Proboards/Invisionfree/ActiveBoards converters

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
nneonneo

Re: Proboards/Invisionfree/ActiveBoards converters

Post by nneonneo »

That was two bugs in one: failure to correctly handle quotes (I escaped them twice, by mistake), and "oopsie" in putting the email conversion after the url conversion (should be the other way around, of course :P)

Fixed.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

pjf123

Post by pjf123 »

Hi nneonneo,

I may have found what's behind another little issue I've seen with the topics today. The script runs in fine and the topics are created.

But the page layout when viewing some topics goes a bit mad. Half the page content is crammed to the left in a quote box and then half way down the topic it switches to being in the right half.

Checking today showed that all the topics that did this the post at the point it switches from left to right contained the use of a quote box where the person being quoted is named. In InvisionFree these sort of quotes are created by viewing an existing post and pressing the quote button to create a reply with a quote already included along with the name and time of the post being quoted.

Normal quotes (that I don't believe cause a problem) seem to use the following HTML syntax :

Code: Select all

<br><!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->TEXT TEXT TEXT<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->  </div></div>
The ones possibly causing the issue use the following HTML syntax with the extra info about the user id and post time being quoted:

<div class="row1" style="padding:6px"><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteBegin-Paul+Feb 27 2008, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Paul &#064; Feb 27 2008, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->TEXT TEXT TEXT</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br> <br><!--QuoteBegin--></div>
Hope that's enough info to go on, shout if you need anything else or would rather I emailed or PM'd.

Cheers

Paul.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

REF: phpBB3

I noticed that you'd updated the scripts but now I'm a bit confused with what to put in settings.py

Let me explain. The site I want to move was abandoned by the one and only admin about 2 years ago, the site has still been used and now needs a serious update so with the concensus of the site being that we have to move to get back functionality and configurability. So we don't have access to an admin account (yes I know that we can't then copy across the emails but that's something we'll chase up after the final migration)

Can I then just confirm that you can still use a NON-admin account/password?

Also unlike the original script which required each board shortname and ID I take it the script now just goes sequentially and you don't have to specify the board/shortname/ID if the board has no password???

Kymmy

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

OK, I understand now... the forums/catagories are now stripped off into thier own SQL file that needs running as a query first, also a non admin can be used so that's OK.

I have come up with a problem though. All BBcodes get corrupted by the addition of a colon followed by an 8 bit hexadecimal number. It's happens on [QUOTES], [/QUOTES], [img],[/img], [URL]..etc.... and probably others.... I'll cut paste a few examples below

[/quote:c3291e8d]text[/quote:c3291e8d]
[quote:aa97f148="USER"]TEXT[/quote:aa97f148]
[img:885f64b5]http://www.x.com/x.jpg[/img:885f64b5]
[url=http://www.x.com/]TEXT[/url:c535ca08]

That is the only issue I can find.

[UPDATE} Not sure if it'll help but when you go to edit one of these posts with the faulty BBcode it automatically corrects it as you open the post by pressing the EDIT button.

Kymmy

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Ehh? For 2.0, the hex numbers correspond to BBCode UIDs, which should not be visible unless I've done something very wrong...

For 3.0, you need to run the BBCode fix script, which is posted at
http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... 648#p47648. It will resynchronize BBCodes, since it was something I am unable to do with the new bbcode_bitfield thing.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

It was for phpbb3 and just before you replied I found the code (Yes I know I really should RTFM!!! :p)

Ran the latest script and now everythings fine. So as far as I'm concerned the Proboards to phpBB3 script runs well and with no bugs apart from that the instructions still reference creating the fourms manually in phpbb3 and then doesn't say about running the catagories_forums.sql query though I did download the script a few days ago...apologies if it's been updated by now.

ThanX Kymmy

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Thanks for letting me know about the Instructions file. I will update it accordingly.

Bird-Kid

"Error: Topic is empty!"

Post by Bird-Kid »

hi all

i recently tried to convert our invsionfree board to phpbb v2/v3 - however, topics_posts_phpBB.py keeps claiming "Topic is empty" @ any topic id :(
what i got in settings.py:

#!/usr/bin/python

# ---GLOBAL SETTINGS---

# Prefix of your forum tables
table_prefix='forum_'

# Make this value at least as high as the highest topic ID, if not higher. You can check by making a new topic and seeing what the showtopic= value is. Making it higher provides some protection against new topics.
NUMTOPICS=2300

# PLACE COOKIE DATA HERE.
# Visit the forum, login and type "javascript:document.cookie" (w/o quotes) into the address bar. Copy all the text to COOKIEDATA and put single quotes (') around it.
COOKIEDATA='ibetterkeepthisundermyhat:P'

# URL to your index.php file
# for invisionfree, this should be
# http://z<number>.invisionfree.com/<boardname>/index.php
# note the "z": if you use "s" members will fail and topics will not be attached to the right board
URL='http://z9.invisionfree.com/Div_A_S_S/index.php'

# ---TOPIC AND POST SETTINGS---

# IDs of stickied [pinned] topics. The pinned status is only retrievable by a mod from within the topic data (because they can "Unpin" it, otherwise the pinning is invisible). This script attempts to locate the Unpin, but if you are not a moderator or higher you will have to set the sticky/pinned topics setting manually!
# Example: sticky=[1,2,3,5]
sticky=[3,9,21,26,36,54,78,101,126,132,194,240,218,278,414,423,466,654,481,509,727,753,759,829,953,1112,1147,1260,1277,1291,1335,1351,1358,1359,1366,1367,1370,1371,1628,1687,1707,1708,1798,1823,1841,1883,1997,2028,2047,2048,2050,2054,2055,2067,2068,2078,2151]

# URL to the lock/closed topic image (the image that appears instead of "Post Reply" in a closed topic)
lockimage='http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1903/closedok1.gif'
also, i received a copy of our database, so: is there any converter which allows me to convert that file into a phpbb v2/v3 compatible version?

if possible, may someone support me via instant messenger (accepting msn/wlm, yim, xfire, icq, aim [don't prefer latter]) ?

thx,
- bird-kid
Last edited by Bird-Kid on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

if you have a backup of your Invisionfree database, you can use this to convert to phpBB2, Invision 1x convertor
Have you hugged someone today?

Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

D¡cky wrote:if you have a backup of your Invisionfree database, you can use this to convert to phpBB2, Invision 1x convertor
i know thx, tho .. therefore i need to upload our IF backup (.sql file, 30MB) via MyPhpAdmin - however, i'm not allowed to do so; file is too big :(

so, as soon as possible i'll contact the server support, asking for permissions to edit php.ini

so, just in case, I wondered what I might have done wrong, but thx anyway! :mrgreen:

- Bird-Kid

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Bird-Kid wrote:i know thx, tho .. therefore i need to upload our IF backup (.sql file, 30MB) via MyPhpAdmin - however, i'm not allowed to do so; file is too big :(

so, as soon as possible i'll contact the server support, asking for permissions to edit php.ini

so, just in case, I wondered what I might have done wrong, but thx anyway! :mrgreen:

- Bird-Kid
It is not very likely that your host will do that. You can use BigDump to import your file.
Have you hugged someone today?

Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

D¡cky wrote:It is not very likely that your host will do that. You can use BigDump to import your file.
unfortunately you r correct

however, he suggested me to use mysqlsumper just some hours ago
but badly, I can't connect to mysql/phpmyadmin right now :cry:

so i'll just keep trying and inform you l8 ;)

thanks4replying,
bird-kid

[edit]
meh, nothing is working .. I'll open a 'pls-i-need-help'-topic l8 :cry:

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I know it's a bit late for this, but I did manage to correct the bug which prevents the topics from being correctly converted -- it turns out that my naive assumption that < and > are not allowed in names is false, which turned out to cause problems on nearly every topic in which certain people had posted.

I'm a little surprised that _every_ topic came up blank; that might indicate something wrong on your end (using your exact settings.py, and the posted version, most topics failed conversion, either with an "Empty!" or "convert_error.log" message; however, a couple smaller topics came through fine)

After appropriate testing and making sure it doesn't break things backwards, I will post the updated version (sorry it couldn't help you, but thanks for the feedback!)

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

Not sure if it's the latest script but suddenly just a few days before our migration my test migrations are coming up a problem.

When I migrate I do all the resyncing and then on viewforum.php I get the following for user and date/time (see attached pic)
id/date/time error
id/date/time error
phpbb3.gif (20.1 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
I first thought it was the mods I did pre-migration test but then tried it with a fresh db/install and got the same.

Any help please??

Kymmy

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I forgot to set a few of the topic fields, which results in some missing data on phpBB3. I just fixed it, and now I am testing. As soon as I am done, I will upload it and let you know.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”