We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.1.0-RC2, the "Bertie travels to Rio de Janeiro" release. This is the second release candidate version of the upcoming phpBB 3.1.0 feature release.
In order to ensure that the final release is of the highest possible quality, we are asking for your assistance with putting the release candidate through its paces and reporting any encountered bugs. If you find a problem or have a suggestion, please file an issue ticket in our bug tracker.
Please review the Beta1 announcement for an overview of new features in phpBB Ascraeus 3.1 and instructions on updating.
Release highlights can be found in the wiki.
For a complete list of changes with attributed ticket numbers, please consult our comprehensive changelog.
If you find any security issues, please report them to the security tracker.
The downloads are available on the Area51 downloads page.
If you cannot find the package you desire, please see our release archive.
Please note that phpBB 3.1 has some requirements that differ from phpBB 3.0:
- PHP version 5.3.3 or greater is required
- PHP’s json extension is required
- For PostgreSQL users, only versions 8.3 and above are supported
- Firebird is not supported anymore
- Style changes - Prosilver received a little facelift. The header has been updated to a cleaner look. Additionally a maximum width has been added.
- require:phpbb/phpbb in Ext composer.json - Remove require: phpbb/phpbb from Extensions composer.json files: viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2250471
- Change in calls to dbal properties - New methods need to be used for acquiring the dbal properites: viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2250946
- Symfony components updated - The Symfony suite has been updated from 2.3.12 to 2.3.16
- Web root path for ajax calls - The web root path for ajax calls is wrong. It can now be fixed by appending the referer as a parameter to the ajax call url