UBB 5.x to phpBB 2.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
IanL

Post by IanL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:02 am

I also noticed one other error at the top of the one i first posted:

Unsuccessfully inserted record for anonymous user into phpbb_groups table DB Error:
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_id, group_type, group_name, group_description, group_moderator, group_single_user) VALUES (1, 1, 'Anonymous', 'Personal User', 0, 1); [nativecode=Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'phpbb_groups' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.]

I searched the boards and the only thing i could find related to IDENTITY_INSERT dealt with installing phpbb and involved modifying a .sql file ... which i cant find and considering these posts were over a year old i'm assuming its something that was fixed.

Anyone have any idea whats going wrong? i read through all the posts on this thread and it doesnt look like anyone else had a problem like this.

It is obviously accessing the mssql database because it is wiping out the existing information. In this case its just the single admin login i created. After i try running the conversion and get the above errors, the single login is gone. And it says on the mebers.php page that it successfully cleaned out various phpbb_ tables.

IanL

Post by IanL » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:52 am

IanL wrote: I also noticed one other error at the top of the one i first posted:

Unsuccessfully inserted record for anonymous user into phpbb_groups table DB Error:
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_id, group_type, group_name, group_description, group_moderator, group_single_user) VALUES (1, 1, 'Anonymous', 'Personal User', 0, 1); [nativecode=Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'phpbb_groups' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.]

Ok i fixed this by editing the convert/members.php file. I edited line 40 so that where it starts saying "INSERT INTO ... " it now says:

"SET IDENTITY_INSERT ". $table_prefix ."groups ON; INSERT INTO ..."

and at the end of the same line, i added:

SET IDENTITY_INSERT ". $table_prefix ."groups OFF;"

But i'm still having problems inserting members. It seens that the field user_emailtime cant be null. Thats the error i am getting when i run the query in query analyzer.

So i changed the database to allow nulls in that field which is easier for me right now since i'm not familar with php and didnt want to try and figure out how to check for a null value and replace it with a 0 or something.

now most of the users import although i still get some errors, most/all of which seem to be for unclosed quotations. Seems that it is using a backslash to escape the quotes instead of justing using a 2nd quote. I think i saw someone else post on here about that problem as well.

What i wound up doing was any place in the members.php file where it was using addslashes, i replaced that with str_replace

the correct format for using that (as someone else already pointed out) is

str_replace("'", "''", string)

In most cases it'll look something like str_replace("'", "''", trim ($memberfile[2]))

In case thats not clear, its dbl quote single quote dbl quote, dbl quote single quote single quote dbl quote, string

" ' ", " ' ' ", string

The import is running right now on my board and so far its up to 1700 users with no errors, so hopefully its importing the users correctly now. I'll have to see what errors come up when importing the actual forums.

Graham
Former Team Member

Re: Type of ubb.x dump

Post by Graham » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:23 am

dffcom wrote: What type of eve/ubb.x dump should I do so as to import into phpbb.
Options are mysql, csv, xml etc. Also there is a max file size for importing set at 51,200kb on the mysql database where phpBB is. I know my database that i'm trying to convert over to phpBB is larger than that. BTW infopop sucks.

You need a SQL dump.

Any further queries, the thread for the UBB.x convertor is here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=ubb
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

webwarrior

Post by webwarrior » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:51 pm

I tried your converter and I get this message:

Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /home/fishingm/public_html/forum/convert/DB.php on line 325

and then in RED I get

Unsuccessfully opened /home/fishingm/public_html/ubb/Forum1/000269.cgi
Unsuccessfully Unsuccessfully opened /home/fishingm/public_html/ubb/Forum1/COUNTS/000269.counter
Unsuccessfully opened /home/fishingm/public_html/ubb/Forum1/000270.cgi
Unsuccessfully Unsuccessfully opened /home/fishingm/public_html/ubb/Forum1/COUNTS/000270.counter
Unsuccessfully opened /home/fishingm/public_html/ubb/Forum1/000481.cgi

Any help would be appreciated!!

IanL

Re: Type of ubb.x dump

Post by IanL » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:43 pm

Graham wrote: You need a SQL dump.

Any further queries, the thread for the UBB.x convertor is here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=ubb

that thread only applies if you are using the newer version of ubb and if its running on a datatbase. at least thats what it seems to me. The version i had, 5.x uses plain text files to store all the information so there is no way to get a database dump unless there's a script which will read the txt files and parse them. Or if you upgrade to the newer version of ubb, which would be pretty pointless to do if you are trying to move it to phpbb :)

webwarrior

Post by webwarrior » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 am

So can anyone help me???? :? :?:

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:03 am

IanL, that was a response to a particular question earlier in the thread.

If you have UBB 5.x as you do, this is the correct convertor for you
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

webwarrior

Post by webwarrior » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:14 pm

so is there anyone out there thats familiar with that error message????

Antrax

Post by Antrax » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:53 am

Link is dead again. Does anyone have it and can send it over?

Tom Lewandowski

UBB to phpBB Settings Questions -- Problems

Post by Tom Lewandowski » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:12 pm

Can someone help me?

I'm trying to convert from UBB v5.42 to phpBB 2.0.7. The CONVERT utility recognizes my UBB settings without a problem. My problem comes in understanding what is meant by the phpBB Settings:

Database Hostname: I assume, this is my domain name? ...which is queststudios.com. Is this correct?

Database Name: I haven't any idea what this is referring to. How do I find out the database name? Is this asking for an "absolute path", URL, filename, directory?

Database Username/Password: Is this the Login and Password I used when I installed the phpBB? Or, is this the login and password to access my domain server?

I'm presently getting these errors when I complete the "phpbb Settings" section: (The username and password have been altered in this text.)

phpBB Settings Verification

Unsuccessfully connected to database DB Error: connect failed
[nativecode=Access denied for user: 'tom@queststudios.com@zebra.xyzdns.net' (Using password: YES)] ** mysql://tom@queststudios.com:xxpassworkxx@queststudios.com/

As I mentioned, the CONVERT utility identifies the UBB settings as being setup properly, but I'm lost as to what is exactly being asked in the phpBB Settings area, which is why -- I'm sure -- it's failing.

IanL

Post by IanL » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:53 pm

the phpbb uses a database to store all the information. ubb stored everything in plain text files so there was no need for a database. in order to use phpbb you have to have some sort of database running and set up.

database hostname is the name of the machine that the database is running on. could be the same name as your domain or could be something else, depends on where the database is running.

database name a database server can have multiple databases. database name is just the name of one of the databases - which ever one is set up to be used for your phpbb install.

database user/pass the username and password used to log into the database. it can be whatever you choose it to be or whatever your database administrator sets it to be.

Phpbb can use a variety of databases.... i'm pretty sure its listed in the requirements or installation notes. I would contact your system administrator/isp and see if they have one you can use. Otherwise, you can look into using something like mysql or postgresql, both of which are free database servers that work with phpbb.

Tom Lewandowski

Post by Tom Lewandowski » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:26 pm

Thank you for your reply. This clears things up somewhat.

Tom Lewandowski

Post by Tom Lewandowski » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:38 pm

UBB Classic v5.42

I was able to finally connect to my database, and the UBB and phpBB Settings are all correct. The Converter utility ran. However I seem to have stumbled onto a problem during the conversion of some forums and all messages. My member list converted fine. However, none of the posts were converted, and the Converter states the following:
Warning: file(/home/quest/public_html/qsmb/forums.cgi): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/quest/public_html/forum/convert/forums.php on line 11

Unsuccessfully opened /home/quest/public_html/qsmb/forums.cgi

Unsuccessfully opened /home/quest/public_html/qsmb//Forum/forum.threads
This error may occur if the forum is empty. If this is the case, disregard this error and continue

Non-fatal errors were encountered during the conversion process. You may either go back and try to resolve these issues or you may continue.

Any suggestions?

IanL

Post by IanL » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:33 pm

one thing i noticed, there are double slashes qsmb//Forum

maybe thats causing the problem.

also, when i converted my forum, a small percentage of posts didnt get imported ... less then 1 percent.

Antrax

Post by Antrax » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:22 pm

There's a bug in the converter - users who have an apostrophe in their name cause the converter not to convert their posts.
Antrax

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”