OpenBB RC3 -> phpBB2 RC4 converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Sinned

Post by Sinned »

tnx, that was my exact problem.. i'll try if it works :D
Kylecool

Post by Kylecool »

I was going to use it too, but I decided to do a fresh install. Now I'm mad I didn't use it. lol :)

-Kyle
VACATION UNTIL june 29TH or 30th. :)
joon

Post by joon »

Hiya,

Just wasted an hour or two trying to transition OpenBB.rc3 -> phpBB2. Hopefully this forum software will *STAY* free :?

Thanks to NetMagi for the original conversion tool and Snoopy2002 for the bug fix. I had some trouble cutting and pasting line 289 (re: Snoopy2002's bugfix) since appears here as two seperate lines and I didn't notice this.

Final note : Someone *PLEASE* patch the openbb2phpbb2.tgz file and update the link on the download page.

JOON
Snoopy2002

Post by Snoopy2002 »

Hi!

I already have mailed the bugfix to NetMagi.
Bye,
Michael
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

hm... somehow it still doesn't convert the postings :( but this time without a warning or an error :(

ok, there are now errors ;)

Convert post 349 (new topicID 274)
warning: munging userid for old post id 349
post metadata FAIL
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 1017160528, '00000000', 'SuGa', 1, 0, 1, 1, '', 0)' at line 1
SQL was INSERT INTO phpbb_posts VALUES('', 274, 24, , 1017160528, '00000000', 'SuGa', 1, 0, 1, 1, '', 0)

could it be, that i've forgotten something?
Snoopy2002

Post by Snoopy2002 »

Well, I haven't had these kind of error (or maybe i didn't recognized them :wink: ).

But nevertheless, the converter is still buggy. In our forum only the first postings in the boards were available for the users, if somebody choosed the second page, he only got the error "this forum contains no postings". With the Search-function all postings were available...

Maybe somebody should write a new converter. Unfortunately, I haven't the experience in programming mysql and php, so I can't do the job...
Bye,
Michael
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

hmmm.... :(
the problem is, that i don't know what is meant with metadata :(
Sheddtech

Post by Sheddtech »

To anyone using this converter:
I recently attempted to use this software to convert my OpenBB forum over to PHPbb. For anyone attempting to use this converter, you first need to apply the previously posted bugfix. You may still run into errors as I did with posts originally posted by Guests. Someone on the converter team should go through this software and at least apply the first bug fix.

Based on my experiences, it is much better to try and upgrade your OpenBB database and then use the UCS Release Candiate converter. Ashe was very helpful in solving all of my conversion problems, and I was able to successfully get my forum up and running with PHPbb.
Support Services Manager, a support desk & knowledge base application which may be integrated into phpBB.

See this thread for more information.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”