Please post links to multi-lingual boards.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
PeterPapas

Post by PeterPapas » Thu May 18, 2006 11:21 pm

I was looking for Armenian for my Armenian members has anything come out yet or in the process? thanks

nickleus

how to make your phpbb forum board support utf-8 encoding

Post by nickleus » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 am

Actually all you need to edit is includes/page_header.php.

change:

Code: Select all

'S_CONTENT_ENCODING' => $lang['ENCODING'],
to:

Code: Select all

'S_CONTENT_ENCODING' => 'utf-8',
if you only edit what fozza said to do in overall_header.tpl, then your topic review preview will still be messed up...(fozza, just curious, why did you say it was necessary to edit the overall_footer.tpl too?)

My multi-lingual forum board is The World Phrasebook Forum.

Skuzzie

Re: Please post links to multi-lingual boards.

Post by Skuzzie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:21 am

Heya, as result of this, I wish to mod my forum in order to support several languages other than english, along with english included as the main language. Here is a copy of the link to my forum: http://mb01.site-forums.com/index.htm?s ... cb6aa25075.

Now what I wish to have is at the top somewhere (prob above the announcements section), is a drop-down menu with a selection of languages such as German, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Indonesian, Chinese, Dutch (pretty much any language that is out there), due to the fact that people from all over the world use this external forum. Now once the person selects the language in which they wish to view the forum in, I would like it to automatically translate the forum, as it is, into the selected language.

Umm, if possible, could anyone supply me an example of all the coding for the translation of at least one of these languages, with instructions as I am fairly new to this and it is for a school thing.

Thanks to anyone in whom can help.

-Skuzzie

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”