select all

Converting Search Wordlist
* Deleting existing wordlist :: OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 1 to 30 ) :: .......................... OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 31 to 60 ) :: .............................. OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 61 to 90 ) :: .............................. OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 91 to 120 ) :: .............................. OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 121 to 150 ) :: ............................ OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 151 to 180 ) :: .............................. OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 181 to 210 ) :: .............................. OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 211 to 240 ) :: .............................. OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 241 to 270 ) :: ........................... OK
* Fulltext Indexing ( 271 to 300 ) :: ..............
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/kunden/webs/pn0020/board/includes/functions_search.php on line 66
i have already reduced the '$batchsize = 30;' setting and 'define('FORCE_SAFE_MODE', 1);'

what else can i do to convert properly?

thank you

FatMike

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:44 pm

If it were me and the rest of the conversion went fine, I would use the Rebuild Search Index tool, http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/434

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”