The converter is now available. Click here to download it (or see the attachment). Please read through these instructions before proceeding with the convert process. There are some useful tips at the end under "Errors".
* CONVERTER INSTRUCTIONS *
Below are eight simple steps to convert your Activity Mod Plus (v1.1.0) to the Arcade Mod (v2.2.0). It is of great significance that you follow the steps in order... Furthermore, out of everything listed here, "Step 1" is the most important!
Special thanks to "nneonneo" at phpbb for creating this converter.
- Backup your phpbb & Amod Plus files and backup your phpbb database. Do NOT proceed until you complete this step.
2) Create a new database
- Run the "convert_amod.php" file (which will copy & convert the Amod tables from your phpbb database to the new database)
- To run the converter, upload the file to your phpbb directory then go to: /yourphpbb/convert_amod.php
4) Export New Database
- Using phpMyAdmin, Export the new database that was populated by the converter.
5) Uninstall Amod
- Completely uninstall A-mod Plus
- Uninstall via the ACP
- Remove Amod Plus files from website
- Remove the edits from the phpbb files
- Ensure all Amod Plus tables have been dropped from your phpbb database
6) Import New Database
- Using phpMyAdmin Import the new database (that was populated by the converter) into your phpbb database
7) Install Arcade Mod
- Install the Arcade Mod v2.2.0 per the installation instructions (edit phpbb files as stated and upload the files from the mod). However, if you see the "Install" link in the ACP, do not click it... this means you may have skipped Step 6.
- If the file edit instructions are not included with the v2.2.0 download, follow the edits in v2.1.8. However only use the files from v2.2.0
- Go to the ACP... Under "Version" select "Upgrade" (to v2.2.0) and click the Upgrade link.
* ERRORS *
Header Already Sent
- After uploading the files from the Arcade Mod v2.2.0 you may receive a "Header already sent..." error. Proceed with step 8. After completing Step 8, Refresh you browser (you may need to open and close your browser).
- Immediately after completing Step 8 you my receive a "Duplicate entry..." database error. You can safely disregard this.
- You may receive a "phpbb_ina_leaders..." error upon accessing the Arcade after your upgrade process is complete. The fix for this was posted here
- After the upgrade process is complete, upon a new user registering, you may receive a "games_block_pm..." error. The fix for this is posted here
- For more assistance with the Arcade Mod go to: http://www.phpbb-arcade.com/index.php