phpBB Release, Security and Support Plan

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Subscribe to the feed, available in Image Atom or Image RSS format.
Anti-Spam Guide
naderman
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Nils Adermann

phpBB Release, Security and Support Plan

Post by naderman »

This post outlines our planned schedule for development and support of the different phpBB versions available. You can view a comprehensive explanation of the timeline and what each date means to you on our new release overview page.

End of Maintenance - End of Maintenance means, that we will no longer fix bugs in this version. Only security patches and security releases will be made available. New extensions and styles will not be accepted for this version anymore. Updates to published extensions and styles will still be validated.

End of Life - End of Life means, that no security patches will be provided anymore. Further this marks the end for extension and style updates. The Extensions and Styles Teams will not validate new updates for this version anymore.

End of Support - End of Support means, that the support forums for the respective version will be closed and questions will not be answered anymore. Currently there are no specific End of Support dates but the Support Team will support the versions at the very least until the End of Life of the respective version. Support may be provided past this point and the support team will give at least 6 months notice before the End of Support for a particular version.

Currently the planned schedule is as follows:
  • Nov 2014 - 3.1.0 Release
  • May 2015 - 3.0.x End of Maintenance
  • Nov 2015 - 3.0.x End of Life, 3.2.0 Release
  • May 2016 - 3.1.x End of Maintenance
  • Nov 2016 - 3.1.x End of Life, 3.3.0 Release
  • May 2017 - 3.2.x End of Maintenance
--
The phpBB Team
I appreciate gifts from my Amazon wishlist.
naderman.de twitter: @naderman
naderman
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Nils Adermann

Re: phpBB Release, Security and Support Plan

Post by naderman »

Please discuss this announcement in its dedicated discussion topic.
I appreciate gifts from my Amazon wishlist.
naderman.de twitter: @naderman
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

As announced, the permissions for the 3.0.x MOD Requests and the 3.0.x MODs in Development forums have now been modified to not allow new topics to be created, although replies are still allowed. New MODs will no longer be accepted into the CDB from this point forward. We will only be allowing updates to already approved MODs.

P.S. MODs that are still in the queue will be processed accordingly. If they are denied no further submissions for it will be accepted if the MOD does not meet the above stated requirements.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

As previously announced, the phpBB 3.0 line has now reached EOL and all MOD forums have been locked. New MODs and updates to existing MODs will no longer be accepted. The modifications category has also been set to hidden in the Customisations Database.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “Announcements”