UBB 5.x to phpBB 2.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
webwarrior

Post by webwarrior » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:08 am

so no-one has a solution to my problem? :cry:

astrophp

Post by astrophp » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I do manage a UBB Version 5.38e, with approx. 2000 registered users and approx. 200.000 msg.

At this time I don't know how to convert my forum to the 5.47 version, does anyone know if I have a chance of success to convert my forum directly from UBB V. 5.38e to phpBB 2.0.6 ?

If not ... does anyone have a path to help me to convert my forum from V5.38e to V5.47 ?

Thank you by advance ...

JP

tidefans

can I convert only members?

Post by tidefans » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:28 pm

I am interested in converting only my members from one server to a new server.

The question i have is this:

Is it possible to copy only my "Members" folder from my old UBB 5.x server to my new server and then run the conversion program?

Thanks in advance for your help.

IanL

Post by IanL » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:55 pm

thats one of the first things it does. I forget the exact order, but it either copies the members, or copies the forum names. So just run the program and then after it has copied the member names you can stop there. If it does copy more then just the members, you can easily delete the forums it copies.

sapro

Post by sapro » Mon May 02, 2005 2:44 pm

Graham wrote: GUI, I've just been doing a conversion using this convertor, and before I start ripping the code apart to locate the error myself, I wondered if this meant anything to you? It's occuring once for each message that is converted, so I'm assuming it to be related to smilies or something like that?
Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /public_html/talk/convert/DB.php on line 325

Did this question get answered? I seem to have a lot of these as well.

mindjet

DB Error: Not found

Post by mindjet » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:03 pm

I am trying to use the convert tool and I made it through all the settings verifications and when I hit next I get the Db Error: Not Found...

I have version 5.47a of UBB and trying to go to phpbb 2.0.16.

Any help someone can suggest?

Samsational

Post by Samsational » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:26 pm

sapro wrote:
Graham wrote:GUI, I've just been doing a conversion using this convertor, and before I start ripping the code apart to locate the error myself, I wondered if this meant anything to you? It's occuring once for each message that is converted, so I'm assuming it to be related to smilies or something like that?
Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /public_html/talk/convert/DB.php on line 325

Did this question get answered? I seem to have a lot of these as well.

I know this is a really old thread but I just tried this and am getting the same error

dcaster

UBB 5.32 > phpBB conversion problem

Post by dcaster » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:27 pm

I know this is a really old thread, but I've just tried to convert UBB v5.32 to phpBB with GUI's converter package and am having some problems.

The members & forum titles all moved over with no problems, and the messages conversion process ran for several hours reporting success at every page refresh, so I was shocked to find when logging into my phpBB that none of the messages seem to have moved over.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to change something in my BB config to get it to look for the tables that the script created (named phpBB_xxxx)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

b0blee

converting 5.46

Post by b0blee » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:59 am

I've been trying to convert a UBB 5.46 system that's been very active since 1999. It has about 6000 members and 750,000 topics.

First thing I encountered was that PHP 5.2.0 (Universal binary on an Intel Mac) doesn't like the $HTTP_POST_VARS and $HTTP_GET_VARS globals. I had to change them to $_POST and $_GET respectively.

There are other error messages generated by the code. Bad array indexes, mostly. There are places where a string is expected and a DB_result is handed instead. I imagine that this wasn't an error in PHP 4, but it's a problem now.

I get the impression that GUI isn't around anymore, and I really only have one more day to do this or punt. At this point it's cleared my data including the admin account. I made the mistake of backing up the database from the ACP, assuming I'd be able to access it later if necessary. OOPs.

I'm a Java programmer by trade, and this is my first real experience with PHP and MySQL. Sort of a busman's holiday. Any help would be appreciated.

b0blee

error in code

Post by b0blee » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:09 am

I get 1461 messages from Forum1 imported, and then PHP bombs with this message:

Code: Select all

[Thu Dec 28 21:55:04 2006] [error] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Object of class DB_Error could not be converted to string in /Volumes/MyBook/www/bb.steelguitarforum.com/convert/messages.php on line 164 
Here are lines 163-164 from messages.php:

$sql = "INSERT INTO ". $table_prefix ."posts (  post_id,    topic_id,    forum_id,    poster_id,    post_time,    poster_ip,    post_username,    enable_bbcode,    enable_html,    enable_smilies,    enable_sig,  post_edit_time,   post_edit_count)
                                                      VALUES ('$post_id', '$topic_id', '$forum_id', '$poster_id', '$post_time', '$poster_ip', '$post_username', '$enable_bbcode', '$enable_html', '$enable_smilies', '$enable_sig', NULL,           '$post_edit_count')"; 

With 13 variables, it's hard to know which one suddenly became a DB_Error instead of a string. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

b0blee

The solution

Post by b0blee » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:50 pm

I found the problem. Here's how to fix the above-mentioned error. In convert/messages.php, find:

if (trim ($post[8]) == 'unreg') {
			$poster_id = -1;
		} else {
			$username = trim ($post[2]);
			$sql = "SELECT user_id FROM ". $table_prefix ."users WHERE username='$username'";
			$poster_id = $db->getOne ($sql);
		} 
after that, insert:

if (is_a($poster_id, 'DB_Error')) {
	      $poster_id = -1;
		}
The problem was caused by members long gone from the UBB system. My conversion is now complete, btw. The only problems I see are some disallowed HTML in messages and UBBCodes in signatures. No biggie - we can live with that.

For the record, this was a conversion from UBB 5.46a to phpBB 2.0.22. Thanks GUI!

Anyone who wants to see it, go to http://bb.steelguitarforum.com

MatthewR13

Re: UBB 5.x to phpBB 2.x Converter

Post by MatthewR13 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Can anyone specify the order the conversion files are supposed to run in? For some reason, on members.php, instead of moving on to the next set of members to convert, it asks me to download members.php (instead of taking me to the page and starting the next set). I've found load the members.php page again in the browser and specify which record to start from it will continue the way it should.

However, I just want to make sure the rest is running in the right order. So if someone can confirm the order the rest of the conversion should run in that would be great.

Thanks!

MatthewR13

Post by MatthewR13 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:40 am

Never mind my last post. I got it all taken care of, it just needed a little hand-holding.

This is a great tool! If anyone knows someone using a UBB, convince them to upgrade to phpBB NOW!

AtlantisNet

Post by AtlantisNet » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:47 am

Does anyone have a copy of UBB5_phpBB2_converter.zip? I can not seem to access the author's site at http://gui.mafmods.com/projects/phpBB/U ... verter.zip

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:38 pm

AtlantisNet wrote:Does anyone have a copy of UBB5_phpBB2_converter.zip? I can not seem to access the author's site at http://gui.mafmods.com/projects/phpBB/U ... verter.zip
Try one of the convertors >_here_<
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”