Paying: Conversion/Update Script For Arcade Mod & Amod Plus

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
keith10456

Paying: Conversion/Update Script For Arcade Mod & Amod Plus

Post by keith10456 »

Paying Job

I am looking for someone to write a conversion/update script for the Arcade Mod and the Activity Mod Plus (Amod).

For the most part, the script would update/convert a person from Amod to the Arcade Mod.

From what I read here (from those that know these mods best) the Challenge and Betting features from Amod would be lost. That is fine with me.

The most important things, I need:

A) The game info retained (installed/converted)
B) Members to retain their scores

Even though this is a paying job. I still want this script available for free to all so feel free to post for download, give to the Arcade Mod Forum, Amod Forum, etc... As I would be doing the same.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Paying: Conversion/Update Script For Arcade Mod & Amod Plus

Post by karlsemple »

As per the board rules here you are not allowed to recruit on this board and as such I am going to close this topic, Can I ask that you please read our board rules here at phpBB.com before posting further, thanks :)

Unlocked - mis-read this bit
Even though this is a paying job. I still want this script available for free to all so feel free to post for download, give to the Arcade Mod Forum, Amod Forum, etc... As I would be doing the same.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I'll do it if I can get a database copy to work from (generating a test database takes a lot of effort, and I may miss corner cases present in a real database)
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

With the help of a great code writer here at phpbb (nneonneo) and a very, very small fee we will soon have a converter that will allow people to easily switch from Amod Plus to the Arcade Mod.

Nneonneo wrote the script and I setup the test site (mods, databases, etc) for the project. We've been going back and forth with it for about a week and a 1/2 now. With the converter he accomplished way more than I expected. So far about 98% of everything is being converted over (thank you God!).

I'm going to do another round of testing on the latest version of the converter tonight. If all is well, I'll be making it available for download (for free of course) Thursday. In addition to this site, I'm going to post a download link on the other game mod sites.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

The converter is now available. Click here to download it (or see the attachment). Please read through these instructions before proceeding with the convert process. There are some useful tips at the end under "Errors".

* CONVERTER INSTRUCTIONS *
Below are eight simple steps to convert your Activity Mod Plus (v1.1.0) to the Arcade Mod (v2.2.0). It is of great significance that you follow the steps in order... Furthermore, out of everything listed here, "Step 1" is the most important!

Special thanks to "nneonneo" at phpbb for creating this converter.

1) Backup - Backup your phpbb & Amod Plus files and backup your phpbb database. Do NOT proceed until you complete this step.

2) Create a new database

3) Converter - Run the "convert_amod.php" file (which will copy & convert the Amod tables from your phpbb database to the new database)

a - To run the converter, upload the file to your phpbb directory then go to: /yourphpbb/convert_amod.php

4) Export New Database - Using phpMyAdmin, Export the new database that was populated by the converter.

5) Uninstall Amod - Completely uninstall A-mod Plus

a - Uninstall via the ACP
b - Remove Amod Plus files from website
c - Remove the edits from the phpbb files
d - Ensure all Amod Plus tables have been dropped from your phpbb database

6) Import New Database - Using phpMyAdmin Import the new database (that was populated by the converter) into your phpbb database

7) Install Arcade Mod - Install the Arcade Mod v2.2.0 per the installation instructions (edit phpbb files as stated and upload the files from the mod). However, if you see the "Install" link in the ACP, do not click it... this means you may have skipped Step 6.

a - If the file edit instructions are not included with the v2.2.0 download, follow the edits in v2.1.8. However only use the files from v2.2.0

8) Upgrade - Go to the ACP... Under "Version" select "Upgrade" (to v2.2.0) and click the Upgrade link.

* ERRORS *
Header Already Sent - After uploading the files from the Arcade Mod v2.2.0 you may receive a "Header already sent..." error. Proceed with step 8. After completing Step 8, Refresh you browser (you may need to open and close your browser).

Duplicate Entry - Immediately after completing Step 8 you my receive a "Duplicate entry..." database error. You can safely disregard this.

Error: phpBB_ina_leaders - You may receive a "phpbb_ina_leaders..." error upon accessing the Arcade after your upgrade process is complete. The fix for this was posted here.

Error: games_block_pm - After the upgrade process is complete, upon a new user registering, you may receive a "games_block_pm..." error. The fix for this is posted here.

More Assistance - For more assistance with the Arcade Mod go to: http://www.phpbb-arcade.com/index.php
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Attached is an updated version (1.0.4) of the converter. The download link in my previous post contains the updated script.
Attachments

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Attached is an updated version (1.0.5) of the converter. The download link in my previous post contains the updated script.

After converting to the Arcade Mod from Amod Plus, you may notice that some of your "Highscores" are not synched (the 'Highscores' link is not showing). To re-sync the games:

Ensure that the "All Time High Scores" option is actived. Then for each game that the link isn't showing, simply click the "All Time..." link - it will then show the "High Scores" link upon going back to that page.
Attachments

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”