We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.1.0 Beta4, the "Bertie is awaiting the summer" release. This is the fourth test version of the upcoming phpBB 3.1.0 feature release.
In order to ensure that the final release is of the highest possible quality, we are asking for your assistance with putting the beta through its paces and reporting any encountered bugs. If you find a problem or have a suggestion, please file an issue ticket in our bug tracker.
Please review the Beta1 announcement for an overview of new features in phpBB Ascraeus 3.1 and instructions on updating.
For a complete list of changes with attributed ticket numbers, please consult our comprehensive changelog.
If you find any security issues, please report them to the security tracker.
The downloads are available on the Area51 downloads page.
If you cannot find the package you desire, please see our release archive.
Please note that phpBB 3.1 has some requirements that differ from phpBB 3.0:
- PHP version 5.3.3 or greater is required
- PHP’s json extension is required
- For PostgreSQL users, only versions 8.3 and above are supported
- Events - More events have been added to the template and the php core
- Unread URLs - view=unread#unread URLs are now updated via js, so you can share/copy-paste them after clicking on them and still link to the correct post
- Canonical URLs - Canonical URLs have been added for the user profiles, view topic and view forum pages
- No-image post buttons - The post related buttons are not translated images anymore. Instead they are using CSS now
- Extension version check - The version check has been extended so extensions can use it to inform admins about new updates
- PLupload updated to 2.1.2 - PLupload fixed a couple of bugs we reported
- jQuery file renamed - The shipped jQuery file has been renamed to jquery.min.js
- Translation editor removed - The ACP editor for translation files has been removed
- Captcha Plugins - If a missing captcha plugin is selected, the update will reset it to the default Captcha
- "Not approved" posts in feeds - Several bugs related to unapproved/softdelete posts in feeds have been fixed
- Right-to-left - Several bugs related to right-to-left languages have been fixed