From Phpbb3 to Phpbb2

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Nextas

From Phpbb3 to Phpbb2

Post by Nextas »

Hi All.

I need Converter. From Phpbb3 to Phpbb2
Me very need convert From Phpbb3 to Phpbb2
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: From Phpbb3 to Phpbb2

Post by KevC »

There isn't one and I can't say I've seen anyone working on it either.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Nextas

Post by Nextas »

Me very need convert to phpbb2 :cry:
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Why? Did you start a fresh site on phpBB3 or was it a conversion?
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Nextas

Post by Nextas »

My phpbb3 forum very lag... Me need convert to phpbb2
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Works fine for me. The index is a little slow but that could be the 300k banner image or the stack of ads and counters you have at the bottom of the page.

The bottom line is, there is no 3>2 converter.
emma1989

Post by emma1989 »

This can be done quite easily. I wrote a script which can do this but it is actually in 2 parts, thouhg if anyone needs a conversion phpBB 3 RC or gold > phpBB 2.0.22 I can do that :)
Emma - phpBB forum owner - consider me a "noob" :?

A good friend of mine is looking for phpBB Developers / Gurus for major new phpBB based project - check it out if you're interested! :)
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

emma1989 wrote:This can be done quite easily. I wrote a script which can do this but it is actually in 2 parts, thouhg if anyone needs a conversion phpBB 3 RC or gold > phpBB 2.0.22 I can do that :)
In the spirit of opensource software, would you mind sharing the script? :)
🇺🇦 Made in Ukraine, exported to the USA 🇺🇸

Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
tvon

Post by tvon »

emma1989 wrote:This can be done quite easily. I wrote a script which can do this but it is actually in 2 parts, thouhg if anyone needs a conversion phpBB 3 RC or gold > phpBB 2.0.22 I can do that :)
thats what i need. i simply cannot stand the cookie issues i've been having with phpbb3. any way to get off this damn version!
pixelbat

Post by pixelbat »

I could really use this bad. Got a site I'd like to revert back to 2.0.22. Going back is easy, as we have a backup from 12/21, however we'd lose any post since then. I'd much rather convert the current 3.0 db back to 2.0.22 if possible :|

Emma, I don't suppose you're willing to share your convertor :)

or if anyone has a convertor to go from 3.0 to 2.0.22 please contact me on AIM or post here. My AIM is Xmiah. Thanks.
Jaz

Post by Jaz »

It would be great if I could convert back to phpbb2 2.0.22 from phpbb3 3.0.0 as I'm having all sorts of sessions/cookie problems which are stopping me using the ACP. I've tried various suggestions but nothing works - if I can get back to v2 I can either keep it running like that until a solution for my problem is available or convert to other forum software if it can't be fixed.

Please share your script if you can :D
Legoless

Post by Legoless »

I wrote a small script that might be helpful to people here. It's not perfect, I spent like 30 minutes writing that, hehe. You can read more about it here: http://www.arvystate.net/e107_plugins/c ... content.30

Best regards,

Legoless
raptown

Post by raptown »

Same problem here!! Way better is version 2 for me. Could someone post if Emmas script do the job? I´m trying to go back from Gold to phpbb2 latest version. Thanks!
angelmlewis

Post by angelmlewis »

Legoless wrote:I wrote a small script that might be helpful to people here. It's not perfect, I spent like 30 minutes writing that, hehe. You can read more about it here: http://www.arvystate.net/e107_plugins/c ... content.30

Best regards,

Legoless
I tried using this. I was able to add the information I need and it did do the conversion but only did the 1 post repeatedly. Welcome to phpbb 2.

So I moved the folder for the conversion to the phpbb 2 forum that I had created. I was able to fill in all the information, then it also gave me drop down boxes to choose from for the post and all. Still did the Welcome to phpbb 2.

After 3.5 months of using the phpbb 3 with portal, members tell me how they miss the Nuke Platinum over the phpbb 3 portal. I have few new members which I can add my self but several hundreds of post I need to convert to the phpbb 2.

Has someone tried this and can you give me on how you did it. Which folder to place the converter files and such. Thanks

Angel
[RTS]BN+VS*

Post by [RTS]BN+VS* »

I'm searching for a converter from phpBB3.x to phpBB2.0.23, so I can upgrade my board to Categories hierarchy 2.1.6h. Can anyone recommend something?

Cheers,
BN

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”