User impersonating phpBB.com staff

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Subscribe to the feed, available in Image Atom or Image RSS format.
Scam Warning

User impersonating phpBB.com staff

Postby Noxwizard » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:58 pm

It has come to my attention that a user has been impersonating our team members in an attempt to gain the trust of others and solicit services. If you are contacted by such a user, always attempt to verify their identity. All phpBB staff members have an @phpbb.com email address which you can ask for to verify our identity. If you need to verify our identity while on IRC, you can use the WHOIS command (/whois Noxwizard) and you should see a phpBB hostmask, such as phpbb/manager/Noxwizard or phpbb/support/stevemaury. When you are looking to hire someone to perform work on your site, or you are approached, always look into their background. Anyone who can perform quality work will always be more than happy to provide you with references.

I encourage you to follow the other tips listed in our previous announcement about scam emails: [README] Scam warning / Good practices for hiring developers
If you believe someone is attempting to scam you, feel free to send a copy of the email to the address given at the end of the previous announcement.

Thank you,
The phpBB Team
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Hosting Services - The Business Helpdesk.com, Inc.
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Name: Patrick Webster

Return to Announcements