Proboards/Invisionfree/ActiveBoards converters

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
psywildfire

Re: Proboards/Invisionfree/ActiveBoards converters

Post by psywildfire »

Check your PMs. Thanks!

-WF
sherkas

Post by sherkas »

Is there no proboards converter anymore? Its not listed in the zip file anymore
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

It was removed by request of Proboards.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Viggy

Post by Viggy »

I keep getting a wrong name error when I try to import the SQL files. Something like "Incorrect table name" with the categories SQL file. What should the names be in each file?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Did you check table_prefix to make sure it is right? It defaults to "smf_" which is probably not what you want.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Viggy

Post by Viggy »

its not smf. I think I did the right conversion and everything, but the name says invisionfree is the wrong name when I go to import.

#1103 - Incorrect table name 'z11.invisionfree_forums'

so I tried renaming the s11.invisionfree part that's continually listed in the file ( INSERT INTO `s11.invisionfree_categories` ) to the name of the SQL database and a few other things but no luck. What should it be named?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The table prefix needs to be the same as the one you installed phpBB with.
Viggy

Post by Viggy »

I've been attempting to upload the files and all the prefixes seem to be messed up. Every time I fix one another one pops up. Like recently I got this error:

#1146 - Table 'Databasename_forum.phpbb_posts_text' doesn't exist

Which is somewhere in the document of the topics and posts sql file. I have nothing named like that in the database I'm working with either. I am trying to put this on a phpbb3 version and i changed the prefixes to phpbb which seemed to work except for random parts like the example above which it can't find.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

With the Invisionfree converter, since there's no phpBB3 conversion, you need to install phpBB2, upload the SQL, then upgrade to phpBB3 to finish the conversion (are the instructions unclear? let me know so I can fix them)
Viggy

Post by Viggy »

oh ok, makes sense. I'll give that a shot. Directions are probably fine, I just didn't notice it probably.

thanks

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”