OpenBB RC3 -> phpBB2 RC4 converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
NetMagi

OpenBB RC3 -> phpBB2 RC4 converter

Post by NetMagi »

Originally authored by James Seward. I just updated one function and added a check...works great.

http://www.netmagi.net/~nimh/files/openbb2phpbb2.tgz

Oh, and as a note this script will only convert 'one' database, in otherwords you run it on a openBB database after you have installed phpBB2 on the same database. So I recommend copying your old openBB database into whatever you want to call your phpBB2 database, then install phpBB2 on the new database so you have the old openBB data as well as the new phpBB2 data. Then run the script and manually drop the old openBB tables....presto.

Enjoy
---

Nimh
Sheddtech

Post by Sheddtech »

Hi!
Has this tool been used successfully by anyone?

Thanks.

R. Shedd
NetMagi

Post by NetMagi »

Yes,

I converted both my boards with it.
---

Nimh
Snoopy2002

Re: OpenBB RC3 -> phpBB2 RC4 converter

Post by Snoopy2002 »

NetMagi wrote: Originally authored by James Seward. I just updated one function and added a check...works great.

http://www.netmagi.net/~nimh/files/openbb2phpbb2.tgz

Hi!

I just tried to convert my openBB RC 2.4 to phpBB V2.0 and ran into some trouble while converting the posts (rest worked fine):
Forum 5 (convert to 2)Adding new topic: Lösung für DoD Problem:=)
Error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
INSERT INTO phpbb2_topics VALUES('', 2, 'Lösung für DoD Problem:=)', 0, 982277783, 649, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

This error I got with every posting :(

Any solutions?

Thanks.
Bye,
Michael
NetMagi

Post by NetMagi »

Its the special characters in the text....I only have Engish boards. I'll take a look at the script tomarrow and see if there is an easy way for me to fix it, but my programming talent is limited at best. Is there anyone else reading here who would like to have a crack at it?
---

Nimh
Snoopy2002

Post by Snoopy2002 »

Well, that would be nice, but I have also special characters (umlauts) in the boards-names, like:

Ankündigungen
Vorschläge

But these were converted without any problems.
Bye,
Michael
Snoopy2002

Post by Snoopy2002 »

Hi!

I think I've found the bug. This is what the script tries to do:

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics VALUES('', 2, 'Lösung für DoD Problem:=)', 0, 982277783, 649, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

But in phpBB2 the table "phpbb_topics" has the columns:

topic_id forum_id topic_title topic_poster ...

So while trying to convert the post, the topic_id is missing.

I try to fix this error, but my php/MySQL is not very good...

Another thing: As in the example above, the "topic_poster" is "0" in every posting. Is this correct?
Bye,
Michael
richr

Post by richr »

My take on this is that Openbb RC2 and RC3 use different message formats- rc3 has a couple of extra gubbins... The convertors have all been made for rc3. I'm trying to convert an rc2 board, but I'm having no luck modifying the convertors cause I've no idea what the format should be/ shouldn't be and so on....

Any one with an rc2 convertor? You can have my first born if you can provide it ;)
Sheddtech

Post by Sheddtech »

I'm pretty sure that there was an RC2 concerter around here somewhere. Try running a search in the forums.
Sinned

Post by Sinned »

does this converter convert the complete database, included the polls, avatarts, smilies etc?

AND: I can't download the file: Forbidden error is what I get when I click the link, can anyone provide it to me by email plz??

Sinned@joined-alliance.net

tnx!
Sheddtech

Post by Sheddtech »

I think the RC3 converter is based on the RC2 converter, so any limitations of the RC3 converter also apply to the RC2 converter.

R. Shedd
Sheddtech

Post by Sheddtech »

:) You could also update your version of OpenBB to the latest and then use the RC3 converter.
Sinned

Post by Sinned »

sheddtech >> can u please email me the RC3 > phpBB converter if u have it?? I need it badly, want to get rid of the openBB sh*t.. PhpBB is lots better..

plz mail it to me!! Sinned@joined-alliance.net
Snoopy2002

Post by Snoopy2002 »

Hi!

I just had some time to look a little bit closer to the problem. It seems that some things changed in the last openBB-version. The problem with the converter is around line 289:

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO phpbb_topics VALUES('', $newForum, '$topic->title', $topic->posterid, $topic->dateline, $topic->views, $topic->replies, 0, $poll, 0, $topic->lastposterid, 0)";
1. As I wrote in one of my last postings, the first column is missing (topic_id). So first of all, you'll have to add "$topic->id"

2. The poster-id in the openBB-table is always "0" (damn openBB-devs :wink: ), we only have the poster's name in "$topic->poster", so we will have to make a mysql-query to convert the name to the ID. Should be no problem, because the forum-user's are already converted at this time. Unfortunately I never programmed a mysql-query, so don't expect a solution in a short time from myself :wink:

3. There are some more (unimportant?) problems with the conversation of the users: The location, homepage etc. make some problems. I haven't looked closer to that so far.

Maybe I have some time this evening to find a solution.
Bye,
Michael
Snoopy2002

Post by Snoopy2002 »

Ok, I've solved the problem! Change line 289 to:

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO phpbb_topics VALUES('$topic->id', $newForum, '$topic->title', $topic->posterid, $t
opic->dateline, $topic->views, $topic->replies, 0, $poll, 0, $topic->lastposterid, 0, 0)";
This converts all postings.
Bye,
Michael

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”