UBB 5.x to phpBB 2.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
elaleph

Post by elaleph » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:25 pm

fen wrote: GUI,

First, you pwn for doing all this work! Just in case no-one tells you that.

Second, I had a problem. :) When I run the conversion, in each stage I get a load of errors, and they all seem to relate to single quotes. For example, a typical error:

Code: Select all

Unsuccessfully inserted record for "Merce" into phpbb_users table DB Error: syntax error
INSERT INTO phpbb_users ( user_id, user_active, username, ...  user_newpasswd) VALUES ('382', '1', 'Merce', ....  'Don\'t mess with the dead, boy, they have eerie powers.', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, '', '', NULL, NULL) [nativecode=37000 [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''Don\'t mess with the dead'.] 
I'm only approximately familiar with sql, but I'd think those single quotes need to be doubled, not escaped, right?

So assuming I'm not the only one whose board contains single quotes, I'm supposing there's something nonstandard about my board, which is ubb5.44. For one, the board runs on nix, but I'm converting on a pc. Since I wanted to do a dry run, I tarballed everything and made it local to see if things worked okay. Also, the main admin of the original ubb board is familiar with modding, and I don't know if he's done any modding on the board in question. If it helps, in the ubb data files the single quotes are stored as-is, not escaped.

That said, the conversion did work in a fashion. Users and boards were created, with the ones with single quotes. For example, user "merce" from the error above didn't make the cut. Any ideas? Or at the least, can you give me an idea whether the problem is with the conversion code or my board?

thanks again,
fen

I had the same problem with the signature field.

My solution was to remove all the single quotes ocurrences in the signature field:

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
members.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#  

$user_sig = convertBBCode (trim ($memberfile[12]), $user_sig_bbcode_uid);

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------
#  

$user_sig = str_replace($user_sig, "'", "");

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]-------------------------- 
# 
# EoM 

I hope this will work for you.

Regards,

Diego

Magick

Post by Magick » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:59 am

hi,

im brand new to phpbb and mysql and have a question i didnt see answered yet.

i currently have some forums hosted on a ubb5.46 and want to start my own phpbb forum setup. is it possible (with the admins cooperation of course) to just have the program convert my forums so i can then use them with my phpbb setup?

thanks in advance for any help or info.

Magick

Post by Magick » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:36 pm

Magick wrote: hi,

im brand new to phpbb and mysql and have a question i didnt see answered yet.

i currently have some forums hosted on a ubb5.46 and want to start my own phpbb forum setup. is it possible (with the admins cooperation of course) to just have the program convert my forums so i can then use them with my phpbb setup?

thanks in advance for any help or info.

bump - to see if this can actually be done?

has anyone done this or have any tips for me. I want to convert just a single forum from among others, from a UBB 5.46 to phpBB forums. is it possible? and if so, a basic procedure.

thank you!

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:39 pm

Whilst I'm not fully certain (as I don't know the convertor) you should be able to do this, yes. Download the convertor linked to earlier in the thread, follow the instructions for using it, and it should convert your forums for you.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

tbrown

Trouble with UBB 5.46a conversion

Post by tbrown » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:23 am

I'm having some strange trouble with my conversion from UBB classic 5.46a using the UBB 5.x to phpBB 2.x converter v1.1.0.

It starts out looking good:

Successfully converted members 1-4276
Successfully converted moderators
Successfully converted categories 1-2
Successfully converted forums 1-9

Then the strangeness starts:

Successfully converted topics 1 - 0 (0 messages) for Forum1

It sits there for a while and the database grows nicely as if it's actually importing the posts. However, after a while on each of the forums I get a few dozen errors similar to the following:

Unsuccessfully Unsuccessfully opened /home/www/flash/data/ubb/Forum1/COUNTS/000592.counter
Unsuccessfully Unsuccessfully opened /home/www/flash/data/ubb/Forum1/COUNTS/000589.counter
Unsuccessfully Unsuccessfully opened /home/www/flash/data/ubb/Forum1/COUNTS/000593.counter

After all 9 forums have been imported, I get a reassuring message:

Conversion Successful - The selected items have been imported.

However, when I log in to phpBB there are no users, forums, posts, or anything that I imported. If I click on Forum 1 and hit Refresh then the number of posts increases to about 2800 (although there were 102047 posts in UBB forum #1) but you still can't see any of them.

The database has about 31 MB in it, and even the phpBB admin screens confirm that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
-Tom

j t

Post by j t » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:47 am

GUI wrote: CMT: "Thanks man... I wish I could do something back..

;) :P

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

I had to poke and prod a bit at the UBB messages before everything went clean (the messages -- not your converter -- had various problems) but I succeeded in converting 250MB of message board.

My donation isn't as much as your converter is worth, but it's something. :)

Thank you!
-- jt --

GUI

Post by GUI » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:17 am

A big thanks for the donation. :)

And I apologize for the lack of any real development. I've just got so much stuff going on now. Maybe eventually I'll swing back into this project to refine it some more, but maybe not. I'm such a slacker. :p :/
Hard work may not kill you, but why take chances?

j t

Post by j t » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:55 am

If you're looking for ideas on new features... the ability to append to an existing board would be nice.

Of course, since I'm converted already, it doesn't really matter for me, does it? :wink:

-- jt --

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:15 am

GUI, I've just been doing a conversion using this convertor, and before I start ripping the code apart to locate the error myself, I wondered if this meant anything to you? It's occuring once for each message that is converted, so I'm assuming it to be related to smilies or something like that?
Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /public_html/talk/convert/DB.php on line 325
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Kalli

Post by Kalli » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:55 pm

Hello,

when i start converting the

Members, Categories, Forums and Moderators will convert, but with the MESSAGES i get an INTERNAL SERVER ERROR : Error 500

Can anyone help me?

Sorry for my bad english

CU
Kalli

kikimu

Post by kikimu » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:20 pm

thanks!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

yuri777

Post by yuri777 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:59 am

Hi
I have a few UBB 5.43a archives i would like to import into PHPBB 2.0.4 / 2.0.6.
Is there any way the converter can be modified to do this?
Thanks

IanL

5.45c on win2k3 to phpbb

Post by IanL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:29 am

Hi all,

i have an existing ubb 5.45c http://www.barbarasher.com/ubb. I just wanted to know if this converter will work on a win2k3 machine with a ms sql database?

I havent installed phpbb before so this is all new for me. I'm going to try getting phpbb installed and working and then i'll try the converter. Just hope it works under windows.

thanks

dffcom

Type of ubb.x dump

Post by dffcom » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:07 am

What type of eve/ubb.x dump should I do so as to import into phpbb.
Options are mysql, csv, xml etc. Also there is a max file size for importing set at 51,200kb on the mysql database where phpBB is. I know my database that i'm trying to convert over to phpBB is larger than that. BTW infopop sucks.

IanL

Post by IanL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:49 am

I just tried running the converter on my ubb 5.45c and i ran into an error while it was importing the users. This error repeats it seems for every user. There are a little under 7000 users. I didnt count to see if there are 7000 errors on the page

Unsuccessfully inserted record for "xxxxxx" into phpbb_users table DB Error:
INSERT INTO phpbb_users ( user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES ('2', '1', 'xxxxxxx', 'zzzzzzzzzzz, '0', '0', '0', '1082437261', '0', '0', '0', NULL, NULL, '', '0', '0', '0', NULL, '1', NULL, '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', NULL, '0', 'sallyray@verizon.net', '', '', 'long beach, ca USA', '', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, 'Making a living without a job', '', NULL, NULL) [nativecode=The statement has been terminated.]

Any idea what happened here? The login i am using for this ms sql database has owner rights on the database. Its the same login i used to set up phpbb

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”