We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.1.0 Beta3, the "Bertie's javelin throw" release. This is the third test version of the upcoming phpBB 3.1.0 feature release.
In order to ensure that the final release is of the highest possible quality, we are asking for your assistance with putting the beta through its paces and reporting any encountered bugs. If you find a problem or have a suggestion, please file an issue ticket in our bug tracker.
Please review the Beta1 announcement for an overview of new features in phpBB Ascraeus 3.1 and instructions on updating.
For a complete list of changes with attributed ticket numbers, please consult our comprehensive changelog.
If you find any security issues, please report them to the security tracker.
The downloads are available on the Area51 downloads page.
If you cannot find the package you desire, please see our release archive.
Please note that phpBB 3.1 has some requirements that differ from phpBB 3.0:
- PHP version 5.3.3 or greater is required
- PHP’s json extension is required
- For PostgreSQL users, only versions 8.3 and above are supported
- Events - More events have been added to the template and the php core
- SQLite3 Support - SQLite3 is now supported by phpBB
- Apache 2.4 Support - The .htaccess file now supports the Apache 2.4 syntax
- Prune shadow topics - An option was added, to allow automatic pruning of shadow topics
- PLupload for PMs - The new PLuploader was added to the "PM compose" screen aswell
- New constant for container recompiling - We added DEBUG_CONTAINER for recreating the container on every page load. This allows you to have debug enabled but still have fast page loads.
- Reverting migrations update_data - Migrator does no longer automatically revert custom functions defined in update_data()
- PMs to banned users - Permanently banned users can no longer receive PMs and User Emails
- Coding Guidelines - The coding guidelines have been updated to match the rules for 3.1
- jQuery Update - The shipped version of jQuery has been updated to 1.11.0 - We didn't go for 2.0.x because we want to support IE8
- Update dependencies - Update Symfony Dependencies to latest 2.3 releaes, the minimum stability was changed to stable and test and documentation files were removed from the packages
- Breadcrumb seperator - Moved breadcrumb seperator from template to CSS
- DB Schemas - We removed the schema from the install/schemas/*.sql files. The neccessary queries are now generated from the schema.json instead
- (Re-)Approving, (Soft-)Deleting of posts - Several errors regarding approving/notifications with posts and soft deleted posts have been addressed
- Redirect after Ajax Request - Redirect after ajax requests now also works for routes
- Update on MSSQL - Updating a board from 3.0.x to 3.1 should now currently work on MSSQL