Translator Tool (Easy Translation Management)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

RedRaven wrote: I`ve tried it and it works really great! Any chance of version to the translation of phpBB 2.2?

Since 2.2 is not released yet and because of 2.1 being alpha ATM, there are likely to be changes in the language files, I don't think we're in need of a tool like this very soon. In due time, I may look at altering it to work with 2.2, mainly because I will have to use it myself :)
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info
Teknikal

Post by Teknikal »

he he. I don't need this tool as I can make all with my own hands....meaning, translate :)
:: DarkCore Junglist ::
NickInUse

Post by NickInUse »

I've created another tool for beginning a new translation or updating an existing one, it can be found @ http://www.ofmy.info/ (phpBB2x board translation maintenance interface).
Does the lang_admin.php, lang_bbcode.php, lang_faq.php, lang_main.php files.
NickInUse

Post by NickInUse »

now it supports also translation of the file attachment mod
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

Looks good... would you like me to include a link to your script in my first post of this topic?
NickInUse

Post by NickInUse »

ok, if it helps someone
make CODE, not war!
ahlai_oun

same problem utf-8

Post by ahlai_oun »

I took me awhile to install an additional forums. I have one for English and one for Khmer (Cambodia) sharing the same database. My language encoding is UTF-8 also.

I set the language to Khmer in the config on my second board. I can not see the correct word or my language at all.

I downloaded a different lang pack Arabic and uploaded into my second board to test it out, but I can't see the Arabic language either. They are all in English to me.

Please help.

thanks.

Matthijs wrote:
vtuu wrote:...UTF-8...
Second, I dont know what 'ltr' mean? help me plz

For UTF-8, you should make sure that there is NOTHING in front of the

Code: Select all

<?php
at the beginning of your lang_*.php files. See also another topic in this forum about UTF-8 and 'header already sent' errors.

LTR = Left To Right (for languages that read from right to left, like Arabic, this sould be RTL)
"He who ask is a fool for five minutes, but he who doesn't ask is a fool forever."
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

You should change the languge in your profile. The default language you set in the admin panel is only for users that are not logged in or register AFTER you've installed this new language pack.
ahlai_oun

Post by ahlai_oun »

oh thanks. :D

i got it now. I tested with the Arabic language...i don't know what it is saying. :)

But i have the problem of viewing my language.

I tried with the encoding...

Code: Select all

km_KH.UTF-8
UTF-8
km
KH
khmer
khm

do you know where i can get the EXACT encoding?
thanks again.
"He who ask is a fool for five minutes, but he who doesn't ask is a fool forever."
Malo-net

I have a problem with your tool

Post by Malo-net »

Hello everybody. please excuse my poor english. When I try and open your file, here's what it shows :
// Version 1.1.0 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Customize these variables to your situation /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// $phpbb_root_path = "./"; $phpEx = "php"; $translate_from = "french"; $translate_to = "breton"; // at present only 'main' and 'admin' are supported $translate_file = "main"; $input_size = "70"; /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ?>
phpBB 2.0 Language Translation Tool
"; print ""; @reset($lang_from); while ( list($key, $value) = each($lang_from) ) { if ( is_array($value) ) { while ( list($key2, $value2) = each($value) ) { $value2 = htmlspecialchars($value2); $translation = htmlspecialchars($lang_to["$key"]["$key2"]); $name = $key . "__" . str_replace('.', '_', $key2); $class = ($translation != '' ? '' : ' class="red"'); print "\n"; } } else { $value = htmlspecialchars($value); $value = str_replace("<br />", "<br />
", $value); $strlen = ($lang_to[$key] != "" ? strlen($lang_to[$key]) : strlen($value)); $rows = floor($strlen / $input_size) + 1; $translation = htmlspecialchars($lang_to["$key"]); $class = ($translation != '' ? '' : ' class="red"'); if ( $rows > 1 ) { print "\n"; } else { print "\n"; } } flush(); } print "
$value2
$value
$value
"; print "
"; print ""; } else { $file = file($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $translate_from . '/lang_' . $translate_file . '.' . $phpEx); $file_text = implode('', $file); while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)) { if ($key != 'submit') { if ( strpos($key, '__') ) { list($first, $second) = explode('__', $key); $second = str_replace('_', '.', $second); $variable = "\$lang['$first']['$second']"; } else { $variable = "\$lang['$key']"; } $variable = preg_quote($variable); $search = "/(".$variable.") \=[ ]+'(.*)';/"; $file_text = preg_replace($search, "\\1 = '$value';", $file_text); } } print "\n"; print "

Copy-paste all text above into notepad, save it and upload to the right dir."; } ?>

There are also a few fiels that haven't been copied...
Malo-net

Excuse me

Post by Malo-net »

Excuse me, now it works. In fact I hadn't brought it on my server.

But it didn't load what I had began to traduce !

It was the "main.php" in the "lang_breton" dir (yes... I'm trying to translate phpBB in breton).

Do I still have to write the \ before the ' with your tool ?
Malo-net

Excuse me for the 2nd time

Post by Malo-net »

Excuse me for the 2nd time. I hadn't brought the "lang_breton" dir on my server...

So, in fact I just have the question about the / before the '
vinko22

Post by vinko22 »

Matthijs wrote:
Avril Lavigne wrote:i dont know how to use it!!!!! What do i do?

Copy-paste the PHP code into a file called translate.php in your phpBB root dir. Edit the PHP file so the $translate_from and $translate_to are correct. Open translate.php in your browser and it will give you a translation editor. Can also be used to edit/add to half-done translations and change existing ones.
Kellie

Forum translation software

Post by Kellie »

I am using Hurricane Website Translation Server on my forum at www.freelaw.com.au.

Just click on one of the flags and the site (including forum) will be translated into that language. Because the software sits on your server it works in real time and you can change pages as often as you want without having to have them translated each time. So all posts are translated all the time.

If you want to get something professionally translated, it also gives you the option to use translation memory for certain paragraphs and these are used throughout your site meaning that you only need to pay for the professional translation once.

Best of all google indexes the translated pages. Do a search for freelaw in www.google.jp for only sites in Japanese and www.freelaw.com.au will be the first listing even though the site has not been physically translated!

Better still the google adsense ads appear in Japanese.
Maarten2

Post by Maarten2 »

Hi all, does anyone know if I can use this tool with phpBB Mambo? I need to know what URL to call.

If it isn't possible, than perhaps you can answer my original question: I've translated several strings which are used for sending out e-mails about new replies. The strange thing is that the mails are still sent out in English, even though the original English strings aren't in my translation anymore. The rest of my forum is translated.

Thank you for your time!

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”