Change in MOD Team Leadership

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Subscribe to the feed, available in Image Atom or Image RSS format.
Ideas Centre
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Change in MOD Team Leadership

Post by wGEric » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:29 pm

After being on the MOD Team for 2.5 years Igor Wiedler (evil<3) has decided to leave phpBB for personal reasons. While leading the Modifications Team for past year he oversaw the release of many tools including AutoMOD an automatic MOD installer, UMIL an framework for database install scripts, an online MODX creator, and a number of new MODX releases. He also released the source code to many of the tools the MOD Team uses internally. These tools can be found in the MODX Tools project on our code forge. The MOD Database continued to grow under Igor's leadership while maintaining a high level of quality.

I, wGEric, will go back to Modifications Team Leader to continue many of the projects Igor was working on and the Operations Manager will be left empty. We have found out that there aren't nearly as many task as we thought there would be for the Operations Manager so we have decided to go without one for the time being. In the future we will be looking into filling this position again.

Please join me in thanking Igor for all that he has done for the phpBB community as a MOD Author and as the MOD Team Leader and wishing Igor that he will continue to be successful throughout his life.
Eric

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Re: Change in MOD Team Leadership

Post by wGEric » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Eric

Return to “Announcements”