In an effort to increase product stability we are happy to announce the availability of the third release candidate for the next release - phpBB 3.0.6.
This third release candidate contains mostly regression fixes. Everyone able to should test this release and report critical bugs (those, stopping the operation of the forum) and issues to the bug tracker or directly to the developers.
We recommend international support sites to update their sites to RC3 too. We are able to provide direct support to them within our international support sites forums.
Changes since RC2
We changed the following things since RC2:
- We reverted revision r10079 which enabled notifications and bookmarks being automatically copied over to splits of topics. We want to discuss this behaviour further, because currently there is no way to influence this setting for users and admins alike. Because this is a new feature in 3.0.6 we decided to not release it at this moment.
- We fixed the ReCaptcha plugin to support RTL
- Fixed the Q&A Captcha to not print out notices if the admin chose to remove all questions
- Fixed the ACP update page to print a failure message if phpbb.com is not reachable for the version check
- Fixed regression from r9678 (add_log() statements for removing posts/topics)
- updated acp forums copy style to look like the rest of the ACP
- Disabled copy forum permissions screen in forums creation/update workflow (we will revisit this one later)
- Fixed the "switch permissions" link
- Fixed ACP issues with long content by reverting revisions r10176 and r9647
- Changed language/en/email/pm_report_deleted.txt to change the reference to "post" to "private message"
- Changed notification about possibility to post private messages in UCP; this involves style changes. Style authors please look at the RC2 to RC3 code changes package if you already updated your styles to RC2.
- Updated the Custom Profile Fields option "view on viewtopic" based on previous settings in database updater
- Fixed wrong bbcode uid assigned if error triggered in quote/forward PM
- Fixed default group assignment if removing from default group and user was in newly registered group
- correctly execute database update step for RC releases where admins forgot to enable the PHPBB_QA constant. We now detect if the version the admin wants to update to is greater than the current version even if phpbb.com says the current version is lower than the update version.
We know that some replaced their includes/functions_messenger.php file from their phpBB 3.0.5 installation with the version from phpBB 3.0.4 due to the following bug:
Ticket Description: Ticket #46725 - functions_messenger [...] causing emailing issues
If you update to RC3 please *re-upload the 3.0.5 functions_messenger.php file* and any other file you replaced with previous versions. If you do not use phpBB 3.0.5 files all modifications will be identified as non-phpBB modifications and merged during the automatic update. This will result in wrong updates where to-be-updated parts for phpBB 3.0.6 will not be included and you will not benefit from the bug fixes - or even notice grave errors.
Language Packs and Styles
The changes are provided with the code changes package. There was one language change and some style changes between RC2 and RC3. Style authors should download the code changes package and adjust their styles accordingly. Please post within our Styles forums if you have questions or encounter problems.
The language and styles changes from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 RC3:
Code changes from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 RC3 (zip)
Code changes from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 RC3 (bz2)
The language and styles changes from 3.0.6 RC2 to 3.0.6 RC3:
Code changes from 3.0.6 RC2 to 3.0.6 RC3 (zip)
Code changes from 3.0.6 RC2 to 3.0.6 RC3 (bz2)
New features, changes, bug fixes
For a list of changes, please see our changelog.
With this release, there are five packages available.
Contains entire phpBB3 source and english language files.
Automatic Update Package:
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
Changed Files Only:
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB3. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release.
Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3.
Code Changes Package:
Package contains changes to the following sections: Language changes, prosilver style changes and subsilver2 style changes.
Select whichever package is most suitable for you. As a tiny guide we recommend the following methods based on the requirements:
- For a new installation you should use the Full Package
- For updates of boards without modifications you can basically use the Automatic Update Package (guided udpate) or the Changed Files Only package (manual update).
- For updates of boards with modifications you should use the Automatic Update Package. If you are confident with patch files and patching you can use the Patch Files Package.
- Style Authors and Translators may use the Code Changes Package to update their styles or language packs directly.
- International Support Teams may use the Patch Package in conjunction with the Code Changes to better support users having problems with conflicts or specific code sections.
- If you are a hoster/provider, you may want to use the Patch Files Package to update all of your client installations.
phpBB 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
phpBB 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Automatic Update Package (3.0.5 to 3.0.6-RC3):
Update package from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Update package from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Automatic Update Package (3.0.6-RC1 to 3.0.6-RC3):
Update package from 3.0.6-RC1 to 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Update package from 3.0.6-RC1 to 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Automatic Update Package (3.0.6-RC2 to 3.0.6-RC3):
Update package from 3.0.6-RC2 to 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Update package from 3.0.6-RC2 to 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Changed Files Only Package:
Changed files only package for phpBB 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Changed files only package for phpBB 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Patch Files Package:
Patch files package for phpBB 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Patch files package for phpBB 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Code Changes Package (3.0.5 to 3.0.6-RC3):
Code changes from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Code changes from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
Code Changes Package (3.0.6-RC2 to 3.0.6-RC3):
Code changes from 3.0.6-RC2 to 3.0.6-RC3 (zip)
Code changes from 3.0.6-RC2 to 3.0.6-RC3 (bz2)
To correctly perform an update, do not forget to re-enable the PHPBB_QA constant within your includes/constants.php file.
Have fun with the release,
the phpBB Team