Translator Tool (Easy Translation Management)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

Are you sure you copy-pasted the entire code into the new file?
Also, be sure not to use something like 'view source' or 'safe as' since that will not work. Just press CTRL+A and CTRL+C in your browser window (with the syntax highlighted code) and CTRL+V it into an empty file called translate.php. If it doesn't work, it must be your PHP installation.
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info
romihaitza

Post by romihaitza »

As server I use on Windows, phpTriad. I copy+paste whitout any modifications your code.
All the best,
Mike

My latest MOD : Second WebSite
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

romihaitza wrote: As server I use on Windows, phpTriad. I copy+paste whitout any modifications your code.

Well... I have no idea what causes this. I know there is no problem with the code, as it works for everyone else. Must be this Windows installation... Sorry, I can't help you out :(
romihaitza

Post by romihaitza »

Thanks anyway.
All the best,
Mike

My latest MOD : Second WebSite
biocyberman

Translate tool work fine but can't save correctly

Post by biocyberman »

Hello everybody!
I used the translation tool. I worked fine! But after that I canot save that translation correctly.
I translated English to Vietnamese (unicode UTF-8). My saved lang_main.php vietnamese version can't be displayed correctly. I have tried different editors (Ultraedit32, SourceEdit, wordpad). When I save lang_main.php in code UTF-8 and then run the forum in vietnamese version.
I got this error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\language\lang_vietnamese\lang_main.php:1) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 489

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\language\lang_vietnamese\lang_main.php:1) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 491

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\language\lang_vietnamese\lang_main.php:1) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 492
Please tell me what to do. Great thanx
I am weak, not you!
barathee

Post by barathee »

Warning: Unknown(/var/www/html/phpBB2/translate.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/phpBB2/translate.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php/:/usr/share/pear/') in Unknown on line 0

--------------
what does it mean. I dint get anyother message.
Please help me to do better.

-pandian
kikimu

Post by kikimu »

Thanks for the great tool!!!
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Re: Translate tool work fine but can't save correctly

Post by Matthijs »

biocyberman wrote: I got this error

You probably have an empty line at the end of your language file (lang_main.php). Make sure that

?>
is on the last line and does NOT have a return (linefeed) after it.
barathee wrote: failed to open stream

probably server-restrictions on the fopen() or file() functions of PHP. No workaround, other than changing permissions.
borre2004

translating a few things/fields

Post by borre2004 »

Hi.
In trying to translate the legend of the translate in the userprofile called "Interest", and Occupation".

Everything else have already been translated into what I like, but I havent been able to find the file containing the naming of those fields.

Im unsure if I can use this tool if I only want to change those two fieldnames? (I dont wanna write all the other danish word again)

Is this the right tool for me, I have tried but it doesent seem to work - or can someone help me - tell which files I have to change to change the naming of the fields.

Tanks!
borre2004

Howto: only reg. users cand see profile?

Post by borre2004 »

I only had to change the fields in lang_main.php

So that was easy.
Sorry to bother

But then - is it possible to prevent unregistred users from viewing the profile? How/where do I set that up
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Do I have to fill in every single field with the desired language :?
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

This tool is for translating phpBB into a language that does not yet exist (for a complete list of all existing languages, check the download page).

For a translation to be complete and work, you have to translate ALL text messages in phpBB from English into the new language. Starting from a partially completed file works too (see previous posts).

Make sure you need to use this tool and are up for a translation job. Also, check the translation FAQ by psoTXF in this subforum.
vtuu

Post by vtuu »

I got problems with some error below:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dhcd/forum/language/lang_vietnamese/lang_main.php:1) in /var/www/dhcd/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dhcd/forum/language/lang_vietnamese/lang_main.php:1) in /var/www/dhcd/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dhcd/forum/language/lang_vietnamese/lang_main.php:1) in /var/www/dhcd/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/dhcd/forum/language/lang_vietnamese/lang_main.php:1) in /var/www/dhcd/forum/includes/functions.php on line 763

Vietnamese Use UTF-8 but i dont know what should be entered in 'Encoding' so I entered as 'UTF-8'.
Help.
Second, I dont know what 'ltr' mean? help me plz
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

vtuu wrote: ...UTF-8...
Second, I dont know what 'ltr' mean? help me plz

For UTF-8, you should make sure that there is NOTHING in front of the

<?php
at the beginning of your lang_*.php files. See also another topic in this forum about UTF-8 and 'header already sent' errors.

LTR = Left To Right (for languages that read from right to left, like Arabic, this sould be RTL)
RedRaven

Post by RedRaven »

I`ve tried it and it works really great! Any chance of version to the translation of phpBB 2.2?
Norwegian phpBB support team

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”