eblah to phpBB converter error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
basssolo4u

eblah to phpBB converter error

Post by basssolo4u »

Hello,
I have been using eblah on a forum and needed to migrate over to phpBB. I have downloaded the eblah to phpBB converter.

I hope someone might know how to remedy this situation. I would be most grateful.

The problem I am having is when I click the button on the converter to check the conversion settings I get the following error

Warning: file() [function.file]: open_basedir restriction in effect.

File(/domains/www.domain-name.com/public_html/cgi-bin ... ettings.pl) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username/:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/) in
/home/username/domains/www.domain-name.com/public_html/phpBB/c ... v_blah.php on line 197

Warning: file(/domains/mm.domain-name.com/public_html/cgi-bin/blah/settings.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/username/domains/www. domainname.com/public_html/phpBB/convert/conv_blah.php on line 197

Checking PHP Configuration
SUCCEEDED Your server is running a version of PHP which will support this convertor

SUCCEEDED Your server is not running in safe mode. Script timeouts will be disabled for the duration of the conversion process
Checking access to e-Blah forum

FAILED Loading e-Blah settings file (settings.pl)
A fatal error has occurred and the conversion process is unable to start. Please check the information above for details of the error(s), and correct them and try again.
basssolo4u

Re: eblah to phpBB converter error

Post by basssolo4u »

A little update. I requested open_basedir enabled from our host and now I get a different error but I think I'm getting closer at running the script. When I press the check conversion settings button I now get the following error

Warning: file(/domains/www.domain-name.com/public_html/cgi-bin ... ettings.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/domains/www.domain-name.com/public_html/phpBB/c ... v_blah.php on line 197

Line 197 on the script says

if ($blah_config = file($blah_path . '/settings.pl'))

script is attached to post in a zip file . The file is conv_blah.php from the Blah_Convertor_0.1.0\convert directory
:)
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”