Proboards/Invisionfree/ActiveBoards converters

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
nneonneo

Re: Proboards/Invisionfree/ActiveBoards converters

Post by nneonneo »

There, everything should be fixed now with the most recent version.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

Thanks, will give it a test ASAP :)

Kymmy

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

Test completed.

Only one more problem that seems related to the last one.

Topic creation user is still defaulting to GUEST
Image1.gif
Image1.gif (26.83 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Kymmy

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

I firstly tried phpmyadmin and it wouldn't let me do the queries so I tried the command line although I am using windows the basics should be the same.

Code: Select all

mysql DATABASENAME --user=DBUSER --password=DBPASSWORD < FILE.sql
Obviously you need to fill in the CAPS sections with whatever you're doing

Kymmy

Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

overall it's working :D
when i first ran topics_posts_phpBB.py (which took 6524 seconds...) the file topics_posts_phpBB.py hasn't been created :x pah
members_phpBB.py worked just fine
now i just re-tried topics_posts_phpBB.py with 24 topics - works, .sql file was created :?

however, i might have found an issue: posts made by guests disappeard; if a topic was started by a guest, his topic can be seen in forum list, plus u c that a guest started the topic; but when u view that topic, all u c r the posts made by registered members

also, another thing: when u post a topics on IF, u can set topic title + description; phpbb2 doesn't support such a function and all topic descriptions were lost; any chance u can set the converter to mix topic title+description? :idea: So e.g. a topic of the title "Hi all" and a description like "i'm new here" would be converted to a 'phpbb2-usable topic' with the title "Hi all - i'm new" or "Hi all • i'm new" :?: just a thought :mrgreen:

sincere thanks,
bird-kid

ps: the problem posted by Kymmy 3 posts above doesn't appear on my board - works just fine :|
pss:
nneonneo wrote:I forgot to set a few of the topic fields, which results in some missing data on phpBB3. I just fixed it, and now I am testing. As soon as I am done, I will upload it and let you know.
i guess i'm correct in the assumption that this converter still converts to phpbb2 only, no?

edit: also, all email r gone :(

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

@Kymmy: Whoops, that one slipped through.

@Bird-Kid: Make sure you made the following profile adjustments:

Before you begin, make some settings that will make life easier:
In your IF control panel, Board Settings, change each of these settings to "No":
Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?	
Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?	
Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?	
Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new personal message?	
Open Fast Reply automatically when available? *

Change each of these to 90:
Number of posts to show for each topic page	
Number of topics to show for each forum page
Those should only affect your account, so it won't disrupt others. A good deal of the script relies on certain cues in the HTML, which don't come through if these settings aren't made.

I have uploaded new versions of the converters (in Invisionfree, I fixed a tiny bug relating to HTML in usernames).

As for the descriptions and such: I'll work on a way to get those in. The InvisionFree converter is phpBB2 only.
Emails are not visible in Invisionfree, so that's why they are not converted. This is something I can't fix, unless you can find a way to make the emails of all users visible...
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

testing it now.

ThanX Kymmy

Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

nneonneo wrote:@Bird-Kid: Make sure you made the following profile adjustments:

Before you begin, make some settings that will make life easier:
In your IF control panel, Board Settings, change each of these settings to "No":
Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?	
Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?	
Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?	
Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new personal message?	
Open Fast Reply automatically when available? *

Change each of these to 90:
Number of posts to show for each topic page
Number of topics to show for each forum page
Those should only affect your account, so it won't disrupt others. A good deal of the script relies on certain cues in the HTML, which don't come through if these settings aren't made.
ehm, i already did that :?
nneonneo wrote:As for the descriptions and such: I'll work on a way to get those in. The InvisionFree converter is phpBB2 only.
alright :mrgreen:
nneonneo wrote:Emails are not visible in Invisionfree, so that's why they are not converted. This is something I can't fix, unless you can find a way to make the emails of all users visible...
:| aww yup... [yoda] right, you are, ..uff.. unfortunately right, you are [/yoda]

also, as i noted in my previous post: after my second try with topics_posts_phpBB.py the SQL file was successfully created; third one ( which took 7563s btw :shock: ) just finished successfully; but.. although i didn't change any settings the first try ended unsuccessfully :?

however, everything works fine; badly emails and old passes r gone now but meh :cry: i got the posts :mrgreen: thx again ;) :P

best greetings,
bird-kid

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

Great work,

Can't find anything wrong with it... (apart from the upper case BB on the file members_phpBB3.sql when all the rest are lower case :p )

We're gonna do our final migration now and I'd like to thank you from all at XTZ750.com for all your work on this.

BTW, if we did want to send some token of appreciation do you have a PAYPAL address???

Kymmy

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

@Bird-Kid: OK, good to hear it is all working correctly. I should see if I can find out why the script failed the first time, but it's quite likely that I won't be able to find the answer so easily :-\

@Kymmy: Good to hear. If you find anything amiss at all, please let me know :)
I have PMed you some further information.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

OK, one more problem...

The PM_PASSWORDS script starts OK then just closes down. The only output is a single waiting 17 secs message and nothing more.

Kymmy (stuck in mid migration :p)

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

That would be because I put the wrong pm_passwords.py in the archive... :oops:

Fixed that now.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy »

nneonneo wrote:That would be because I put the wrong pm_passwords.py in the archive... :oops:

Fixed that now.
ThanX again. It's working now though I wish it was faster :) Just hoping that PROBOARDS do NOT have limits on their PM outbox's

Kymmy

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I wish it were faster too. A long while back, I remember admins were allowed to send PMs very quickly (no waiting time), but now it seems they changed that policy.

Anyway, it amounts to about 200 users per hour, so, unless you have a *really* big forum, this is probably fast enough.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”